• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Is it me or are turn-based games making a comeback this year?

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Jannik - 06 November 2013 08:35 PM

Guido Henkel and his company, G3 Studios, are on Kickstarter with Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore. It’s a first-person RPG with turn-based combat. It looks pretty interesting, IMO.

Guido Henkel was project leader on the first Realms of Arkania, and one of the producers on Planescape: Torment.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/g3studios/deathfire-ruins-of-nethermore

Less than five days left - with a big final push they can still make it.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

BannerSaga is getting great reviews Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 14 January 2014 12:48 PM

BannerSaga is getting great reviews Smile

I can’t handle so many kickstarters released! Can’t wait to try this after Broken Age

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Finished Shadowrun Returns - Dead Man’s Switch campaign yesterday. Like nomadsoul said in a previous post, the writing is very good both in terms of story and dialogues. Coupled with awesome atmosphere the game was very enjoyable. In the end I wanted more. Fortunately for me a DLC has been released by the developer, the Deadfall campaign. Started it immediately. Also the steam workshop shows about 20 user made campaigns.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

shadowrun is incredible! i never knew it back in the snes days but it has captivated me more than any recent adventures ive enjoyed, including the amazing heroine’s quest. the writing is excellent. the music/atmosphere and feel is everything a hi-tech lowlifer could ask for. i also have high hopes for the coming cyberpunk 2077 but i dont know if it can match whats been done with the shadowrun returns.  both dead mans switch campaign and the new dragonfall expansion are just excellent. the snes remake is coming along nicely too, tho its not yet finished

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

They’re gonna be totally different experiences from what I gather.I’m expecting Cyber to be a game like witcher only in a totally different setting.Shadowrun on the other hand was more akin to classic rpgs like Neverwinter only turn based.The only part I will admit to being difficult to reach is the writing.Shadowrun had incredible writing in both campaigns.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Shadowrun has a new kickstarter that was funded in 2 hours
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/shadowrun-hong-kong?ref=nav_search

Seems like when a kickstarter game comes out great the fans will keep supporting it. I like that.

Pillars of Eternity has a release date: 26th March 2015
Can’t wait

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2015-01-28

PM

love it! it gives me so much more pleasure using tactics and planning and my head!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top