• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Intro Animation for my forth-coming Game.

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Dear All,
I would like to take this opportunity to share with you the intro animation for my forth-coming adventure game. It is an intriguing, dark-humoured murder mystery, full of intrigue, dark-humour, murder and mystery. It’s due out in October if I pull my socks up and get on with it.

Hope you like it. Please let me know what you think!

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

THat looks interesting. Do you have a website where we can find more information?

Also, this thread belongs in the Adventure section where it will find a bigger audience. Can a mod move it please?

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Hello and thank you

My website is being updated as we speak, so will look much nicer soon!
http://bertramfiddle.com/

and I didn’t want to be too forward and post in the Adventure Games Forum with my own game! (I’m rather shy, you see)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

There’s something Professor Layton-y about those graphics, and the concept makes me think Jack the Ripper / Sweeney Todd. Also: yay for those creepy twins in the trailer… Tongue

Looks interesting! Thumbs Up

Oh, and like tsa said: this really belongs in the Adventure section, so I’ll move it.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Thank you.

The game is heavily inspired by Victorian Novels, Jack the Ripper, Hammer Horror etc…
It’s our first attempt at making a game (we are a small animation company) so its all very exciting and a massive learning curve for us.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Very lovely style, I can say I’m very intrigued. Though me potentially getting this depends on are you going to release other platforms besides iPad. I’m an Android man myself, when it comes to tablets.

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Its all being built in Unity so will available on as many platforms as we can. Definitely planning on releasing on Android (and hopefully at the same time) but as it’s our first game we didn’t want to over-promise and then fail to deliver.

We have tested on a few Android devices and it has worked, so it might be ok!

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Great to hear. I’m looking forward for this then Grin

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Great, looks unique even though it tackles such a familiar setting. I can’t quite hear the music due to mixing sounds, but that kick drum is interestingly in an unusual synch in a waltz 3/4 rhythm Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Will it be a commercial game or freeware?

I love the style of what you show in the movie. And one of my hobbies is everything Victorian British so I will certainly keep an eye on this.

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Thank you.
We’re planning on releasing commercially.

Ideally we’d like to make a series of games but will have to see how this one does first!

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Hello again.

The game is slowly all coming together. We now need to start marketing it… yet another thing we need to learn about!

We were thinking of releasing some scenes like this one over the coming months to help pique interest, but we obviously don’t want to give away puzzles or too much story.

Any thoughts or ideas are most welcome!

Thank you, Bertram

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Voice acting sounds good, and animations look great.

Is it possible to make a small section of the game into a workable demo? I think that’d garner more interest than just a few snippets of scenes…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I have to say I love this.  Love the art direction, love the character design, love the music, love the animation…. everything about this is amazing.  I can’t wait to purchase the full game.

Bt

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I dig the art style as well. It looks fun and original. The voice acting sounds pretty decent as well. It would be great to see actual game play and how you interact with the world.

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Thank you everybody

We are going to do a gameplay video soon, but don’t want to give away any solutions. Showing interactions seemed like good way of getting across the atmosphere of the game without doing that…If you were to see a clip that did give away bits of a puzzle would it bother you?
Obviously we have to make the video as enticing as possible…so it’s just choosing which bits sum up the mood and humour and to show more gameplay

Huzzah!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top