• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #29: Syberia

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Sefir - 25 August 2014 06:40 AM

So far we have Windows, Mac, iPad and Android. It will be interesting comparing the pros and cons of each version. Smile

And I’ll be playing it on XBox.
So now we have people playing it on Windows, Mac, iPad, Android, DS, and XBox.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

It seems I can’t find the discs at the moment, so I’d need to download it.
In a few hours I’ll be ready.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2014-07-11

PM

Yeah!!! I will be playing this with you guys, this will be my first community playtrough Grin

Have it on Steam :-)

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

As I have this on teh androidz this seems a perfect opportunity to give it another playthrough. Count me in. Smile

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

crabapple - 25 August 2014 08:54 PM

Wow, that’s unheard of. Gasp
Could be very interesting…

Are there other platforms we can add to this? Tongue
Actually, are there any other adventure games that have been released on this many platforms? Myst perhaps (although that DS version is about as fun as driving a red hot poker through your eye)???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 26 August 2014 01:20 PM
crabapple - 25 August 2014 08:54 PM

Are there other platforms we can add to this? Tongue

PS2.
Syberia was released in PS2 too. Have to find someone…..

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

although that DS version is about as fun as driving a red hot poker through your eye)

I Traded the Myst DS game in for the ipad version - which is amazing. Myst DS is terrible. Syberia DS is playable. It was NOT what it was hyped up to be - a major remake of the game with new touch screen puzzles, etc.

However, despite it’s faults it does look and play OK on a DSI XL. And I can play it at the same time I post - which is the idea.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2012-03-07

PM

I considered to download the Android version, but I will stick to the PC version after noticing in a YouTube video that the screens were covered with icons, which spoil the beautiful graphics. I am not sure if there is an option for this to switch this off?

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

robert foster - 27 August 2014 06:08 AM

I considered to download the Android version, but I will stick to the PC version after noticing in a YouTube video that the screens were covered with icons, which spoil the beautiful graphics. I am not sure if there is an option for this to switch this off?

You made the right decision!

I admit that in my Android verion I find no icons that spoil the fun, but that awkward 2D model of Kate is REALLY awful.

Stick to the PC version. Better by far!!

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

It’s time!!!

I suspect everyone saw that very interesting intro (one of my favourites ever BTW) to see if the game is working.

So welcome to Valadilene!!!

Here, you come for business, but the result is to learn about automatons, make friends (some of them quite literally!), explore the beautiful surroundings, and begin the most amazing journey you will ever have!!
And of course stealing, breaking in, destroying various properites, etc like every proper adventure game main character!!

You have until the 3rd of September to finish the first chapter of the game. Up to the point when you watch the cinematic that leaves you from Valadilene, that is.

P.S. Something I forgot to tell in the beginning. Kate’s cellphone plays an important role in the game. While sometimes someone calls her and she automatically picks up, it’s up to the player to make calls when necessary, something needed in a number of situations. They are all logical situations though.

P.S.2 How about some photography? Take the (in your opinion) most beautiful screenshots of this chapter and post it! But only 2 shots/chapter for each one of you! Smile
In the end we can vote the best screenshot of the game!!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 27 August 2014 07:27 AM

P.S.2 How about some photography? Take the (in your opinion) most beautiful screenshots of this chapter and post it! But only 2 shots/chapter for each one of you! Smile

Just to clarity: Are we only allowed to post 2 screenshots from each chapter, even if we want to us a screenshot to illustrate what we are talking about, or to make some kind of point? Or are we only limited to 2 pictures per chapter in the “best screenshot of the game” competition ?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Iznogood - 27 August 2014 09:29 AM
Sefir - 27 August 2014 07:27 AM

...Or are we only limited to 2 pictures per chapter in the “best screenshot of the game” competition ?

That one.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Thanks - that was also what I was hoping.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The beginning introduction cutscene is still stunning on the Dsi XL, at the time, the fact that PC ports would play at all on a handheld amazed me. I have at lest 20 PC ports on the Nintendo DS and one at least is actually better than the PC version.

However, the duel screen of the Nintendo DS is used well in this game and at least they got that right in the conversion.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2014-01-04

PM

Having missed replaying Gray Matter with the forums due to unexpected computer issues (!@#$ing graphics cards ...) I’m glad to have my PC fully functional for Syberia, a game I’ve never played before. It came out during the period when I wasn’t gaming at all, and I never got around to catching up.

Part of the reason for that is that I heard ‘automatons’ and thought ‘mechanical puzzles’ and then thought ‘Myst’ and then thought ‘ugh.’ I’m glad to report that I found the first chapter charming and not frustrating at all. however. The automatons are so full of personality!

I’m also stunned at how beautiful it is, especially for a game that came out twelve years ago. As it happens, I was just playing Knights of the Old Republic, which came out the year after this, and the contrast in graphical quality is startling. (I mean, obviously BioWare had things to spend money on other than backgrounds of very pretty toy factories. But still, it highlights the achievement of Syberia.)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top