• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Moebius

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2012-04-06

PM

Thanks millenia. You saved me a lot of typing ;-) Feel the same and I got a bit annoyed at that previous post to put it mildly Smile Looking forward to Moebius. Jane Jensen have not disappointed me yet. To me her games is all about substance, not looks and those pictures would have to be real ugly to turn me away (not that they are, I like them)

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

And you’re horribly defensive! How is saying I am not excited about a game “horribly” negative? It’s called an opinion and it’s not very often that I criticise an adventure games aesthetics! You can’t compare this artwork to games of the 90’s. Besides, I’m currently playing Primordia and loving it! I never said the artwork was “ugly”, I simply said it looks boring. They just look a bit dull to me, don’t get on the defensive because you can’t handle a negative comment.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

aaroncarney - 23 December 2012 12:14 PM

And you’re horribly defensive! How is saying I am not excited about a game “horribly” negative? It’s called an opinion and it’s not very often that I criticise an adventure games aesthetics! You can’t compare this artwork to games of the 90’s. Besides, I’m currently playing Primordia and loving it! I never said the artwork was “ugly”, I simply said it looks boring. They just look a bit dull to me, don’t get on the defensive because you can’t handle a negative comment.

We really need a pot/kettle icon to be available.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2012-04-06

PM

Of course I can handle negative criticism about something I like. That is not the issue. It is your argument about Gabriel Knight versus everything she has done later I did not like. Anyway I respect your view but answering back with “you can not handle a negative comment” is just sad to me.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

I wasn’t comparing GK to everything she has done, only to Gray Matter. Writers, directors, game designers are always gonna be compared to their earlier works. It’s inevitable and I actually dont see any wrong in comparing! I am not one of those fans that’s secretly wishing for a GK4. I don’t want the same story (I was content with GK ending) I’m just hoping for the same adult mood in her earlier games, and when I saw the screenshots I just wasn’t seeing that and they looked less appealing (bland etc.) to me that the Gray Matter art work did. But hey, everybody is entitled to their opinion, just saying. I wasn’t attacking anybodies opinion and it’s a shame that I was for simply saying I thought the screenshots were boring.

Joined 2012-04-06

PM

Hey, maybe I misunderstood some of your wording in your earlier post because your last post is a valid and fair opinion and I can understand wanting some more of the mood the Gabriel Knight games had. I am Sorry if I sounded like I was attacking you and that was not my intent. I still really like Grey Matter. It was different with a more teenage feel to it but I thought the writing and plot still had that Jane Jensen stamp I have come to appreciate over the years. I think Moebius will have a much more mature/moody feel to it even if you do not get that feel yet from the pictures. It is ok to not have to high hopes, just give it a chance when it comes out ;-)

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

The character looks terrible. Sue me Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Monolith - 22 December 2012 12:27 PM

A guy, that looks hot, in an adventure game, without spectacular artistic deformations? Awesome.

You must have forgot about this guy

Yum

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Oscar - 24 December 2012 08:48 AM
Monolith - 22 December 2012 12:27 PM

A guy, that looks hot, in an adventure game, without spectacular artistic deformations? Awesome.

You must have forgot about this guy

Yum

lol Indeed I have. A mans man!!!!

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2011-12-15

PM

SweetDalilah - 22 December 2012 07:06 AM

Sure, and this guy looks hot, I mean interesting, also Tongue

LOL some hormones there.

The backgrounds are fine but I hope the character style is really just a placeholder. I think it looks very dull and trite, like it was made by an ordinary art student who is just starting up.

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

I think the backgrounds look okay, they’re nice enough and all, but they’re not really special. On the whole I find them somewhat bland; I much preferred the hand-painted concept art which was brimming with character and atmosphere.

As for the 3D character models, they look like something out of the original Sims game from the year 2000, so I’m far less impressed.

I’m going to hold off judgement until we actually get to see everything coming together with animation and dynamic lighting, but I can probably tolerate the mediocre visuals if the story is strong enough to carry it.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

her name was J.J and she can came out of the darkest night, holding in her hands two boxes one that had the name Moebius and the other was (X). aaaand then…. the adventuring light filled the sky with thunder!!,.....

.....hmm ..and everybody lived the best adventuring days happily ever after!

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

This looks great. It does remind me of the Broken Sword games, which the first two were on my favorites list.  I would like to see some more screenshots, but, so far, GREAT.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Yeah, I’m not sure what people are expecting, graphics-wise.

Budget-wise, there ain’t a whole lot to work with. And Pheonix aren’t exactly the most experienced group out there. Perhaps some folks need to lower their expectations?

With Jensen in charge, the story should be stellar though.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I found GM visually uninspired too and i dont expect Moebius any better but actually it is so there is no disappointment here.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top