• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 17 October 2014

Total Posts: 5834

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I don’t remember too much about Aurora: The Secret Within (2007), developed by a small Italian studio, except for the sloppy translation in the English language version I played.  Despite that I know I enjoyed the story in this 1st person perspective game investigating Area 51! Did anyone else play it?

Total Posts: 5045

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Just out of curiosity, how many of the obscure games, or at least they are obscure to me, are released in Europe only? Obviously the games exist, But I’ve never seen a lot of them marketed in North America.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5834

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 17 October 2014 06:23 PM

Just out of curiosity, how many of the obscure games, or at least they are obscure to me, are released in Europe only? Obviously the games exist, But I’ve never seen a lot of them marketed in North America.

Most of the games I feature on Friday are from independent studios where in a lot of cases you can or could buy the game directly from the developer. Aurora: The Secret Within was published by Lexicon Entertainment but unfortunately their international status didn’t cover NA. According to an article here by Jackal this game was due for a NA release by Tri-Synergy - I don’t know whether that happened. If not, apart from the sloppy translation in the game, I vaguely remember finding it ‘unpolished’ so possibly either Tri-synergy had a change of heart or they went bust? It’s a good point though Tim & I will try to include info about that in future.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top