• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GJYDawn322

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Armikrog - The Neverhood developers making a new game

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Frogacuda - 15 April 2013 09:52 AM

But just because I wouldn’t vote for the guy if he ran for office doesn’t mean I won’t buy his game, or that I’m not a fan of his work. I can keep those things separate.

I agree with this.

I have the same issue with one of my favourite writers. Just because Orson Scott Card is a homophobic bigot, doesn’t mean I can’t be a fan of his books and short stories…

You don’t have to like them as people to enjoy their work…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Many of the artists (musicians, actors, painters etc.) I like or used to like turned out to be real pricks, so yeah… you just have to not think about them as persons and enjoy their art Smile

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

But just because I wouldn’t vote for the guy if he ran for office doesn’t mean I won’t buy his game, or that I’m not a fan of his work. I can keep those things separate.

I don’t think i agree with that, at least not completely.

I might still buy his games, but i would never be a Fan of someone with such extreme views, and i would most definitely think twice about supporting any Kickstarters.

If you compare this to big companies, then they put a big effort into maintaining a certain image and having a so-called social profile. They aren’t doing this just because they want to be nice, no they are doing this because they know that a negative image can hurt them big time, that there is a risk that consumers might even boycott them in worse case scenario. 

I don’t really see why artists should be an exemption from these mechanisms, i’m of course not talking about someone who just have a different political view than my own, or someone who makes some “mistakes”, and i am prepared to give artists more leeway then lets say a politician, but someone who is:

He’s also been known to openly mock people for believing in evolution as if the scientists of the world are all gullible morons. He’s basically a bible-thumping far-right-wing conservative who happens to express his views in some extremely obnoxious ways. He’s very Ann Coulter-like, but with a religious bent.

I have to agree with Bastich on this one.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Kickstarter launched, looks bloody awesome Smile

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949537745/armikrog

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Hefty goal but it looks great

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Backed it. Very excited!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 28 May 2013 03:52 PM

Its nothing considering how painstaking it is, specially considering how perfectly
they are nailing it. I hope they make it, cannot afford to miss this.Frown

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

nomadsoul - 28 May 2013 07:45 PM
wilco - 28 May 2013 03:52 PM

Its nothing considering how painstaking it is, specially considering how perfectly
they are nailing it. I hope they make it, cannot afford to miss this.Frown

The goal is still hefty, even if it is justified (and I think it is). I sure hope they make it.

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

Does look very good and I back most Kickstarter adventures but won’t back this one after seeing some of Doug TenNapel’s comments about gay people, which completely offend me.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Stuart - 28 May 2013 11:17 PM

Does look very good and I back most Kickstarter adventures but won’t back this one after seeing some of Doug TenNapel’s comments about gay people, which completely offend me.

What did he say? I would like to know before I think about backing this.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I have totally missed Neverhood, where can I get it? So I know if should back this project up Smile

And about the homophobia or other undesirable characteristics in people: I don’t mind supporting good art even when it’s done by an idiot. But if they use unethical methods or really promote their narrowminded views in their product, then I will have an issue about it. I bet there are tons of stupid and downright bad people in the production of the entertainment I use, so I can’t start a boycott from every rumour I hear. But it’s true, hearing about these does still affect me and makes me less eager to suppor them.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Yeah, so I’ve pledged for the $125 reward before even knowing what the project is or watching the video.

I think I might even go so far as to avoid all information about the game until I have it in my sweaty ecstatic hands.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

thejobloshow - 29 May 2013 03:24 AM

Yeah, so I’ve pledged for the $125 reward before even knowing what the project is or watching the video.

I think I might even go so far as to avoid all information about the game until I have it in my sweaty ecstatic hands.

They made a sweet little introduction animation, you should check it out. It’s like 20 seconds long or so, so I don’t think it’s anything that would spoil the final experience for you, but it’s pretty great.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Zifnab - 29 May 2013 12:53 AM

What did he say? I would like to know before I think about backing this.

TenNapel-0- THere are a lot worse things than not being able to marry your same sex.

he is cool.. i never had a problem with what he said, here.

Edited

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top