• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445nouramrfouad94

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

LANCELOT’S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol-filled night to lose it.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2013-12-01

PM

LANCELOT’S HANGOVER
A whole life to find the Holy Grail
One alcohol-filled night to lose it

Lancelot’s first beta is available!

Free! 20-minute-long!
Including knights in underwear!

http://www.lancelotshangover.com/point-and-click-adventure-video-game/download

This first beta shows you the humour, the dialogs, the main characters and the graphical style of the game. A later beta, scheduled for October 2014, will introduce you the funny puzzles and the point-and-click gameplay.

Don’t be shy, mate: click on the screenshots to see them bigger!

Hi everyone Smile

I’m from Belgium and I’m designing a funny and old-school point and click adventure game for PC and Mac.

Here’s the pitch:
After a 10-year quest, Lancelot and his fellow Gawain have found the Holy Grail! Immediately informed, King Arthur runs to meet the most valiant knights of the Round Table. While their king brings them fortune and fame, Lancelot and Gawain celebrate their victory over a few beers. The next morning, Lancelot wakes up in his underwear in a gay bar. The keeper tells him that he has lost the Holy Grail playing cards and Gawain has been kidnapped by environmental activists. If he does not want to be killed by Arthur, Lancelot has to get back the Grail and his companion in arms before the king of Britain discovers what happened.

I’ve started this thread on the AdventureGamers forum to introduce you the game’s developpement. I will be extremely glad to get your comments, advices and suggestions. My goal is to provide you the funniest point and click I can.

If you have questions about the sorywriting, the making of the artworks, the code stuff, the list of all psychoactive drugs consumed to craft the puzzles and the ‘creative’ businness plan behind the game financing (and yes, all the rumours about the offshore accounts and the ties with the Russian mafia you read on the Internet are true!), feel from to drop me a comment. I’ll make my best to reply the most sincerely I can.

If you want to test the game, a beta is coming very soon. I’ll give a download link on this forum. Or if it’s handier for you, I’ll tweet the link on @Lancelot_game

Thanks Smile

Jean-Baptiste

Very Important (although boring) Legal Stuff

The European Commercial Court of Justice (ECCJ), held on 8th February 2014 in Brussels (Belgium), stated that:

* The author of the video game called “Lancelot’s Hangover” is no more allowed to include in his playful-oriented computer program any puzzles that can be solved in a logical manner. The player, to progress through the game, must always use, one by one, all the objects in the inventory on all the different objects and characters within the game (and if possible, several times). In addition, only websites in Serbo-Croatian language will be willing to publish a text walkthrough (which must first be encrypted using the SHA-512 algorithm).

* The author of the video game “Lancelot’s Hangover” will also break any contacts with North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un by 23th June 2014 and will provide a urine sample, every Tuesday morning, at The European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice (CEPEJ) until 1st January 2017 inclusive.

LANCELOT’S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to lose it.
Download free beta /// Video trailer /// Twitter /// Website

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The Hangover meets Monty Python and the Holy Grail… Cool

I like your sense of humour and the trailer made me LOL. Looks interesting! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I dig the art style, but the premise sounds rather dumb and postmodern, like those Adult Swim toons. Sorry. I’d like to see a more solid adventure game made in this wacky style.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2013-12-01

PM

Thanks TimovieMan Smile The Hangover meets Monty Python and the Holy Grail Spam : that’s so flattering man!

Thanks Doom: you made a very interresting remark! Smile I tried edit the trailer to be the most fastforward and quick. Adventure game are quite contemplative (that’s why we love them) so the in-game action will be more like classic solid adventure game. When the beta will be ready, feel free to test it and tell me what yout think. I would be glad to know what you feel about Smile

LANCELOT’S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to lose it.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

declerfayt - 28 May 2014 08:17 AM

Thanks, I’d love to Smile I just wanted to make sure those cool authentic graphics wouldn’t be wasted on some simple comedy.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2013-12-01

PM

We’ll see with the beta Doom Grin

Joined 2013-12-01

PM

If some of you understand Russian, a Lancelot fan have written a so kind article about the game on QuestZone: http://questzone.ru/news/EupEFuFkpVDwDgMYso

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2014-05-20

PM

This is Awesome!
I mean it- it’s awesome!

Joined 2013-12-01

PM

Thanks so much lrateke Smile

Look forward to see more about Clown’Secret - I love the graphics! What engine do you use?

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2014-05-20

PM

Hi Declerfayt,
We are making with Unity - our go is to release on most platform possible. All the drawings are being done on Adobe Illustrator with a little touch of Photoshop on some of them.
Along the year on our development blog we will post details about all that- how we are creating on Unity- how we are making the drawings, the animations and so forth.

Thanks for liking the project- and let’s keep in touch!

Joined 2013-12-01

PM

Sure will keep in touch man! Smile Your project seems pretty exciting!

Joined 2013-12-01

PM

Lancelot’s first beta is available!

Free! 20-minute-long!
Including knights in underwear!

http://www.lancelotshangover.com/point-and-click-adventure-video-game/download

The very first playable beta of Lancelot’s Hangover is available! It’s 32.7 megabytes of medieval fun, including 20 minutes of gameplay and incredible 256-color VGA graphics in 1080p for later-than-1995-Pentium users! And it’s free!

This first beta shows you the humour, the dialogs, the main characters and the graphical style of the game. A later beta, scheduled for October 2014, will introduce you the funny puzzles and the point-and-click gameplay.

All bug reports, suggestions, comments are welome! Don’t be shy! I will be glad to hear from you!  Laughing

Total Posts: 229

Joined 2006-03-25

PM

Doom - 28 May 2014 12:58 PM
declerfayt - 28 May 2014 08:17 AM

Thanks, I’d love to Smile I just wanted to make sure those cool authentic graphics wouldn’t be wasted on some simple comedy.

If you don’t want a comedy game, don’t get a comedy game. Telling someone who is developing a comedy game to make it serious makes absolutely zero sense and is stifling to creativity. There are a million games out there to choose from, not everything is going to be catered to your personality.

Joined 2013-12-01

PM

The whole storyboard of Lancelot’s Hangover is finally finished!

Everthing is on the walls: the puzzles, the story, the cutscenes, the characters. All I need to do now is finishing all the drawings, wire the whole thing in the game engine, make a bit of code - and the game is done! Smile

As a bonus, here’s some brand new drawings from the game!

Click to enlarge the pics Smile

Joined 2013-12-01

PM

Greenlight !!! Yes !!! Wink

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340704190

Joined 2013-12-01

PM

New free beta!

Hi everyone Smile It’s been a long time!

Just a quick post to announce Lancelot’s new free beta! Thanks to all your suggestions, advice and feedback, the game had changed a lot! No more prologue, you go straight into action! More gameplay! More puzzles! But still the very same humour and political incorrectness Smile

Watch the new 50-sec trailer: www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UzO3Sy73kw

If you’re curious, the download (120 Mb) stands here: www.lancelotshangover.com

Of course, all your suggestions, advice and feedback (good or bad) are again warmly welcomed and, as you can notice, I do use them a lot to improve the game’s experience!

All the best! Smile

Jean-Baptiste (Belgium)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top