• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04CaliMonkCharophyceanchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Theresia DS

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2014-09-20

PM

Hello, I’m considering getting this game on e bay but before, I would like to have some opinions about this horror-adventure first person game on The Nintendo DS .

Who played it here ? How fun and playable is it ? Would you recommand it ?

Thanks for any opinion Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Actually, the best adventure game I played in 2009. Loved it. It is not for everyone.

Very mature, quite creepy.

I’m not the only one who loved it:

http://www.amazon.com/Theresia-Nintendo-DS/product-reviews/B001CU2SE8/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Give it a play.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2014-09-20

PM

Mikekelly - 22 September 2014 08:25 PM

Actually, the best adventure game I played in 2009. Loved it. It is not for everyone.

Very mature, quite creepy.

I’m not the only one who loved it

Thanks a lot for answering Mike.

Though, I’ve read a lot of complaints about the gameplay on those amazon reviews.

One person stated :

“The gameplay is RIDICULOUS. You have to continually click on every different area to find out what to do next, including very specific areas in things like paintings. Nothing is highlighted or even differentiated in any way to show parts that might be important. BUT WAIT! There’s a surprise—EVERYTHING KILLS YOU. Literally. You can simply touch a book and then you’re reading another dramatic description of your sharp cries as crimson blood begins dripping from your frail fingertips to the floor as you curl up in empty, miserable agony. Not only that, but when the character reacts the exact same dramatic way to a needle pricking her as getting burned or touched by acid then you really start to feel more annoyed than anything else.

Sometimes, you’ll touch something once, it will hurt you, but somehow you’re supposed to realize that you need to touch it TWICE to advance despite having no hints to this whatsoever. And other times touching something twice means you’ll die.”

Is the gameplay THAT bad and take the fun out of the experience ?

Confused Mini Smile  Mini Smile  Mini Smile

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

One serious design flaw made me quit this game after a few of hours. For a game that is very much about exploration and story it is silly how it randomly punishes the player for exploring. To touch stuff like completely innocent looking books and chairs can be lethal in this game. Really liked other aspects of the game though. It has a great retro feel and the atmosphere is fantastic. Maybe I’ll give it another chance some day.

Edit: So I pretty much agree with the person on Amazon, although he or she is exaggerating.

Joined 2014-09-20

PM

Veovis - 23 September 2014 04:11 AM

One serious design flaw made me quit this game after a few of hours. For a game that is very much about exploration and story it is silly how it randomly punishes the player for exploring. To touch stuff like completely innocent looking books and chairs can be lethal in this game. Really liked other aspects of the game though. It has a great retro feel and the atmosphere is fantastic. Maybe I’ll give it another chance some day.

Edit: So I pretty much agree with the person on Amazon, although he or she is exaggerating.

This is exactly what prevents me from playing it right now.

IGN reviewer stated the exact same thing :

“What was annoying was how the game discourages exploration. You have to search rooms for items—that’s how the game works. At the same time, traps are hidden in ordinary objects all over the place, and we are given no warning as to their whereabouts.  I think it was a design mistake to litter the game world with traps, discouraging exploration. These types of graphic adventures are all about trial and error, and the player should be free to examine objects without being used as a pin cushion”

Is this a game made by sadists for masochists ? I don’t get the “fun” in getting tortured each time you touch any object like a simple book…

A crying shame cause if not for that, I would probably get it in a heartbeat Meh

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Alex Nevermind - 23 September 2014 01:30 PM

A crying shame cause if not for that, I would probably get it in a heartbeat Meh

That’s also why I never purchased the game. To me it sounds like a deal-breaker…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Looks like the whole “you touch an object, you get tortured” in Theresia didn’t prevent you to have fun.

ok, FIRST OF ALL….........this is a HORROR game - to me, the traps added to the horror aspects of the game.

To deal with those:

1) Save often and replay when you get caught up in a trap and avoid it the second time.

2) Use a walkthrough - these are free and numerous for this game - they tell you exactly where the traps are and how to avoid them.

I myself used a little of both and have played the game several times and dealt with the occasional trap just fine. It is a true horror game on the Nintendo DS and collectable for that reason alone.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top