• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Game of Thrones - TTG

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The VGx Awards

http://www.spike.com/netstorage/events/vgx/live.html

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Lucien21 - 07 December 2013 07:47 PM

The VGx Awards

http://www.spike.com/netstorage/events/vgx/live.html

Yeah I just found those. So Elijah Wood is doing voice acting for Broken Age. That’s really cool and also kinda funny cause I’ve just come back from watching a Lord of the Rings marathon at my local cinema today.

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Wow just watching the announcement trailer alone gave me goosebumps. Can’t wait. Anticipating this almost as much as the next season.

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Wow. Just switched the VXG back on and the first thing I see is a zombie who very graphivcally gets his ribcage smashed in. At least I know what I won’t be playing next year.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I never played Borderlands, not my cup of tea, but I love Ashly Burch and HAWP (Ashly Burch is the voice of Tiny Tina, and HAWP is a cool show with gaming humour made by her and her brother who wrote Borderlands). If you haven’t seen them, this episode is about adventure games.

Here’s part 2

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

GoT, borderlands, walking dead season 2?
How about episode 2 of TWAU!!
Wink

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Announcement Trailer. Although it show nought.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

From the looks of the trailer they are going towards more realistic approach with GoT. But in any case Telltale is going to be busy, they got some big franchises they’re juggling with.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I switch it off and they show Game of Thrones!

Telltale is doing everything now (too much? we’ll see). I hope the release schedule of the episodes doesn’t suffer, although judging by the delays of Wolf Among Us already I doubt it…

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Dag - 07 December 2013 07:59 PM

I never played Borderlands, not my cup of tea, but I love Ashly Burch and HAWP (Ashly Burch is the voice of Tiny Tina, and HAWP is a cool show with gaming humour made by her and her brother who wrote Borderlands). If you haven’t seen them, this episode is about adventure games.

Here’s part 2

Hmmm didn’t find it all that funny to be honest. Also I kinda hate it that people continually keep talking about Adventure Games as if they are a thing of the past while in fact they never went away. Not to mention they’re on the rise again.

More disconcerting in fact I find that in this video (which i knwo is meant to be funny but still) they talk about Cerebral gaming as a thing of the past. I kinda had the idea that more and more people were looking for a more cerebral experience these days but I guess I was unfortunately mistaken.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

gray pierce - 07 December 2013 08:36 PM

Hmmm didn’t find it all that funny to be honest. Also I kinda hate it that people continually keep talking about Adventure Games as if they are a thing of the past while in fact they never went away. Not to mention they’re on the rise again.

The show gets funnier after some episodes when you get into Ashley’s character’s personality Smile At first they can easily come across like 2 idiots with a camera (that was my impression after the first clip I saw by them). Then again, humour is highly subjective. I, for instance, find it funny that you deny that Ag’s ever went away and, in the same post, claim they are coming back Tongue

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Dag - 07 December 2013 08:54 PM

The show gets funnier after some episodes when you get into Ashley’s character’s personality Smile At first they can easily come across like 2 idiots with a camera (that was my impression after the first clip I saw by them). Then again, humour is highly subjective. I, for instance, find it funny that you deny that Ag’s ever went away and, in the same post, claim they are coming back Tongue

I meant they went underground (but never gone) and are now becoming more mainstream again.

Edit: even underground should be taken with a pinch of salt. I am very much a modern gamer. inplay my first game in 2003. And yet I eassily found my way to the AG genre. So even when they were somewhat less popular they weren’t that hard to find. Which makes statements about them being gone particularly lazy.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

gray pierce - 07 December 2013 08:58 PM

I meant they went underground (but never gone) and are now becoming more mainstream again.

I know, I was only joking Smile (I have bad humour, remember). And it’s good to hear that you actually found your way to AG’s during (what I refer to as) the decline. I was pretty much under the impression that one only learned about new AG releases by looking spesifically for them, atleast that’s been the case for me. Broken Age is the first AG to be mentioned in Norwegian newspapers and gaming press in many, many years, can’t really blame people for thinking they went away.

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Dag - 07 December 2013 09:09 PM
gray pierce - 07 December 2013 08:58 PM

I know, I was only joking Smile And it’s good to hear that you actually found your way to AG’s during (what I refer to as) the decline. I was pretty much under the impression that one only learned about new AG releases by looking spesifically for them, atleast that’s been the case for me. Broken Age is the first AG to be mentioned in Norwegian newspapers and gaming press in many, many years.

Well in all fearness it was sort of by pure luck. I was starting to become interested in videogames but none f the titles I could find in the shops sounded even remotely interesting to me. Untill suddenly I found this really cool looking 2D game at a ridiculously low price at one of the toyshops in my former home town. The description on the back cover immediately grabbed me and I started playing the very same day. The game was called: Broken Sword 2 - The Smoking Mirror. After that I also bought BS1 and 3. But after that I kinda stopped. Because I was really looking for a game where it was all about the story and where you had to use your mind rahter than your motor skills (which are very poor in my case) and the local shops had none such game for sale at the time. It was only about a year later when I finally got internet that I found that there were indeed a lot of games where story came first and that they had a name: adventure games. After that it wasnt hard to find this site and the rest as they say is history. (though admittedly I only joined the forums many years later after having lurked around for several years)

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

gray pierce - 07 December 2013 09:20 PM

The game was called: Broken Sword 2 - The Smoking Mirror.

Nice! What a good find that must have been Grin I allways figured BS2 would be a good game to introduce people to the genre, it’s my favorite in the series. But yeah, though AG’s never completely went away, every single one of my favourite AG developers stopped making AG’s entirely for a very long time, others picked up the mantle, but have struggled to reproduce the same level of quality, imo. Until now.

Hmmm didn’t find it all that funny to be honest.

You gotta admit this one is a tiny bit funny Grin

Sry for being OT, carry on! Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top