• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Life is Strange

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Hm…didn’t watch all of it as it would spoil too much, but it does look interesting. It’s out on the 30th, so not long now.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I think they said each episode is only about 1-2 hours long, so there’s no way I’m watching the first 20 minutes of it.

Probably seen too much watching the behind the scenes stuff.

Still looking forward to it though. Will be really, really difficult to pull this off I reckon.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

wow the comments on that gameplay vid are annoying.  i guess the acting is a bit bad and all but the art and interface looks amazing to me.  no one seems to get what an adventure game is -_-  this looks like it could be really good. or at least moderately good.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Never read comments. They’re usually full of troll baiting drivel.

I like the artstyle. It’s a blend of realism with a vibrant palette that sits closer to a cartoon. It gives it a unique look. The acting is okay, but from what I did see (which was very little), it did have a weird jolt from the storm scene to the mundane school life. Still, if these episode are released within a short amount of time like mentioned above, that’s already a huge plus. Telltale seem to be tumbling around badly in that department.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-06-28

PM

I found this game for the first time on Steam the other day and judging by the pictures i do expect this to be a good game I’m quite excited for it, Shame not much publicity has been shown towards this game.

[COLOR=\“Lime\”]Just another Let\‘s Play YouTuber\n\nwww.youtube.com/PaullieeTV[/COLOR]

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m quite intrigued by the game & did watch the whole 20 mins of the game play trailer.
I didn’t really like the way that whatever/whoever was highlighted if it/they could be interacted with but other than that my thought was that the game had a lot of different possibilities to be explored by having the ability to rewind time. On the other hand if the game’s not done well it could be tedious to keep repeating things over! I’m keeping my eye on this game!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Feels like a good 5 hrs appetizer, before they pull off full fledged action RPG

Will grab this on sale.

Share your impressions on story and characters if anyone gets this.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Why not ‘grab it’ right now & take it down to the General thread instead of interrupting this one!

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

PaullieeTV - 27 January 2015 01:30 PM

I found this game for the first time on Steam the other day and judging by the pictures i do expect this to be a good game I’m quite excited for it, Shame not much publicity has been shown towards this game.

I’m hoping it’s a case of wait and see. If the reviews are good after episode one, it might start a bigger publicity campaign from the publishers.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

chrissie - 27 January 2015 01:47 PM

Why not ‘grab it’ right now & take it down to the General thread instead of interrupting this one!

Why not grab your ego and get off my ass, in other thread and now here.

Conjectural bullshit on your part basically, i meant > will grab the game LIFE IS STRANGE on sale, while they prepare their big proper title, coming later.

Don’t act like a saint, as if you didn’t derail the other thread explaining your frustration with QTE action scenes of Fahrenheit, which had nothing to do with graphics.

And keep your pompous, self-congratulatory discussion where little to no progress is made, with others if my posts really hurt you.

Ignore my posts.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Cool it with the constant negativity and hostility!

Chrissie has every right to mention that you’re basically barging into this thread by posting about an unrelated game (and even encouraging others to talk about that one instead). And she didn’t even scold you, nor was she impolite, so there’s no need to throw a tantrum, and especially not an insulting personal attack.
What you just did is unacceptable here. If it happens again, you’re gone.

As for that other thread, that has nothing to do with your reaction here. Besides, your criticism of anything remotely classic point-and-click was what derailed that thread, not her talk of action hybrids.
Frankly, I’m starting to wonder if you even like adventure games because I hardly ever read anything positive about them from you…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

This game’s producer did an Ask Me Anything on Reddit just a few hours ago.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2tu8zx/life_is_strange_reddit_ama_with_the_dontnod_team/

Some quotes that stood out to me:

On the game’s length.

This is the type of game that really depends on the player. In the playtests we find that a standard first time playthrough of the Episode 1 takes approximately 2 hours but many players explore every single bit of environmental storytelling or want to know every outcome before they make their final choice, using the rewind mechanic. Some players have taken 4 hours to get through Episode 1 so the length is really dependant on how you choose to play ! All of the episodes are around the same length too.

Will the game’s story revolve heavily around the supernatural?

Life is Strange is heavily anchored in reality, the down to earth elements like isolation, social issues, friendship, family issues, missing student… are keys to Life is Strange, it is our starting point and we are not telling a sci-fi story, but a realistic story with supernatural elements on top of it. However as you will be playing all the episodes and go deeper inside our game and story, you’ll discover daker themes and a growing importance of the supernatural elements. And yes the tornado is an important element of the game Smile

On the game’s gameplay/puzzles.

In Life is Strange, we’re going for story and character development over puzzles.

However, we also want to have modern point’n’click puzzles which are simple puzzles with a twist: the rewind ability. And all of them are tied to the main plot as we want them to always tell something about the narration.

So both narration and puzzle solving will move players on but this is most definitely a modern narrative driven game that has puzzles. Not a puzzle game with a good story!

Who will Life is Strange appeal to?

I don’t want to spoil anything, but we think that we have an interesting story with very dark and mature themes. This most definitely isn’t a high school drama – it just so happens that there is a high school in the game! People are clearly not expecting the journey we have created for sure. We’re looking forward to see how people react when they realise what we have created for you. All I can say is that people haven’t often played a game that deals with the issues and topics we’ve included. It’s a first for games in our opinion.

To be honest we also really think that the gender of a main character is quite irrelevant when creating a good story, it really depends on how you write your characters in relation to the themes you are dealing with. Life is Strange is starring a teenage girl, you’re right, but it is clearly not only a teenage girl story and we really think that both male players and female players will relate to this game and enjoy this adventure.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 27 January 2015 04:59 PM

Cool it with the constant negativity and hostility!
Frankly, I’m starting to wonder if you even like adventure games because I hardly ever read anything positive about them from you…

Yes i bashed last Express ,BS5, Gemini Rue, Shiva, Primordia, DreamFall Chapters, KZ0, Machinarium, ClockTower PSX successor Nightcry also not point and click etc.lol
And if you mean non-traditional Adv games then add TWAU, Boderlands, Quantic Dream games etc. too, i hate them all.

You are absolutely right, you were clearly reading my posts with heed.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/4842/P60/#82045

I replied to him, specifically by quoting him , and that went off , however count your friend’s reply from that point on and how many were on topic and then count my replies how much i avoided her and others.
If you still cannot, i can quote all the story and mechanics discussion, but hey you are
already convinced because i can clearly sense history and favoritism here.

Posts 80, 84, 86 were totally ontopic, 88 , 89 lol, 91, 93, 95, 97, 98, 99, 102, 103 and so on.
If from 80 to 102 posts can be made discussing QTEs, why SH works or not, Why Cage games stories and mechanics suck or not, in the Importance of Graphics thread, then
i think this one post here to show where you went wrong is justifiable, no??

I understand you have to run this site and maintain relationships and put on the appearance with selective entitlement but how different my hate for BW game series is any different than hate D.Cage’s game get here??

and when Zifnab called me Idiot , do you even remember what was your reply??
No banning warning or anything, “Hey guys there are civil ways”.

When monolith used way more offensive language against me, you were much cool to come and say, “Hey guys cool it off” (when i asked you), here too you could have said same without the narrative buildup to intimidate your user base, i am aware of Quest scenario.

Sorry Tim but you guys are walking definition of Bias, have some balance in policies.

Cheers.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Nomadsoul, your posts are FAR too frequently hostile and rude. Concern yourself with your own behaviour, not our forum moderation. This is warning, not a debate and not a request. Either smarten up, or get the hell out.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

To be fair, Normad does have a point about not getting fair treatment in those incidences. All I can say though is next time it happens, report it and let the mods sort it out.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top