• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyCharophyceanchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quarterfinal 1 - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

aauh..
MI 2

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Monkey Island 2.

*pats Tex on the shoulder and hands him a bottle of vintage 2035 scotch*

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

This is a bit unfair because I didn’t play Monkey Island 2 when it came out, but I did with the Pandora Directive. 

But the Pandora Directive was such a cool and innovative game.  I really enjoyed the way they presented their story and the freedom the divergent paths allowed.  And it allowed for a tremendous amount of interactivity for an FMV game.  Probably more than any other ever made.  It’s a tough game to beat for me.

And perhaps because I didn’t play MI 2 at the time of release (I was more of a Sierra guy at the time), it never formed as strong of a connection with me.

My vote: The Pandora Directive

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

2 games from series that I like but don’t love as much as some… I think it’s got to be…

Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

My vote goes to Monkey Island 2

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I knew exactly what I was going to vote for in this match until I played through a lot of You Tube footage in order to remind myself of Monkey Island 2 for today’s AGSotD Special to find myself teetering between the 2 games!

diego - 26 January 2015 06:55 AM

None other game had come close to the SENSE OF FREEDOM Monkey Island 2 gives you - I’m not only talking about the free roaming between the islands, but also the rich exploration right from the start on Scabb Island.

Bogi - 26 January 2015 07:46 AM

^This

And it’s even augmented by the fact that from the start Largo imposed blockade of the island and when you finally lift it you feel you can literary conquer the world, that feeling when Captain Dread gives you the map of a “WHOLE” Tri-island area cannot be described by words, it has to be felt.

@Chrissie
Listening to that story and considering that you still haven’t voted in QF1 thread I realize that there still might be a glimpse of hope, a tiny bead of promise that just maybe an underdog already scrapped by all could still prevail in the end Gasp

Well those posts sure tugged at my heart-strings & I had forgotten just how excellent MI 2 is & how much I loved the story, humour, puzzles, soundtrack & all so what a dilemma!

But after a lot of thought I’m sorry but my vote remains with The Pandora Directive – the setting, interesting story, characters & FMV sequences with great acting along with the option to make different choices in a replay won me over!

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2013-08-17

PM

Tex Murphy - The Pandora Directive

I like the Monkey Island games, but I love the Tex Murphy games, so it’s an easy decision for me.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Bogi - 25 January 2015 05:44 AM

Nothing can stop boring Noir final Frown

Better than boring LucasArts final Smile

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Well, if the person who has a CHARACTER from MI2 as her AVATAR votes against Monkey Island 2… then we’re doomed.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 26 January 2015 10:36 AM

Well, if the person who has a CHARACTER from MI2 as her AVATAR votes against Monkey Island 2… then we’re doomed.

Laughing

I’m sorry, I’ve just deleted the link if you saw it earlier - in hindisight I decided I didn’t like it!

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Tough choice, but Pandora Directive

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

chrissie - 26 January 2015 11:00 AM

I’m sorry, I’ve just deleted the link if you saw it earlier - in hindisight I decided I didn’t like it!

No Trouble!  Tongue

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sefir - 26 January 2015 02:32 PM
chrissie - 26 January 2015 11:00 AM

No Trouble!  Tongue

Ha!

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

No doubt: The Pandora Directive

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive