• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Carles

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #31: The Whispered World

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

SoccerDude28 - 30 January 2015 02:08 PM

Also, I don’t mind getting stuck, but when the puzzles are logical. When it involves try everything on everything for no specific reason and without any hint, that’s when I get frustrated.

I hear you, but I guess that’s quite subjective - I really didn’t try much combination just “for the sake of it”, and I’m on my second gameplay. I’m sure there are tons of responses I haven’t heard. Sometimes, I’ll try some unusual combination just to hear comments, but it wasn’t really that I was trying everything on everything just to get unstuck.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 30 January 2015 06:05 PM
Karlok - 30 January 2015 06:18 AM

I came across this pic at Adventure Treff.  Cool

Grin Great, though Edna should have been Marge

There’s more where this came from. Pics taken by a forum member who went to the Daedalic offices to playtest parts of Silence.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m in Chapter Three now in jail. The Asgil guy was a surprise—is that branchy thing his eyes or his eyebrows? I liked the parallax puzzle, partly because it’s the first screen where I can see only Spot (I parked him on the left and then walked Sadwick over to the right). Since it was five levers and I had five handy Spots, I thought he might provide inspiration. He didn’t.

I got six answers correct on the Chapter Two test. I’m willing to question the one question as to whether one eye is open or closed. When an eye is half-open, is it closed?

I’m continuing my epic Sadwick-in-different-lighting quest. Here he’s orange:

He turns back to being blue without the candlelight coloring the area:

I also, with some confidence, can call him purple here.

I am enjoying the various color changes. Another intriguing color transformation is during the pantalooning at sunset.

I like this view of the island, given what eventually happens with it.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Becky - 31 January 2015 02:42 PM

I got six answers correct on the Chapter Two test. I’m willing to question the one question as to whether one eye is open or closed. When an eye is half-open, is it closed?

Hehe… I knew someone will bring that up! I stared to that statue when making the quizz, and even now I’m not sure if that bigger eye is open, half-open, half-closed… but I went with the notion that if an eyeball isn’t visible, it’s closed. Tongue If I had an option: “Half-closed”, or “Half-open” instead of just open or closed, you would have had a case. Laughing

Becky - 31 January 2015 02:42 PM

I’m continuing my epic Sadwick-in-different-lighting quest.

That’s one epic quest, indeed! Now you made me think how often do we see in 2D games switch of lightning effects on a main character’s model? It’s mainly reserved for 3D. I also like that island view from the end of Chapter I, makes you in retrospective realize why it’s so deserted, being a small mountain really… though I still think there could have been more characters.

Karlok - 30 January 2015 06:50 PM

There’s more where this came from.

Great stuff. Seeing that poster on the wall, I’m reminded of how The Whispered World main box cover art features slightly different Sadwick:

Perhaps the adventures when Sadwick and Spot were younger? (no wait, Spot looks older!) Hey, a prequel!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Finished Chapter 3

* The puzzle solutions just get stranger and stranger. Fun but slightly obtuse at times.
* Why dont you ever get to see more than the boss in the Asgil villiage? The guard vanishes, the cook hides and nobody else lives there.

This is a strange world, inhabited by weird creatures,.... I like it.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The last puzzle in chapter 3 was awful. How are players supposed to figure that out?? I looked up the solution the first time I played TWW and I looked it up again this time. You’d think I would remember, but no. Walkthrough solutions for trial-and-error object combinations are the first I forget.

Fortunately, the puzzles at the beginning of chapter 4 will be a lovely reward for our efforts.  Cool

Total Posts: 2984

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lucien21 - 01 February 2015 06:52 AM

* Why dont you ever get to see more than the boss in the Asgil villiage? The guard vanishes, the cook hides and nobody else lives there.

The same with chapter 2. Only 3 people lived in the entire village? The world is slightly more empty than it should. It stands well in general though.

EDIT: Please people, there is no need to consult in walkthroughs!! Frown
We are all here, totally available for any hint/tip…..

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’m stuck in Chapter 3 and I LOVE IT!!!

Don’t you think it’s great to be stuck in a game you already played and finished? Tongue That just goes to say games with wide areas, more inventory objects and various puzzles have more “replayability”.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

Hey peoples

Been out of the playthrough for a little while, since my husband left the country with my game… Shifty Eyed
But now I´m back, and stuck in chapter 3. I´m missing the water ingredient for the soup, I´m assuming it´s the frog.
A very gentle nudge would be appreciated, but please don´t give it all away…

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Duck of Doom - 01 February 2015 12:08 PM

I´m missing the water ingredient for the soup, I´m assuming it´s the frog.

Gentle nudge: you have to get to the other side, where the frog is

Not-so gentle nudge: a bow will help with that (though, I’m also stuck here, I obviously missed some object…

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Lucien21 - 01 February 2015 06:52 AM

Yeah I expected an army when I first heard of the Asgil. I wish they had more idle animations in the background. Still though, the world is very unique and cool.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 01 February 2015 12:15 PM
Duck of Doom - 01 February 2015 12:08 PM

I´m missing the water ingredient for the soup, I´m assuming it´s the frog.

Gentle nudge: you have to get to the other side, where the frog is

Not-so gentle nudge: a bow will help with that (though, I’m also stuck here, I obviously missed some object…

For the arrow you need to combine 2 objects and one of them has to be shaped into the arrowhead first

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yeah. One of those utterly logical puzzels I cannot do without a WT.  Naughty

Sorry Sefir, I know I can ask hints here, but I would have to quit and wait for an answer while I’m immersed in the game world.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m now stuck after schlepping back and forth and repeatedly moving heaven and earth—well, [spoiler]earth anyway—to get to a bucket. Which has a hole in it. Dear Liza. [/spoiler]

Intriguingly, the Asgil seem to be very heavy sleepers. Maybe Sadwicks’ spit has a sedative effect?

I don’t even know why I need a bucket. Dear Liza.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Becky - 01 February 2015 03:49 PM

I’m now stuck after schlepping back and forth and repeatedly moving heaven and earth—well, [spoiler]earth anyway—to get to a bucket. Which has a hole in it. Dear Liza. [/spoiler]

Intriguingly, the Asgil seem to be very heavy sleepers. Maybe Sadwicks’ spit has a sedative effect?

I don’t even know why I need a bucket. Dear Liza.

Have started spinning the room? There is a position that will have the window next to the bucket

Don’t worry about the hole, the bucket is not for water Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top