• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Telltale new game The Wolf Among Us

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

nomadsoul - 22 July 2014 12:18 PM

Atleast TTG is not destroying Iconic franchises like Thief and Hitman with
see through walls and nerfed gameplay.

For defending TTG disinforming here,new Thief and Hitman gameplay offers optional choices(like an ingame hint system) and quite possible to finish without use them.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gabe - 22 July 2014 03:01 PM
nomadsoul - 22 July 2014 12:18 PM

Atleast TTG is not destroying Iconic franchises like Thief and Hitman with
see through walls and nerfed gameplay.

For defending TTG disinforming here,new Thief and Hitman gameplay offers optional choices(like an ingame hint system) and quite possible to finish without use them.

You can finish them without using your brains too, maybe thats what Devs wanted.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

JBS - 22 July 2014 05:11 AM

This so called game is the latest proof of how video games become just video.

Bogi - 22 July 2014 11:41 AM

My problem is calling them adventure games, and hurting the other creators by setting the standard that dumbs them down to imbecility so they can be bought and enjoyed by as wider market as possible.

Not this again. Knock it off. All of you! Every single thread that’s even remotely related to Telltale had this argument. Enough is enough.
Don’t think they’re games? Then don’t play them. But stop whining here about how they are dumbing down the genre and corrupting other devs. The adventure scene is a lot more than just Telltale. Suggesting otherwise for the umpteenth time will not change that. So STOP IT!

Discuss the latest episode all you want. Just don’t devolve any talk about the gameplay into yet another TTG bashing session. We’ve been over that more than enough already. Go reread some of the earlier stuff if you feel inclined. It’ll be just as productive…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

TimovieMan - 22 July 2014 03:36 PM
JBS - 22 July 2014 05:11 AM

This so called game is the latest proof of how video games become just video.

Bogi - 22 July 2014 11:41 AM

My problem is calling them adventure games, and hurting the other creators by setting the standard that dumbs them down to imbecility so they can be bought and enjoyed by as wider market as possible.

Not this again. Knock it off. All of you! Every single thread that’s even remotely related to Telltale had this argument. Enough is enough.
Don’t think they’re games? Then don’t play them. But stop whining here about how they are dumbing down the genre and corrupting other devs. The adventure scene is a lot more than just Telltale. Suggesting otherwise for the umpteenth time will not change that. So STOP IT!

*claps*

Well said. Can I also add, after playing TWDS2 E4 and the last episode of the wolf among us, it seems to me like they are working on getting more out of the engine. It’s now running really smooth most of the time and TWDS2E4 had a lot more gameplay. I wonder if they’re gearing it up for tales from the borderlands.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

nomadsoul - 22 July 2014 03:36 PM

You can finish them without using your brains too, maybe thats what Devs wanted.

In game hint systems makes games more accessible for newcomers and doesnt mean destroying a franchise at all,if you feel inclined about these options thats your priority.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gabe - 22 July 2014 04:17 PM
nomadsoul - 22 July 2014 03:36 PM

In game hint systems makes games more accessible for newcomers and doesnt mean destroying a franchise at all,if you feel inclined about these options thats your priority.

No, you are misinformed, in of the most unusual cases , SEnix Top CompanyMen actually realized the blunder, though i can break down all the nerfed parts in those games, i would suffice with this for now.

“If you focus too much on the global aspect, you might lose sight of who you’re actually making the game for,” Square Enix president Yosuke Matsuda admitted to Nikkei Trendy [via Siliconera]. “For example, if you look back at 2013, we’ve had some home console games made for a global audience that struggled.”

“The development team for Hitman: Absolution really struggled in this regard,” he elaborated, citing IO Interactive’s decent but somewhat watered-down Hitman effort. “They implemented a vast amount of ‘elements for the mass’ instead of for the core fans, as a way to try getting as many new players possible.

“It was a strategy to gain mass appeal. However, what makes the Hitman series good is its appeal to core gamers, and many fans felt the lack of focus in that regard, which ended up making it struggle in sales.

“So, as for the AAA titles we’re currently developing for series, we basically want to go back to their roots and focus on the core audience, while working hard on content that can have fans say things like ‘this is the Hitman we know’. I believe that is the best way for our development studios to display their strengths.”

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

No need to quoting CEO words,i’ve finished both games without seeing through walls,tagging
or tracking.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Can we *please* get back to talking about The Wolf Among Us?

Thanks.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 22 July 2014 03:40 PM

Well said. Can I also add, after playing TWDS2 E4 and the last episode of the wolf among us, it seems to me like they are working on getting more out of the engine. It’s now running really smooth most of the time and TWDS2E4 had a lot more gameplay. I wonder if they’re gearing it up for tales from the borderlands.

Normally companies go down in quality , but TTG are improving and seems like
getting more grasp on this.
Infact all the previews of BLands sounds like major stepup.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yeah, I read an interview with one of the developers on Kotaku and they’ve said Borderlands will be TWD/TWAU in terms of continuity, so we won’t need to know what happened in the other games which is a good move.

The interviewer also played it and he made it sound like it will be different to the TWD in some aspects.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top