• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

“Dead Synchronicity” - now on Kickstarter! Demo available!

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

It’s so close. The final countdown approaches.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

They made it. This promises to be an interesting one to follow…

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Iznogood - 10 April 2014 09:36 AM

The problem it seem is that it hasn’t got any big names behind it, that seems to be more important than the actual game or campaign when it comes to getting people to open their wallet. I’m constantly surprised of games that doesn’t make it, even when they seem to be doing everything correctly.

Still with only 7k to the target and 54 hours left, I’m confident that it will make it.

Yes, big names still seems to be a big deal in kickstarter which is unfair por projects like this one and the Waldemar game (but king of undestandable)

Still, Fictiorama made it with still 24h for the first stretch goal. Congrats

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

Can someone please explain to me how this game project will make do with this amount, while other adventure games with much more have struggled to finish?

How much should it cost to make a full, basic (doesn’t have to have the most amazing visual effects) adventure game? And all the animation has to be finished. 

I like seeing these lower budget Kickstarter adventure games that still look cool. Hope this continues! Happy to see this get funded.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

OrionO - 12 April 2014 01:04 AM

Can someone please explain to me how this game project will make do with this amount, while other adventure games with much more have struggled to finish?

those struggling to finish usually didnt have a great plan, mis-managed their reward calculations, in some cases didnt even really have a developer in place, or had to outsource most of their talent in deals that were far from done at the time of the kickstarter. More money cant guarentee you better planning.
Kickstarters for projects that already have the game well in progress at the time of funding tend to produce more satisfying results.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2006-09-17

PM

I suspect they’re paying their own living expenses through other income rather than being on a salary. 3 of the 4 are founding members, so they’d likely be in it for the fun of it and a long term stake in the company instead. This would remove the single biggest cost a studio usually has.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2013-10-31

PM

xlynx - 12 April 2014 02:32 AM

I suspect they’re paying their own living expenses through other income rather than being on a salary. 3 of the 4 are founding members, so they’d likely be in it for the fun of it and a long term stake in the company instead. This would remove the single biggest cost a studio usually has.

YES, WE MADE IT! THE WHOLE “DEAD SYNCHRONICITY” COMMUNITY MADE IT!

Thanks so much to everyone who supported us, one way or another! Grin

Accurate answer, @xlynx! We try to keep our expenses as low as possible!

Besides, we need the funds to finish the game, a part of the work has already been done.

By the way… we are broadcasting the las hours of our Kickstarter campaign!

http://es-es.twitch.tv/fictiorama

You can pass by and say hello! Grin

Cheers!

www.fictiorama.com

@deadsynchro

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

If you don’t mind my asking, approximately what kind of total budget does your game have? I am trying to understand what a modest but adequate budget would be for such an adventure game?

When choosing whether to back something, I can never tell if the budget looks realistic or not.

Joined 2013-10-31

PM

OrionO - 13 April 2014 04:41 AM

If you don’t mind my asking, approximately what kind of total budget does your game have? I am trying to understand what a modest but adequate budget would be for such an adventure game?

When choosing whether to back something, I can never tell if the budget looks realistic or not.

Hey, Orion!

Well, it’s a hard question, as there are as many different projects… as there are different budgets!

In our case, we already invested in equipment, in developing the workflow in Unity, in starting the company, writing the story… and our goal is to finish the game in up to 8-9 months (2014), which requires full-time work for the four of us. In fact, we’ve been working full time on the project for more than 5 months now.

So, our budget has nothing to do with the budget required for an one-man team working overnights in their project… for years! Or with the budget of a big company with dozens of people working on a project simultaneously.

Cheers!

Luis

www.fictiorama.com

@deadsynchro

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

Luis,

Thank you for putting it into perspective. The hard work you’ve put in so far was definitely evident in the excellent demo and what else you showed off during the Kickstarter.

We are looking forward to a successful launch!

Joined 2013-10-31

PM

Hi mates!

We are really happy to announce Daedalic Entertainment will publish Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow comes Today!

http://www.deadsynchronicity.com/blog/fictiorama-daedalic-perfect-synchronicity/

Now the game will feature full English and German professional voice over, and texts in Spanish, English, German, French, Italian and RussianGrin

Cheers!

www.fictiorama.com

@deadsynchro

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Fictiorama Studios - 23 October 2014 11:21 AM

Hi mates!

We are really happy to announce Daedalic Entertainment will publish Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow comes Today!

http://www.deadsynchronicity.com/blog/fictiorama-daedalic-perfect-synchronicity/

Now the game will feature full English and German professional voice over, and texts in Spanish, English, German, French, Italian and RussianGrin

Cheers!

excuse my question if it sounds a little odd, but how does it work with a company like Daedalic, I mean; did they walk any distance for this agreement to happen? or was it you guys who started it, made an offer for them about project and so they agreed on publishing it, or could it be something like 50/50 walking into each other directions Smile

Joined 2013-10-31

PM

Advie - 23 October 2014 01:12 PM
Fictiorama Studios - 23 October 2014 11:21 AM

Hi mates!

Cheers!

excuse my question if it sounds a little odd, but how does it work with a company like Daedalic, I mean; did they walk any distance for this agreement to happen? or was it you guys who started it, made an offer for them about project and so they agreed on publishing it, or could it be something like 50/50 walking into each other directions Smile

Hey @Advie!

We guess every case is different. In our case, the Kickstarter campaign made possible that more people knew about the project, so some companies showed interest in it. Regarding Daedalic, it was more a 50/50 thing: we love their games, they liked our project, so it was quite easy to start talking…

Cheers!

www.fictiorama.com

@deadsynchro

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thanks Luis for your answer

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I am super stuck in the beta.. If anyone else who’s played it wants to pm me and give me a hint, that would be cool Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top