• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiekanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mystery Game X - Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, 20th Anniversary Edition

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Theyr “slated to ship” mystery game x in december? And robert has 30 recorded songs? No doubt about it in my mind, its a remake/re-release of Gk1, with re-recorded music. Theres no way they could have anything else ready this fast. Theyv been working on this at most, for about 5 months… its not going to be a brand new game, sorry.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Lots of suspicion about Telltale being involved with a GK remake/upgrade. I think if that’s the case they’ll do right by the GK name, but I haven’t been thrilled with much of Telltale’s work (BttF, ToMI, JP), but most people praise their Sam & Max games as long as TWD. As long as Jane is involved, I’m not worried.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Probably Gabriel Knight related: Someone wrote a comment on Facebook: “Gabriel Knight lives!”, and Jane responded: “Yes, it does ;-)”

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Another status update, and another assurance that mystery game x is being released in december. Whatever it is, i continue to be amazed that its coming out so soon.

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

If you have a complete design document, an engine, and a good team-you can get a game out pretty quickly.
The problem comes in that a good design document can take months to get right…

I would assume that JJ had these documents already put together a while ago before embarking on her kickstarter campaign!

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-12-31

PM

I’m also surprised the publisher won’t let them go ahead and announce the game. What are they waiting for?

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Pyke - 08 October 2012 04:45 PM

If you have a complete design document, an engine, and a good team-you can get a game out pretty quickly.
The problem comes in that a good design document can take months to get right…

I would assume that JJ had these documents already put together a while ago before embarking on her kickstarter campaign!

Most people seems to assume that the game development started exactly when Jane first mentioned it to the “public”. It can in fact have gone in production way before that.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Henke - 11 October 2012 02:54 AM

Most people seems to assume that the game development started exactly when Jane first mentioned it to the “public”.

its a safe assumption. Mid-kickstarter jane told people she entered talks with a publisher and fingers were crossed but nothing was guaranteed. It was some weeks after that the good news was announced that the publisher decided to back “mystery game x.”
They dont develop their own games, they outsource. So theres no way they were outsourcing work on this before they had any idea if theyd get the finances for it.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

zane - 11 October 2012 03:11 AM
Henke - 11 October 2012 02:54 AM

Most people seems to assume that the game development started exactly when Jane first mentioned it to the “public”.

its a safe assumption. Mid-kickstarter jane told people she entered talks with a publisher and fingers were crossed but nothing was guaranteed. It was some weeks after that the good news was announced that the publisher decided to back “mystery game x.”
They dont develop their own games, they outsource. So theres no way they were outsourcing work on this before they had any idea if theyd get the finances for it.

Isn’t it the mysterious publisher that is financing Mystery Game X? It wasn’t until rather recent that Jane could confirm that the backers actually will be able to get this game due to their Pinkerton Road subscription.

It might still be as you assume but I’m not taking it for granted.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2007-06-06

PM

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^i like Grin

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2009-07-30

PM

If (and that’s a big if) it’s anything GK related, I’m going for an adventure of a young Wolfgang Ritter.

Or a game adaptation of “Dante’s Equation”?

Finished: Assassin’s Creed 2 (PS3)
Playing now: Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood (PS3), The Longest Journey (PC)
To continue: So Blonde (PC), Silent Hill Homecoming (PS3)

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Little Writer - 14 October 2012 03:32 PM

If (and that’s a big if) it’s anything GK related, I’m going for an adventure of a young Wolfgang Ritter.

Or a game adaptation of “Dante’s Equation”?

Now that would be awesome. Or an adaptation of Millennium Rising (Judgment Day).

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

yeah.. one of her other books as a game would fit all the clue criteria. I remain very skeptical they could make it materialize so quickly though. I also doubt a big publisher would jump on anything but an established videogame name. So my bet is still a gk1 remake… And even still, its odd.

EDIT: well, now, wait a minute. I just read the october update and it said this: “MGX—Voice over and mocap is done, now the devs are plowing through game logic and putting the pieces together.”
They’re using motion capture??? Geez… the suspense grows…

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

dave_minall - 17 August 2012 07:47 AM

If it was anything to do with GK Jane would have said months ago.

It’s not Jane’s call. There’s a publisher involved.

Think about why a publisher would be involved. I think it’s safe to conclude that this is an existing IP that Jane doesn’t own the rights too; that’s the only reason to work with a publisher. And if it’s an existing IP, I think we all know what it is.

It’s not Nancy Drew.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top