• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Maps in adventure games

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

A game without a beautiful 2D hand-drawn map (preferably with 2 levels of scale) is not an adventure game in essence.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

I love naps Grin Just, in general. I think most games handle maps pretty well. I think unless there’s a need for a sense of mystery (like, say, Grim Fandango - you’re not supposed to exactly know the world), a map can only enhance the immersion and experience. Now, it doesn’t have to be a map you use to move around, mind you. Just that on occasion you can look at a map and see where you/things are.

Now, what is very under-utilized and a big need for (and many fresh, original puzzles to be found), is map puzzles! Those are just fantastic, yet off the top of my head I can only name two (both by Jane Jensen, the first one the best AG puzzle ever made).

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I like cloth maps.
But I’ve never had one included with an adventure game.
Only certain older RPG’s.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Maps in adventure games can be okay; sometimes they’re great, and sometimes I think they make certain players miss out on part of the experience.  But if the game is large, they can help in many situations.

Bt

Total Posts: 78

Joined 2005-12-09

PM

Would probably still be lost in the streets of Shapeir without the map in Quest For Glory 2.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Is there somewhere complete Quest for Glory world map to be found?

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I like stylized maps like the one you find in the Zelda games, handdrawn ones instead of literal screen-per-screen maps. They are not very repsentative but give a sense of the scope and what is ahead of the adventure instead of spoiling it.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I did a quick search for Map of Gloriana (Quest For Glory) but I didn’t find anything.  It would be cool to see a larger world map to know where these places were in relation to each other.

Bt

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top