• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Armikrog - The Neverhood developers making a new game

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

For those of you who were interested in supporting Armikrog, but were unable to use Amazon for your pledge….....now Paypal can be used along with some reward tiers still available:

Armikrog Webite

Enjoy.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

New interview. TenNapel makes too much sense: http://www.8worldsnews.com/doug-tennapel-on-armikrog/

Some quotes to get you hyped:

“Our puzzles this time around are just as broad but I’m trying not to have so many “throw away” puzzles like the sliding tile stuff. The Armikrog puzzles themselves are more entertaining in my view. It’s funner to manipulate these gizmos, and they more than likely talk back to you or move in a surprising way. We don’t want anyone to quit out of rage, but I think the puzzle solving audience are a lot more sophisticated today than they were in the Neverhood years. Our puzzles are just as difficult as the Neverhood, but I think audiences will find them slightly easier to solve…and the internet will be full of walk throughs by the time the game releases.

“I stopped in on the PencilTest gang two weeks ago and they’re full speed ahead! We’ve got a lot of work to do, but I already say all of Tommynaut’s lead animations and there were at least double the frames Mike Dietz did for all of Klaymen in the Neverhood! Get ready, because you’re going to get something beautiful to play. I don’t know how often a video game offers that to its audience but it’s what we’re all about on this one.”

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2005-08-06

PM

I backed it, and it looks good.
But I have one concern about the game, and the interview’s screenshots don’t help:

Are we gonna be inside a building the whole game?

From what I understand, the premise seemed that Armikrog is a kind of a fortress that we’re stuck in.

I don’t want to be stuck in rooms the whole game ! I want to explore the beautiful world, and I think outside can be much more interesting than seeing a box after a box. It’s not necessarily bad, but… I think the outside is also interesting, and I hope we’re gonna be outside for parts of the game, and not only inside this big fortress.

Does anybody know something about this? Do we know if we’re gonna be outside also, or only inside a fortress?

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

I’d suspect a series of connected rooms, with glimpse of the outside world thrown in, is significantly more cost effective.

Adventure Gamer Since 1992

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

“We’re making the puzzles harder because the internet will be full of walk throughs by the time the game releases”

That’s harsh isn’t it? Not everyone likes to use walkthroughs.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 12 August 2014 07:03 AM

That’s harsh isn’t it? Not everyone likes to use walkthroughs.

Except that that wasn’t his actual quote.

“Our puzzles are just as difficult as the Neverhood, but I think audiences will find them slightly easier to solve…and the internet will be full of walk throughs by the time the game releases.”

Sounds like the walkthrough remark is just an aside, not a reason for the difficulty.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Hey backers!  Check you emails for Update #57 because there is a link to watch some actual gameplay/testing.  Man this looks good!

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

Looking very nice.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Bonsai - 26 August 2014 05:16 PM

Hey backers!  Check you emails for Update #57 because there is a link to watch some actual gameplay/testing.  Man this looks good!

Never doubted, it has to. Claymation is unique and dying talent and it shines.

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

With HD graphics, you’d think there would be more attempts at ‘claymation’ graphic styles without actually using actual stopmotion or clay.

Really, there’s just the upcoming Kirby and the Rainbow Curse game I’ve ever seen attempt it.

At it looks pretty good.

Adventure Gamer Since 1992

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

This has really shot to the top of my hype list. It’s looking utterly worthy of the Neverhood, but it’s also starting to show its own personality, which is just as important. Part of what made The Neverhood so great was just how original it is, and I love that this isn’t just a total retread. It has that feel, but it also has its own spin on it.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Received an Armikrog backer project update today. Game looks like it’s taking shape nicely and the animation pics look awesome. Only negative that instead of a year-end launch, it is slated for the 1st quarter 2015. No problem on my part waiting a few months for this to be done right.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I’m somewhat disappointed to learn of a delay so late but it does seem smarter to avoid the crowded Q4 and release a more polished game, so in the end I understand.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Behold the beauty of Claymation,

Leaked Trailer,

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Looks really awesome Heart Eyes  Might be the best kickstarted adventure so far (at least I hope so). An extremely talented and creative team, glad they are taking their time to polish it.

PC means personal computer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top