• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 19 October 2014

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The three pillars of the adventure game – exploration, story, puzzles - are in place in Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst (2011), but it also has the hallmarks of a casual game. So today is Fringe Day!

Like I said before, I’m a fan of the MCF series. With Escape from Ravenhearst head and shoulders above the rest. Incredibly over the top, tongue firmly in cheek, great irreverent humor and atmosphere. The puzzles are more original and in most cases harder than the average casual game. 

The screenshot is taken from one of my favorite locations:  the maternity ward with the pregnant ladies puzzle and cribs with unlovable babies. Not exactly politically correct. 

Look at my pretty maids all in a row,
Touch their bellies, make them grow.
Pump them up, all nice and neat.
Earn yourself a delicious treat.

Gasp

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I’ve played some Mystery Case File games: MCF: Huntsville, MCF: Prime Suspects, MCF: Ravenhearst and MCF: Madame Fate (didn’t finish this one).

Enjoyed the whole lot of them. Yes, I’m not an AG purist, I just love to have fun (in all the shapes it might come by).

I’m still to play MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5588

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Escape from Ravenhurst had one of the grossest puzzles I’ve ever encountered in a game.  The eew factor was strong, but it was also very clever. 

My favorite part of the Ravenhurst games are the Rube Goldberg puzzles.  They are amazing and really fun to play.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Lady Kestrel - 19 October 2014 10:57 AM

Escape from Ravenhurst had one of the grossest puzzles I’ve ever encountered in a game.  The eew factor was strong, but it was also very clever.

Which one, which one? Yum

My favorite part of the Ravenhurst games are the Rube Goldberg puzzles.  They are amazing and really fun to play.

Absolutely.

Total Posts: 5588

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The pimple popping.  Eeeeewwwww! Sick

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oh yes! Gross and disgusting. Takes courage to make a game with that kind of puzzle. Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top