• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

R.I.P. Astrid Beulink aka PolloDiablo

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

May her soul rest in peace.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

Wow, that’s so sad.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Very Sad.

I only met Astrid once at AdventureX a couple of years ago and it was quickly apparent that she was a really lovely person and absolutely fascinated by and dedicated to adventure games.

As I fumbled out a few words to Dave Gilbert telling him how much I enjoyed his games, slightly embarrassed at my nerdiness/fanboyism, Astrid sidled up and, in the most polite and charming way, asked Dave to sign the cover of her Blackwell Bundle with a special white pen to ensure it would show up on the dark background.

I couldn’t help but smile along at her open and natural love for the games and the people, shortly before wondering why I couldn’t have thought of that too!

Thoughts and prayers with all the family and friends she left behind.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you for letting us know Karlok. Such a sad loss for family & friends & she will be greatly missed by the gaming community.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Jack posted a tribute to Astrid on the homepage this morning: http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/27948

PolloDiablo has been part of AG’s community for as long as I can remember, and I’ll miss having her around.

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Those who are friends with Laura MacDonald and Ana Sprague should note that they also posted the news on their respective Facebook pages.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

I’ve received a personal message of appreciation from Astrid’s parents to share with the the adventure community for the outpouring of affection for their daughter, copied below.

At Adventure Gamers we did read a lot of memories about our daughter Astrid. Thank you so much for all those condolences and warm reactions.

Her girl’s name was Astrid de Groen, after her marriage with Remy Beulink, she changed her surname to Beulink. We knew that our daughter always was very active with so called computer games, (but we never played any game like that).

We have seen comments as: “Astrid was an exceptional person”, we agree.

And: “It was a privilege to know her”. Indeed, it was a privilege to have Astrid as a daughter.

She was a very bright child, when she was 2 years old she could recognise the big letter P at parking places, that’s the P of Papa! she yelled many times. She could read well at the age of 5 years. We have seen her birth, we have had the pleasure to see her growing up and making her studies, (which were always hassle-free), we have seen her happy with Remy and we have seen her illness and her passing away at the age of only 45 years.

The cremation has been at January 22th. We miss her.

Again, many thanks for the warm reactions.

Wim and Hannie de Groen,

parents of Astrid Beulink-de Groen.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

What a wonderful message! It’s great to hear from Astrid’s parents and to learn a bit about her childhood. Thanks for posting this, Jack.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2009-12-11

PM

This is really sad to hear.  I always enjoyed reading Astrid’s articles.  My heart goes out to her family.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you for sharing that Jackal - it’s hard enough to deal with the death of your parents which you always know will happen eventually if life works the right way around. But no-one should have to deal with the death of their ‘child’ as Astrid’s parents have had to do & can’t tell you enough how lovely I think it is for them to have taken the time to convey that message to you.

I don’t know what to say except for that bereavement’s a long hard road that doesn’t really end but does get easier to live with as time goes by but I feel for you Astrid’s parents as the pain of a loss is with you forever.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top