• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I couldn’t find Phantasmat in my Purchase history so I guess when I played it before it must have been on someone else’s computer! No worries, I’ve accumulated so many credits at BF here I come!

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

If I remember the bonus section correctly, it did add a nice touch to the story.  However, the main story is still complete as it is.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I played this game, but have minimal recollection of it other than I liked the match 3 choice. I’ll likely join in the playthrough.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Since Phantasmat is a horror game, I thought it might be amusing to play the final all-is-revealed sequence on Halloween.

So we’ll begin the Phantasmat playthrough on Wednesday, October 22nd (that’s when I’ll start the playthrough thread) and finish on Friday, October 31st.

Bonus points for wearing a Halloween costume while playing the game on the 31st. Something a bit scarier than this, hopefully. Nerd

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

What fun! I’ll have to think up something suitably relevant to the game.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Big Fish is having a collector’s edition sale today.  Buy one and get the second for $1.99.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Becky - 18 October 2014 10:17 AM

So we’ll begin the Phantasmat playthrough on Wednesday, October 22nd (that’s when I’ll start the playthrough thread) and finish on Friday, October 31st.

Bonus points for wearing a Halloween costume while playing the game on the 31st. Something a bit scarier than this, hopefully. Nerd

Any thoughts on how many chapters?

I’m trying to think of an appropriate Goth Hemmingway costume.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Currently I’m thinking of breaking the game up into five chapters to be played over the 10 day period starting on the 22nd. I estimate that each chapter will take about an hour or so—longer if you play the Match-3 option instead of the Hidden Object screens.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

rtrooney - 18 October 2014 07:19 PM

I’m trying to think of an appropriate Goth Hemmingway costume.

Fangs are always nice.  Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

And tomorrow we go. Looking for the pinned topic and end point for the first chapter. Am locked and loaded. Ready for our fearless leader to fire the starter pistol.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

It’s 12:12 AM on October 22nd, and I’ve started the Phantasmat Casual Playthrough thread here. Come and join us!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I see that the Phantasmat playthrough is no longer pinned. But comments to the thread are always welcome, and to the best of our ability, will be answered.

Are you worn out? Beat up? Confused? Or are you ready for a new Casual Community Playthrough?

If the answer is yes, I’m going to open the thread for nominations on Monday, November 10.

Again, I suggest that if you nominate a game, you should be willing to lead the playthrough. I like doing it, and I think Becky likes doing it, but it shouldn’t be up to us to carry the playthrough. Step up.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Leading was fun! I enjoyed it immensely, but probably overdid it with posting all those screenshots.  Cool

Just curious - is anyone hesitating about leading a playthrough because they don’t have experience using an image hosting site for posting screenshots to the forum? If so, PM me and I’ll help you with the procedure or send you links for screenshots during the playthrough.

And if you don’t want to bother with the screenshots, you certainly could lead a playthrough without them!

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

A question—I was going to submit Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood in the voting thread when it starts on Monday. That’s the second game in a series and follows on the first game in terms of some of the characters. When I originally started submitting it for a vote, I thought I’d present it instead of the first game because it has better, more interactive Hidden Object scenes than the first game in the series.

The first game: Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek has just as good a story as the second game, but it has frequent, old-fashioned, noninteractive list-based HO screens (similar to the ones in Phantasmat, but without a Match-3 alternative to vary the gameplay).

Instead of starting with the second game in the series, would you want to play the first game as a casual playthrough, get a better hook into the full story, and not mind the older HO screens? Then maybe play the second game in a later playthrough at some point?

Or would people prefer to start with the second game, which can stand on its own, then go back and play the first game on their own if they find they’re interested in learning more backstory?

Or is this a question that’s better addressed in the voting thread itself?  Tongue

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’d be up for the first game. In a series, I always prefer to start from the beginning…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top