• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

POLL: Who is your least-liked protagonist?

Poll: Who is your least-liked protagonist?
Total Votes: 75
Malachi (Moebius)
Al Emmo
Rufus (Deponia)
Sadwick (Whispered World)
Samuel (Black Mirror)
Roger Samms (Bad Mojo)
Tex on the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Gabriel Knight
Tony Tough
Larry
As-sayf (Legend of the Prophet and the Assassin)
Other

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

Karlok - 20 April 2014 11:22 AM

*Well, I always hated Kate Walker but I realize I’m the only one.

Kate Walker tops the list for me by miles.
Next would be that guy from Nibiru. Did the most appaling things but it seemed the game wanted me to like him. I constantly found myself siding with his opponents.

I had no problem with most that are mentioned, like Al Emmo and Sedgewick.
Haven’t played Deponia or Moebius yet though.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

wilco - 20 April 2014 06:26 PM

El Ammo?? sounds like a cool name for a Mexican gunslinger Smile (I’ve seen this before)

I can’t imagine where Tongue

I think my least liked the only protagonist I have ever outright hated is Darren Michaels aka Adrian Gordon in Black Mirror II, not only is he an obnoxious little brat, but he is also incredibly stupid and keeps digging himself into more and more trouble long after it is blindingly obvious for everybody and their dog, that this is exactly what he is doing. And there is nothing worse than when a game forces you to do something that is exactly the opposite to what you actually want to do.

But otherwise I don’t normally mind if the protagonist is not the most likeable character in the world, in fact a un-likeable protagonist can often work better than someone everybody adores.

And just to set the record straight: Tex as not a real bastard on BBD in the Pandora Directive, he just had a bad day!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Poor Al Emmo. He doesn’t deserve 11 votes. He has his dignity where Larry is way more pathetic and shameless.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 20 April 2014 05:49 PM

“Everything!!” with Gary Oldman’ voice

Performed like this?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 20 April 2014 11:37 PM
Advie - 20 April 2014 05:49 PM

“Everything!!” with Gary Oldman’ voice

Performed like this?

Exactly! , and remember, 1st rule about Adventuregamers you don’t talk about adventure games .

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Karlok - 20 April 2014 11:22 AM

I tried to find arrogant, obnoxious, whining, immature female protagonists and failed.*  Cry Any suggestions?

Nina from the Secret Files games should be a strong contender.
Also, Max from the same games isn’t any better. May I remind everyone of the “lemon incident”? Wink

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2005-01-25

PM

Igor in Igor: Objective Uikokahonia.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I dislike the whiny-voiced characters…
Tony Tough in Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths
Al Emmo
Sadwick in the English version of Whispered World (the German version has a great voice and is not whiny)

Maybe none of these characters are whiny in the non-English versions, but for some reason they go for cartoony whininess in the English version—and it really grates when that’s your character’s voice for the whole game. I’d really rather play the game in a language I’m not fluent in and use English subtitles, but that’s rarely an option.

I voted for Al Emmo because I think the English version may be the only version.
Tony Tough is OK in German and the German Sadwick is great (actually sounds like a boy Sadwick’s age might sound).

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Rufus was tolerable for the first 10 minutes of Deponia. After that and especially in the sequels he got exponentially more unlikeable - and no, not in the way the game wanted you to dislike him. Part of it wasn’t the character’s fault, but the amount of pointless dialogue in the game which made you wanted to skip through it.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Uh, now I demand a game with a protagonist named “El Ammo”.  Like, tomorrow. Someone get on The Adventure of El Ammo STAT.

Bt

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I really liked rufus. By the third game he was pretty much a satire of himself. I have mixed feelings about how the series ended… but i really enjoyed all 3 games… thanks to that man.. they call him ruuuufuuuuuuus Wink

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I really like Rufus too. Smile His English voice is fine, his German voice is better.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Al Emmo is one of the few characters that has managed to rub me in the wrong way in every way imaginable. It’s like they took everything that was nicely annoying about Larry Laffer, cranked it to the max and poured out a character that rivals with Larry Lovage.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

You can say whatever you like about Al Emmo (I may even agee on some points), but his character changed, he got his dignity back. Larry and character development? Haha! His conversations in Reloaded dropped to an appalling level. I seriously considered quitting when I had to sit through the exchange with the equally sad hooker.

Total Posts: 161

Joined 2007-09-11

PM

Has there been poll about most liked protagonist? I am too lazy to make one myself.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top