• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Zero Escape 3 Now Official! 

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

zane - 14 February 2014 01:43 PM

Apparently according to his twitter: the creator is now taking a close look at kickstarter (and the crowdfund option in general) due to fan demand Smile

That’s awesome.  I figured there’d probably be a big push from the English speaking fans for this.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I know that handheld gaming units are huge in Japan and so are Visual novels and adventure games there too.

So - the low sales of 999/Virtue’s Last Reward shocked me. However, when Ghost Trick was released on iOS it had huge sales and I could see Virtue’s Last Reward doing the same as well so I hope they go multiplatform in a big way.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m noticing this is kind old news but I’ve been out is and I’m really bummed out about this, hopefully everything works out for the best.

I never noticed the game performed so badly in Japan.

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2013-04-25

PM

I don’t think we’re getting #3 anytime soon now. But looks like we might see a new game by him. Not much details as of now: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/10/zero-escape-director-reveals-hes-working-new-title/

Games Played: Ace Attorney (PW 1-3, Apollo Justice, Miles Investigation), Hotel Dusk and Last Window, Professor Layton (Curious Village, Diabolical Box, Unwound Future, Lost Specter), 999 and Zero Escape, Walking Dead S1-2, Trace Memory, Area-X, Time Hollow, Ghost Trick, Indian Jones FoA   Currently Playing: Portal 2, PL - Miracle Mask, Dangan Ronpa

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

To be honest, im not dying for an end to this story… so as long as they find a way to make a similar genre game, i’ll be happy Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

zane - 23 April 2014 05:33 PM

To be honest, im not dying for an end to this story… so as long as they find a way to make a similar genre game, i’ll be happy Smile

Well, I for one would like to know where they’re going with the story (and how a certain character lost his arms for instance). They set up so much, and tried to mindrape me so often, that I’d really like to know how it ends…

On a related note, if you just want a similar genre game, you might be interested in this Kickstarter campaign. It’s not by the devs of Zero Escape, but it does claim to be similar in gameplay to Zero Escape and Phoenix Wright. Has potential, imo. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

TimovieMan - 24 April 2014 02:40 PM
zane - 23 April 2014 05:33 PM

Well, I for one would like to know where they’re going with the story (and how a certain character lost his arms for instance). They set up so much, and tried to mindrape me so often, that I’d really like to know how it ends…

Thats the thing though, im pretty sure the story of the third game is just going to be another collage of mindrape attempts, at the point where i could just fill in the blanks myself “theyr in a volcano, under the ocean, 100,000 years in the past. And the main character isnt who they thought they were, and they really had arms all along because of dimensional physics stuff.”.

On a related note, if you just want a similar genre game, you might be interested in this Kickstarter campaign. It’s not by the devs of Zero Escape, but it does claim to be similar in gameplay to Zero Escape and Phoenix Wright. Has potential, imo. Wink

Hmm yeah id play that. Definitely could use more visual novels with high interaction.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Spike Chunsoft are my favorite developers (was CING, RIP).

Their “Dangaronpa” games are VERY similar to the 999 series. I like them as much, or even better. And they REALLY sell.

So, they could make a sequel using the Dangaronpa engine to save costs, some people liked the artwork in 999 better than “Virtue’s Last Reward” anyway.

Dangaronpa sold over 390,000 copies - MOST of them in Japan.

If Virtue’s Last Reward sold poorly in Japan, it sold poorly.

However, it got great reviews and lots of awards:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/zero-escape-virtues-last-reward

I’d like to see a VLR 3, even as an inexpensive straight to PSN release. Or even as a OVA:

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Will 2015 be the year of Zero Escape 3? Kotaro Uchikoshi (creator) is at the very least teasing something that might very well be it!

“It’s looking like 2015 will be the year where everything I’ve built up over the years will come together and be let out into the world in one fell swoop.”

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/japanese-developer-survey-acquire-returning-consoles-details-coming-kingdom-hearts-iii-pokken

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Good news, hope he is talking about Zero Escape… That series really needs a conclusion.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 27 December 2014 05:51 AM

Will 2015 be the year of Zero Escape 3? Kotaro Uchikoshi (creator) is at the very least teasing something that might very well be it!

“It’s looking like 2015 will be the year where everything I’ve built up over the years will come together and be let out into the world in one fell swoop.”

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/japanese-developer-survey-acquire-returning-consoles-details-coming-kingdom-hearts-iii-pokken

Haha, I like how the developer of Persona went into this long essay on philosophical stuff.  Not surprising from the creator of that series.

Good news though.  Really hoping for a Zero Escape 3.

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2008-01-10

PM

Hmmmm… I want to believe, but i’m keeping my feet grounded Nerd

A couple of other stuff recently that may interest some:

- Uchikoshi has been working on an anime called Punchline, due for April 2015 release - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-27/noitamina-announces-punch-line-original-anime/.81501

- A group of Zero Escape fans are developing a Visual Novel called Adrift in a Cobalt Eternity. They say that 50% profit will go into supporting ZE3. Most surprisingly they’ve said they’ve got Shinji Hosoe (999/VLR composer) onboard -  https://twitter.com/CobaltEternity

edit: oops, spelling mistake corrected

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Trickless - 27 December 2014 12:18 PM

- A group of Zero Escape fans are developing a Visual Novel called A Drift in a Cobalt Eternity. They say that 50% profit will go into supporting ZE3. Most surprisingly they’ve said they’ve got Shinji Hosoe (999/VLR composer) onboard -  https://twitter.com/CobaltEternity

that seems… odd… They seem to have no website? No confirming sources about their staff.. The twitter focuses awfully heavy on talking about musical recruiting.

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2013-04-25

PM

Okay so I admit this is very speculative and wishful thinking, but this has been spreading around among fans: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=994175

Maybe we’ll hear good news soon…?

Games Played: Ace Attorney (PW 1-3, Apollo Justice, Miles Investigation), Hotel Dusk and Last Window, Professor Layton (Curious Village, Diabolical Box, Unwound Future, Lost Specter), 999 and Zero Escape, Walking Dead S1-2, Trace Memory, Area-X, Time Hollow, Ghost Trick, Indian Jones FoA   Currently Playing: Portal 2, PL - Miracle Mask, Dangan Ronpa

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Everything seems to point towards it. It’s only a matter of time at this point (hopefully).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top