• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Most romantic adventure game?

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2006-04-22

PM

I want to try and get my partner into adventure gaming, and I know she’s a sucker for romantic movies.

So what do you think is the most romantic adventure game?

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Off the top of my head I’m thinking Grim Fandango has a heavy romantic tone and would probably be a killer one to start with. Or perhaps the original Broken Sword, has some great romantic development between George and Nico.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Chains of Satinav, The Last Express

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Oh hey, another obvious one if she’s willing to go for it, Blade Runner strongly emphasizes the film-noir romanticism of the movie.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

To the Moon is a romantic tearjerker

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2012-08-27

PM

I know you mean relationship ‘romantic’ - and all I can add is the “Runaway” series.

There is another, older definition that involves strong emotional response to a situation or an environment, which is why - when I saw the title of this thread - I thought of games/interactive stories like Syberia 1 & 2, Riven/Myst 3, To the Moon, Dear Esther…

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wasn’t the good ‘ol larry romantic enough ? Tongue

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2008-05-08

PM

King’s Quest VI.

JK, Prince Alexander is the ultimate creepy stalker. I can’t believe she married him after he made a long ocean trip to her without ever having met her and sent her a ring and stuff. Ladies do not like that in real life where they aren’t objects. And no one offered him any new clothes for the wedding a week later, that whole relationship was just really weird.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Good Lord.  You’re in real trouble if you’re looking for romantic advice from a bunch of nerds on an adventure gaming internet forum.

Just because a game has a love interest for its protagonist does NOT make it a romantic adventure game.  Jesus.

The closest one that has been mentioned so far is KQVI, only because it really layers on the sap, and is an ACTUAL romance—it’s really ABOUT the love story, first and foremost.  It’s the primary plot device.  And remember, it’s a fucking fairy tale—it’s not supposed to be logical.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I’d put Broken Sword with George and Nico at the top of the list.

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2014-02-22

PM

I highly recommend Digital: A Love Story

http://scoutshonour.com/digital/

It was written by a girl and completely free and feature really good music along with a really nostalgic game.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’d add Lost Horizon to the others already listed. I think the most romantic-movie-like game I’ve played is Yoomurjak’s Ring—just FYI, it’s FMV with Hungarian actors and English subtitles. It’s also hard to find—I think it’s only available as a download here.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Thought of another one—Ceremony of Innocence.
I don’t know if the gameplay would appeal to everyone, but it might appeal to someone who doesn’t think they like “games.”
I found a review here since AG only has a brief description.

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

Bientot l’ete, if it counts as an adventure game

Plundered Hearts, if you don’t mind interactive fiction

Not so many in the standard adventure repertoire.  National Lampoon’s Blind Date probably comes closest to reality Grin

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2014-01-31

PM

i am getting it just now ... i don’t think i shud not give it a go .. it’ll be fun

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2007-01-17

PM

Never played it but the old dos game “romantic blue” is supposed to be an adventure game & a love story ?

“Set in a remote 19th century village, The Romantic Blue is a love story and adventure game with a horror theme.

It seems the town of ShadowCrest is under the spell of the Evil Sisterhood and its High Priestess Morella. Surrounded by ever-growing graveyards and engulfed in darkness, ShadowCrest’s young girls are bound to serve the High Priestess upon their 18th birthday. All others are captured and enslaved by the order against their will and exist in a zombie-like state.

Despite the fact that love and marriage are forbidden, Miranda, one of the young girls of ShadowCrest, has fallen in love with Jack, who is one of the captives. Her despair grows each night as she listens to him play the piano in the distance. She vows to free him from the clutches of the Evil Sisterhood, but she cannot do this on her own. Having learned dark magic from the gypsies, she summons the player to help her.

Players must search the dark tunnels, foreboding passageways and eerie crypts to find the tools needed to free Jack. At the magic shop or blacksmith’s barn, purchase potions or a weapon with money found while exploring. Dispel ghastly creatures which block the paths. Find many keys to unlock new areas and doors, and solve various other types of puzzles.

Even though the use of weapons is sometimes necessary, the game is an adventure without any action segments. Flashback cutscenes bring the story of misery and terror to life. Spooky background music and creepy sound effects are included to increase the tension and suspense. Word commands are used as part of the interface.

Several plastic spiders, a map, a story book, an instruction manual and several walkthroughs are included in the package.”

can try those nancy drew games or the earlier
Vampire diaries (old game based on the novel , not the tv series)

There’s always the fmv game “McKenzie & Co”.Naughty

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top