• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #30: Discworld

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I got a big surprise when I used the corn, but that little guy got away from me and went in the hole.  It took me a while (and a lot of pixel hunting) to find something it likes to eat, but I still can’t catch it.  Does someone have a suggestion as to an item that might help?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Lady Kestrel - 29 October 2014 07:10 PM

I got a big surprise when I used the corn, but that little guy got away from me and went in the hole.  It took me a while (and a lot of pixel hunting) to find something it likes to eat, but I still can’t catch it.  Does someone have a suggestion as to an item that might help?

The little bugger likes worms, and worms like fruit like… lets say tomatoes.

Edit: Oh… You have already gotten the worm, then you just need some string.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Hmmm.  I don’t have any in my inventory.  I guess I get to go wandering again.

Edit:  Ah ha!  I found the toy store and caught the imp.  I had always entered the street from the beggar’s end, and it didn’t seem I could progress any further than the barber shop.  This time I clicked on the other end of the street and suddenly there was a lot more of the city to explore!  I love surprises like that.  Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lady Kestrel - 29 October 2014 07:27 PM

I had always entered the street from the beggar’s end, and it didn’t seem I could progress any further than the barber shop.  This time I clicked on the other end of the street and suddenly there was a lot more of the city to explore!  I love surprises like that.  Smile

Sefir - 15 October 2014 02:50 AM

EDIT 4: The street can be entered either from the N or the S.

No one pays attention to my guide in the first page… Cry
(I know Lady K…you want to explore the city on your own. Wink )

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sefir - 30 October 2014 04:07 AM

Oh yes, they do! Smile I’d totally missed the Livery Stable. Stupid of me… I had such good memories of the famous donkey cart with the number that nobody has seen.

I now have 20+ inventory objects but still no magic items, except the first one.

EDIT: So I now have all five magic objects… sorry, I couldn’t stop, it was so much fun.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 30 October 2014 04:07 AM

*Ahem*

Iznogood - 29 October 2014 06:11 PM

but then I noticed the map you post earlier (thanks) and realised there was still 3 placed that I hadn’t found yet.

Lady Kestrel - 29 October 2014 07:27 PM

I had always entered the street from the beggar’s end, and it didn’t seem I could progress any further than the barber shop.  This time I clicked on the other end of the street and suddenly there was a lot more of the city to explore!  I love surprises like that.  Smile

You can actually also just walk from one end of the street to the other.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Iznogood - 30 October 2014 08:03 PM

You can actually also just walk from one end of the street to the other.

Yes, I realize that now, but I got behind that protruding building and didn’t seem to make progress, not realizing I had to click the lower level.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Are we ready to proceed to the next couple of quest items? I hope so, because that’s what we are going to search! The magic coil and the dragon breath! 5 days as usual! You have until the 5th of November to find them and finish the first chapter of the game!
We will proceed to the much more challenging 2nd chapter after those 5 days.

TIP 1: Rincewind can learn a couple of new moves throughout the game. They are represented by an image of that action in Rincewind’s personal inventory (pretty much like an inventory item)
TIP 2: Higher ground is the best for drawing attention.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I finished the first chapter because I just gathered things as I encountered them and took them all to the arch chancellor, which, of course, put me automatically into *beep, beep* dragon detecting mode.  Nice puzzle that!  I love the dragon, and can’t wait to explore in Act II.

The item that took me the longest to find and retrieve was the metal coil, first because I wasn’t thinking of it as a hair roller, and second because of the timed factor in retrieving it.  That one took me 5 tries to get my cursor on that single pocket pixel.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

I have the imp and picked up the magic coil, without realizing that it was one of the main items, until Sefir told us to find it just now Grin

But i’m having some trouble with the metal container. I thought I knew what to do, but Rincewind doesn´t bring the net when he climbs the ladder. Am I missing something here?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Duck of Doom: Rincewind has a (small) inventory of his own. Put the net in there.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

Damn it! I tried that several times. It didn´t work, even though I only carried 3 items.Now I put the book in the luggage, and then it worked.
Thank you Karlok.  Thumbs Up

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Bwah ha ha ha ha - I’m comfortably well off!
(And that is my way of saying I have found the last item and completed act1)

And I did notice and understood:

Sefir - 01 November 2014 10:27 AM

TIP 2: Higher ground is the best for drawing attention.

I just took me a while to find the the right place for doing so.

Btw: This has always been my favourite puzzle in the game, and I can’t wait till we actually get to play this part:

Right… No more time for Idle chatter.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yep, I like the ghost guy. Smile For me, Act II is the best part of the game. L-space is such fun!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Finally got some time to play again. Got the first of the five items, and am now exploring the city. Will see how far I get in the next couple of hours or so… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top