• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #27: Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Iznogood - 10 March 2014 01:09 AM

Edit: If you want to make sure you follow a certain “path” and get a specific ending then you can follow this guide that Wilco also posted a link to earlier, but I recommend you don’t read it.

Also, if you want to know what path you’re on at any time (and if playing for the first time I definitely suggest you ignore this and play naturally) then:

at nearly every screen if type jky it will tell you where you are

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Becky - 11 March 2014 01:09 PM

I loved the bit with the ex-wife’s photo.

Also:

I guess we now know why Tex is called Tex - Well at least he wasn’t named after the dog Tongue

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Also, if you take a look at the hole in the ceiling he’s suspended from after the accident, it’s shaped like the state of Texas. At least, that’s what it looked like to me.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I also liked Tex’s comment about the water cooler (It’s an UaKM reference)!!

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I don’t see a whole lot of players yet. And I’m one of them. I won’t be able to start until Thursday. I’m hoping episode one is really short so I won’t be in perpetual catch up mode.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Becky - 11 March 2014 05:30 PM

Also, if you take a look at the hole in the ceiling he’s suspended from after the accident, it’s shaped like the state of Texas. At least, that’s what it looked like to me.

HA! I have never noticed that before, now it all makes more sense.

Well I guess this was bound to happen sooner or later!
Good old Tex has finally ran out of luck, his shady past has caught up with him and it is time to pay the price

for all the items we bought in The Electronics Shop during the case in Under a Killing Moon Grin

Jabod - 11 March 2014 03:18 PM

And I don’t like nasty Tex. It’s not like him and it’s also not like me either. I’ve upset Rook, Chelsee, Clint, Zack and Nilo ( Thumbs Up ). I don’t think it’s possible to upset Louie Smile

I must admit I found it quite amusing to constantly put my foot in my mouth and say all the wrong things to Chelsee Wink, Nilo is a first rate sleazebag that deserves it, Zack is tough as a nail and couldn’t care less, Crazy Gary will forgive anything as long as we get him a bottle of single malt and Clint and Rook can give as good as they get.

But LOUIE?!?
No matter how much I have decided to play, then I would never be able to be anything but friendly to Louie and immediately give him the money I own him.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

rtrooney - 11 March 2014 08:41 PM

I don’t see a whole lot of players yet. And I’m one of them. I won’t be able to start until Thursday. I’m hoping episode one is really short so I won’t be in perpetual catch up mode.

After watching the introductory videos it is perfectly possible to be at the start of Day 2 in about 10/15 minutes. There will still be things to do and people to talk to around Chandler Avenue so you can progress the game but, at best, I’d say it’s only about an hour of play time. There’s no actual puzzles to solve to hold you up just dialogue to work through. And this can be fun as it’s all pretty well written.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

Eh, I already spent a lot of time trying to solve the crossword puzzle And I haven’t even explored the sewers yet. Wink

Iznogood - 10 March 2014 02:08 AM

Not me, and I am no expert on dosbox, but I did find this on the GOG forum which sounds (no pun intended) like a similar problem.

Yes,‘those are the settings I’ve been tinkering with. The suggested settings didn’t work for me, but by experimenting I now have the noise down to an acceptable level.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

How Tex got his name…
After his electrical horse threw him,

this was the shape of the hole he made in the ceiling…

Compare with the shape of the state of Texas, as shown at Wikipedia and other places.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Texas_in_United_States.svg

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

It never occurred to me that that joke was in any way subtle except to someone from outside of the US.

I do wonder if we’ll ever see more of Tex’s siblings, or at least learn about them.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Jabod - 12 March 2014 08:13 AM
rtrooney - 11 March 2014 08:41 PM

After watching the introductory videos it is perfectly possible to be at the start of Day 2 in about 10/15 minutes. There will still be things to do and people to talk to around Chandler Avenue so you can progress the game but, at best, I’d say it’s only about an hour of play time. There’s no actual puzzles to solve to hold you up just dialogue to work through. And this can be fun as it’s all pretty well written.

Or a couple of hours depending on how much time you spend clicking on everything to hear Tex’s often funny comments.

HandsFree - 12 March 2014 10:27 AM

Eh, I already spent a lot of time trying to solve the crossword puzzle And I haven’t even explored the sewers yet. Wink

I must admit that this time I used a walkthrough to solve the crossword Confused Pan (Only available at GP mode), I was simply not in the mood for crossword puzzles in a foreign language.

Iznogood - 10 March 2014 02:08 AM

Not me, and I am no expert on dosbox, but I did find this on the GOG forum which sounds (no pun intended) like a similar problem.

Yes,‘those are the settings I’ve been tinkering with. The suggested settings didn’t work for me, but by experimenting I now have the noise down to an acceptable level.

Actually after reading your comment about the noise, then I suddenly also started noticing it. I guess I had just ignored it until now, and if you hadn’t mentioned it then I would just have continued to do so, but now it is starting to annoy me. Now if I can just get back to that happy place where I could ignore it Wink

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Iznogood - 12 March 2014 02:21 PM

I must admit that this time I used a walkthrough to solve the crossword Confused Pan (Only available at GP mode), I was simply not in the mood for crossword puzzles in a foreign language.

Anyone solved it without a walkthrough? When I played I think I only managed to put one or two words in it or something… Smile

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

wilco - 12 March 2014 02:33 PM

Anyone solved it without a walkthrough? When I played I think I only managed to put one or two words in it or something… Smile

On a previous playthrough I had some help from someone who loves crosswords and an English thesaurus.

Btw: have anyone noticed this painting:

I don’t know what I find more disturbing, the picture itself or the fact that it is one of Tex’s favourite

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

wilco - 12 March 2014 02:33 PM

Never had a problem with the crossword but I’ve always been good at them - cryptic or otherwise. [spoiler]Mayan calendars on the other hand [/spoiler]

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Jabod - 12 March 2014 08:13 AM

Or a couple of hours depending on how much time you spend clicking on everything to hear Tex’s often funny comments.

I wasn’t actually advocating doing that, just saying it was possible to hit the start of day 2 quite quickly if you’re trying to catch up but you’d really have to fluke it if you hadn’t played the game before. And I totally agree about clicking on everything for the comments. Probably only Edna & Harvey: The Breakout has done anything like that quite as well since.

Life is what it is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top