• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Name ___ Adventure Games

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Name 3 adventure games that have heavy political elements in them.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

15 Days
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments

and… *drum roll*
A Mind Forever Voyaging

You may wonder why I put Crimes & Punishment there. Well, my reasoning is that Holmes is choosing the fate of the people in each of the cases, and the player develops a general approach to sentencing. That is usually the role of a judge, but here Holmes has that power. This makes it somewhat political - in the general sense of deciding how people should be managed.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oscar, usually the person who guesses correctly puts up the next task.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

OK, until Oscar checks this thread Tongue here’s the next task:

Name 3 adventure games with molten lava in it!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Monkey Island (chose whichever you want. Almost all of them have)
Simon the Sorcerer 1
Pandora Directive

Name 3 adventure games where in the end (the best one obviously), the protagonist dies.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 25 July 2014 06:28 PM

Name 3 AGs where in the end, the bad guy actually wins!!

Sefir - 18 November 2014 11:57 AM

Name 3 adventure games where in the end (the best one obviously), the protagonist dies.

WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?!!

Crazy

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 19 November 2014 06:44 AM

WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?!!

Simple: he likes spoilers. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

[spoiler]Golden Gate
Oknytt
Richard and Alice
Thirty Steps of Loving
Valiant Hearts [/spoiler]

Next: Name 5 adventures WITHOUT a kitchen.
Good luck!

EDIT: Removed the spoilers and added spoiler tags. Sorry about that, I should have realized sooner.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2012-02-10

PM

Space Quest I
Quest for Glory 2
Police Quest 3
Trinity
Spider and Web

Name three adventure games where kissing someone is a necessary step to solving a puzzle.

Joined 2012-02-10

PM

Hint: a necessary step to solving a puzzle may not be a necessary step to winning the game. Some puzzles are optional!

Hint: the “someone” you kiss might not be human.

hints for game 1: Gold ball, gold crown

hints for game 2: Waken the sleeper, utter the truth

hint for game 3: abbey road, humming

And if you’re not a text adventure fan…

hint for game 4: paladin, curse, water

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Not really following the hints…

KISS...

Kings Quest IV (The Frog)
Codename Iceman (The Girl of the beach ...many times)
Quest For Glory IV (The Rusalka)
Police Quest II (Marie)
Larry 1 (The Hooker) ..optional

Sierra games were always full Love and Kisses! Heart Kiss

Joined 2012-02-10

PM

Yep. And on top of those, some non-Sierra ones:

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream (The Golem)
Jigsaw (Black, to stop him/her from humming during a Beatles recording session. It’s complicated, okay?)

Your turn for the next challenge, Advie!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

WitchOfDoubt - 29 November 2014 03:35 AM

Jigsaw (Black, to stop him/her from humming during a Beatles recording session.

Jigsaw... who has played this game, can I see some hands, please?
Well, I have. Smile Great Graham Nelson game. I don’t remember that kiss though, my encounters with the mysterious gender-neutral Black took place nearly twenty years ago.

Witchie, I honestly think we should leave text adventures out of it. For more than one reason. There are thousands of them, literally everything is far too easy to find in IF. Secondly, apart from you and one or two other people (me) nobody knows what you’re talking about. Recognizing and remembering other people’s guesses is part of the fun.

If I’m the only one who feels we should use graphical adventures only I will might shut up about it.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 29 November 2014 05:37 AM

If I’m the only one who feels we should use graphical adventures only I will might shut up about it.

Unless you’re talking about the *really* famous ones (like A Mind Forever Voyaging) or those text adventures with a graphical representation (like Eric the Unready and its ilk), then yes, text adventures should be avoided here. Too few forum members have played them, imo…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Karlok - 29 November 2014 05:37 AM

There’s no need for such rules if you ask me. In the “place the quote” thread, maybe, but this is not the kind of quiz where you “use” any particular game. Advie just answered correctly using only Sierra games, someone else might want to answer with text adventures.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top