• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

OOUS

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quest for Infamy Discussion and Impressions

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2013-08-31

PM

Really hope you guys do great with the game! We need this genre back in such a strong way like this, I love it.

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2007-08-16

PM

Lambonius - 10 July 2014 06:16 PM
zazzaro - 10 July 2014 05:13 PM
Lucien21 - 10 July 2014 04:46 PM

Unfortunatly not everyone is loving it.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/questforimfamy/2381/review.html

Sounds like a console and Tell Tale adventure gamer. Oh well.

That review is certainly disappointing, but hey—can’t please everyone.  I think this reviewer does the game a bit of a disservice though—he admittedly didn’t play past a certain point because he was offended by the fact that the two main female characters are scantily clad, ignoring the fact that this trope is being satirized and ultimately turned on its head by certain events later in the plot.  Oh well.  Hot button issues and all.  Smile  We’re very proud of the game and stand by it, and have been very pleased that it’s been mostly warmly received so far!

Yeah but you just knew what was coming with that review by the opening paragraph. Quest for Glory being released during the console period of gaming. Um yeah maybe if you were a kid and didn’t have access to the awesome games on PC during the early 90s that were easily on par with console games of that era. Imperfections being ironed out or streamlined I’m sure is talking about a one action button that does everything, which I don’t agree with. I like the icons and they certainly are not a short coming and that doesnt make me staunch adherent to that period of gaming.Then like you said, reviewing something that you haven’t finished. It’s just a poor review overall really and you can tell the reviewer is more for the streamlined, corridor hand holding tell tale type adventures.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the walking dead, the wolf among us and s2 walking dead (so far) but they are like an interactive choose your own adventure book. You don’t get stumped in those games. It’s a shame those types of adventure games are getting great publicity while the real adventure games are thought of as dated and too obscure by mass audiences. Sorry for the rant that review just struck a nerve with me. I thought Heroines Quest was by far the best original adventure to come out in decades and unless you are into the adventure game scene you probably haven’t heard about it. Glad you all have thicker skin than I do Grin.

Sorry back on topic, loading QFI now cannot wait Smile.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Sorry but that review made me laugh;

In the name of fidelity, Infamy adopts a tiered control system (akin to Quest for Glory’s) whereby you use the mouse scroller to swap between walk, interact, talk, observe and item functions – instead of tying these actions to a singular mouse click. It’s an utterly counter-intuitive system that makes simply talking to an NPC an arduous task.

Hah. So it’s “fidelity” to want to give the player choice of what they want to do? Let the player click once and the game decide the rest? Yeah, typical. This is what you get when you make a game in a world where all games are streamlined to death to remove any kind of freedom. God I hate these idiot reviewers. And it gets worse -

Attempt to interact with Voleris after your conversation and a tragic line of text appears: “there’s nothing you would like more than to touch her”. Such wilful objectification of women is wholly unacceptable, yet unfortunately, it’s a theme that perpetuates throughout the game

So apparently we’re only allowed to play as Ned Flanders now. Next, stealing and killing will be “wholly unacceptable”, along with anything other than thinking innocent thoughts and reading the bible at home.

My congrats, Infamous. When you get reviews like this, you KNOW you’ve done a great job. Keep it up!

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Zifnab - 11 July 2014 01:14 AM

Sorry but that review made me laugh;

My congrats, Infamous. When you get reviews like this, you KNOW you’ve done a great job. Keep it up!

Heh - thanks, Zifnab.

Bt

Joined 2013-08-31

PM

Being there for the glory days of adventure games, this hits the mark. I couldn’t be more pumped that the game is finally out.

Heroines quest, divinity original sin, quest for infamy, shadowgate and pillars of eternity soon…wtf is going on with all this amazing classic PC gaming coming our way?? Love it…absolutely love it.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Savatage79 - 11 July 2014 01:27 AM

Being there for the glory days of adventure games, this hits the mark. I couldn’t be more pumped that the game is finally out.

Heroines quest, divinity original sin, quest for infamy, shadowgate and pillars of eternity soon…wtf is going on with all this amazing classic PC gaming coming our way?? Love it…absolutely love it.

I know! I’m stoked about D: OS and Shadowgate, which is one of my FAVORITE old Icom games!!  I met the man who did Shadowgate’s soundtrack at GDC, incidentally, and he is a really awesome dude!

Anyway, I’m stoked too.

Bt

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Lucien21 - 10 July 2014 04:46 PM

Unfortunatly not everyone is loving it.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/questforimfamy/2381/review.html

That reviewer seems to be one of those self proclaimed political correctness supervisors. They are often way too busy on riding their high horse to be taken seriously. At least I don’t.

Oh, and congrats on getting the game out Blackthorne and co.

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2007-08-16

PM

I also wanted to pick apart one more section of the review. How about the it’s easy to click outside of the game window so it’s hard to move the character around. A simple 5 seconds into QFI in my steam apps folder allowed me to play with resolution and go full screen. Really a poor review.

Joined 2013-08-31

PM

Would love to go full screen, how do I?

Total Posts: 52

Joined 2013-02-23

PM

Try running winsetup and ensure that the ‘Run in a window instead of full-screen’ option is unchecked.

You may also need to adjust the graphics filter (this determines the scaling of the 320x240 resolution. e.g. 2x nearest-neighbour filter means 640x480 window size).

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

savatage, have you tried pressing control + enter (or is it alt + enter).  I just found that out a few months ago when I was playing gabriel knight and I would tab out of it, and then when it came back on it was in a windowed version and voila!  just pressing a few keys and it went to normal screen. Just a thought to try…..

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

There is also a file called “winsetupQFI” in the game directory that will help you run in fullscreen.

I’ve found that choosing 640x480 and fullscreen has the most compatibility across the board for people.

Bt

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Alt+Enter doesn’t work with AGS games, as far as I know.  But yeah, like they said—it’s the winsetupQFI.exe file in the game directory that will let you change those parameters.

If you’re playing on Steam, you can find the game directory easily by right-clicking the QFI file name in Steam, selecting Properties, then the Local Files tab, and finally the Browse Local Files button.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Since I went to 16:9 monitor, I’ve had issues with AGS games. I do hope they’d add proper support for higher resolutions at some point, though I don’t know how active AGS development is anymore, since it went open source.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

tomimt - 11 July 2014 12:51 PM

Since I went to 16:9 monitor, I’ve had issues with AGS games. I do hope they’d add proper support for higher resolutions at some point, though I don’t know how active AGS development is anymore, since it went open source.

People are working on resolutions in AGS still, it’s actually quite an active area of development.  I have a friend who is working with it a lot, actually - so we may see some significant developments in it over the next year.

Bt

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top