• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

luckyloserTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Sailor’s Dream

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I somehow can’t find the thread I’m sure there was about this.
Has anyone played it? Is it really another game like Dear Esther / Gone Home or is it more in the vein of Year Walk / Device 6?

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Dear Esther is probably the closest comparison. There’s no gameplay to speak of: you just move around, read stuff, listen to stuff, try to piece out the story.

Unfortunately, there’s very little content: you can go through all of it in less than half an hour.

Well, technically you can’t, because of a horrible feature: some content only unlocks on specific days/times. There are seven songs that connect to the story, and each song can only be listened to on a specific day of the week. Likewise, there are 12 audio messages, and each can only be listened to at a specific time (message #1 at exactly 1:00 AM or 1:00 PM, message #2 at exactly 2:00 AM or 2:00 PM, etc.). As far as disgusting ways to increase a game’s length go, this is the worst I’ve encountered in all my years of gaming.

(Obviously, you can change your device’s date/time to access everything faster, but I’m not sure it’s really worth the bother…)

I loved Year Walk and Device6, and this was an insta-buy for me, but I’ve been extremely disappointed with it.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Thanks, that’s pretty much what I was afraid of. You probably saved me a lot of disappointment.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top