• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Old down-loadable games

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Edited by Moderator:
Posting links to abandonware and/or piracy related websites is in violation of adventuregamers.com policy.

Edited by Mike the Wino:

I’ve been warned, and I’ve reached out to the moderator that PM’d me to apologize for my transgression, and I’d like to do so here as well.

Honestly, I didn’t even think about the site I mentioned being associated with piracy. It just didn’t occur to me because my mind doesn’t work like that. If I had actually looked past the first few titles before I posted my question, I would have realized the site wasn’t legitimate. Unfortunately, I didn’t do that.

I was really more concerned with downloading a game that might have been doctored with malicious code that might infect my computer, which was what I was trying to find out if anyone else here had ever had issues like that. Call me naive (or stupid) up until now, but no more because it won’t happen again.

Honestly, I own probably 250-300 AG’s, and I’ve paid for every one except those available as freeware from legitimate sites often mentioned on this website in the “Following Freeware” articles, etc. I never have, nor ever will, knowingly download pirated or abandonware games.

I’ve been a member on this forum since 2006, and I’ve made every effort to avoid getting involved in controversial posts and/or threads. I truly hope my faux pas above won’t completely tarnish what little reputation I’ve established here over the years.

Sincerely,  Mike (the Wino) 

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I guess you didn’t know this site has a zero tolerance policy toward abandonware/game piracy.
You’ll find that out soon enough.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I haven’t been to the site in question, but basically it’s not legal but for these sorts of games there’s noone actively protecting the IP.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

They are not just abandonware. Also straight piracy with games like Broken Sword, 11th hour, Grim Fandango, Agatha Christie games, etc

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

This is completely unforgivable. I hope TC receives a life-time ban.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

No way, art should be free anyway

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top