• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The big “Tesla Effect” puzzle help thread

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2005-10-05

PM

Does anyone have savegames from after the whole deal with the guards at Senet? I hate the whole sneaking around thing and I keep dying, which is making this game more frustrating than it’s worth. This is exactly the same as when that alien kept killing me in The Pandora Directive..

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

spock84 - 10 May 2014 11:34 AM

Does anyone have savegames from after the whole deal with the guards at Senet? I hate the whole sneaking around thing and I keep dying, which is making this game more frustrating than it’s worth. This is exactly the same as when that alien kept killing me in The Pandora Directive..

The only problem with that is somebody else’s save game will have used different answers to the ones you’ve used so your whole game will change.
(and I haven’t gotten anywhere near to there so can’t help anyway).

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

I’m STUCK in chapter 9. Need help. Only read if you have finished the game.

Chapter 9, Power Routing Station puzzle, Gamer Mode. Can someone please explain how to solve this/post a video for this puzzle? I get it that I need to match the colors in the left columns, however I don’t seem to get the thought process to properly solve it I know what the different sequences should be, but I can’t execute it, since the color order is changing all the time, when I play around with the buttons. Which order should I press the different buttons?

I’m going NUTS, I’m almost ready to throw my computer out of the window for this puzzle. The game is awesome, but I hate this puzzle. Weird considering since all other puzzles have been too easy to solve. Many thanks in advance.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

@UruBoo

haha. I just posted the same question as well, at the same time as you did. Smile Fu*k I have that puzzle. Been trying to solve it for 3 hours now!!!!!!

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Niclas - 10 May 2014 11:53 PM

@UruBoo

haha. I just posted the same question as well, at the same time as you did. Smile Fu*k I have that puzzle. Been trying to solve it for 3 hours now!!!!!!

If I recall, the trick is that the up/down buttons shift different columns, not the same one back and forth. So you have to figure out the right combo for each individual row and then line that up.

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Frogacuda - 11 May 2014 12:38 AM
Niclas - 10 May 2014 11:53 PM

@UruBoo

If I recall, the trick is that the up/down buttons shift different columns, not the same one back and forth. So you have to figure out the right combo for each individual row and then line that up.

thanks, but I already know what the color combinations should be by doing trial and error. the problem is actually completing all the correct combinations, since fiddling with the buttons will change the color combination somewhere else. It is not possible to change color sequence, then move to the next row without ruining the combination in the row row above or below, and so on. I’m about to give up now, so tired of the “logic” in this puzzle. Frown

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I know how it works. The problem is: Is there anywhere in the game a clue of what the combination of color must be set? If not, this puzzle is all resort to “trial-and-error”? If that is the case, it could take “AGES” to solve it, or just be lucky.

Edit: as Niclas and I seam to be at the same “timing”... the problem is that if the solution of this puzzle is just “trial-and-error”, then I give up. If there is a “logic” in it, I just want to know “what” and “where” it is.

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Got it! Niclas, I figure it out. It has logic and it is very simple but takes time: You have to pay attention on which row the color lights up on the right (satellite) column. Mark the row and keep changing colors on the left column and making them go up or down and check the row on the right when they light up. Mark the colors for the row and keep changing the up and down sets. Eventually, you will line up all the correct colors.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

I’m also stuck on Day 9. I already reset the auxiliary power for the satellite, but when I go back to the satellite it still tells me “I need to find the auxiliary power station and reset it”. I went back to the bee hive but there’s nothing there, just a green screen telling me the power is operational.

When I check the in-game help it tells me to pick up the printout of the spirit radio frequencies but I don’t see that item anywhere. It won’t let me return to Chandler Ave either.

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

AstroChicken - 11 May 2014 01:55 AM

I’m also stuck on Day 9. I already reset the auxiliary power for the satellite, but when I go back to the satellite it still tells me “I need to find the auxiliary power station and reset it”. I went back to the bee hive but there’s nothing there, just a green screen telling me the power is operational.

When I check the in-game help it tells me to pick up the printout of the spirit radio frequencies but I don’t see that item anywhere. It won’t let me return to Chandler Ave either.

What do you mean “there’s nothing in the bee hive”? Did you use the mech to open up the door for you? After that, just extinguish the fire and you will be at the puzzle me and Niclas are in.

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

UruBoo - 11 May 2014 01:53 AM

Got it! Niclas, I figure it out. It has logic and it is very simple but takes time: You have to pay attention on which row the color lights up on the right (satellite) column. Mark the row and keep changing colors on the left column and making them go up or down and check the row on the right when they light up. Mark the colors for the row and keep changing the up and down sets. Eventually, you will line up all the correct colors.

I manged to figure out the correct color matches by trial and error, and I wrote them down. The real issue for me is when I’m trying do do all the correct color combos for each row, changes are made in another row, without me understanding how to control it.(when going up and down, changing color, the colors are changing in another row, I can’t “lock” one rows color choice) Is there a particular order that I need to do this? Is there some kind of order I should change the rows color? Do I start with changing the upper or lower rows first? Etc Please help.

Man, this is one of the most stupid and irritating puzzles that I have ever encountered. Not a big fan of puzzles like this!

Please any advise?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Niclas - 11 May 2014 03:49 AM

Man, this is one of the most stupid and irritating puzzles that I have ever encountered. Not a big fan of puzzles like this!

Please any advise?

It is actually quite simple, you just have [spoiler]to work with the columns instead of the rows. To the left side you have two columns of colours, and you have an up and down arrow, the up arrow rotates the left column one place up and the down arrow rotates the right column one place down (or perhaps it is the opposite). Similar you have a left arrow that changes the colour of the bottom left piece and a right arrow that changes the bottom right piece.[/spoiler]

So all you have to do is use a bit of trial and error to work out what the right combinations are. Then use the up and left button to arrange the colours on the left column in that order, and the down and right button to arrange the right column.

All this is actually explained in-game using the “?” button, though not in as much detail as I just did.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Iznogood - 11 May 2014 04:54 AM
Niclas - 11 May 2014 03:49 AM

Please any advise?

It is actually quite simple, you just have [spoiler]to work with the columns instead of the rows. To the left side you have two columns of colours, and you have an up and down arrow, the up arrow rotates the left column one place up and the down arrow rotates the right column one place down (or perhaps it is the opposite). Similar you have a left arrow that changes the colour of the bottom left piece and a right arrow that changes the bottom right piece.[/spoiler]

So all you have to do is use a bit of trial and error to work out what the right combinations are. Then use the up and left button to arrange the colours on the left column in that order, and the down and right button to arrange the right column.

All this is actually explained in-game using the “?” button, though not in as much detail as I just did.

thanks for all of you guys advise for this puzzle. However, I seem to be too stupid to get it, I don’t know why it does not work for me. Does anyone have a save file just after finishing this puzzle?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m stuck in need a little help - day 5 and its HOGs is seriously getting on my nerves -

In Sessen I have to get the 7 symbols pieces to open the door, I what have them all except the one at the bottom of the well, I have a rope but probably need another object to combine. Any pointers?

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

wilco - 11 May 2014 06:27 AM

I’m stuck in need a little help - day 5 and its HOGs is seriously getting on my nerves -

In Sessen I have to get the 7 symbols pieces to open the door, I what have them all except the one at the bottom of the well, I have a rope but probably need another object to combine. Any pointers?

I also had problems with this. There is a hook lying on one of the statues when you enter the castle. Very easy to miss this item. Smile Use the hook on the rope

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Niclas - 11 May 2014 06:29 AM
wilco - 11 May 2014 06:27 AM

I also had problems with this. There is a hook lying on one of the statues when you enter the castle. Very easy to miss this item. Smile Use the hook on the rope

Thanks. I searched everywhere Smile
Back to the game!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top