• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady KestrelluckyloserrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Journey Down

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-12-31

PM

I claimed the top one. Thank you so much!

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I’m playing the 2nd chapter now and having lots of fun!  I can’t say that it is easy for me, but, I am not the best adventure gamer. I love the voices, the graphics and the puzzles so far. I’m hoping for a third!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’ve also just started Chapter Two. I’m off the boat from the mists and enjoying the “perks” of civilization. I especially like Bwana’s laid-back attitude toward things.

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

They did everything right in this game… the graphics are great, I love the movement; where when you click on a place to go, you don’t have to trudge there forever, the puzzles are doable and the dialogue isn’t too verbose; but, it lets you know what is happening. I am having lots of fun. This is one of the most enjoyable games that I have played this year.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2005-01-25

PM

OK, here are the other TJD2 Steam codes:

KGAQZ-EDEHH-GA4DV
PMVHH-33YZ2-95T0E

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I used the bottom one from the second episode, thank you. Will definitely be playing both episodes in the next few days now.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Played the first chapter and loved it. The game is very delightful in every way. It’s very polished and plays smoothly, there are a lot of puzzles that aren’t too hard but it’s isn’t ridiculously easy either. The reggae music is great and the positivity of the main character is really refreshing. I think the characters are very expressive and the main storyline and setting are also interesting. There’s really not much to critique.
4.5/5. Gonna play the second chapter this week too.

Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m partway through Chapter Two, where Bwana is trying to be a hero and (sort of) succeeding. (I’m sure the business with the dumpster will be easily forgotten.)

The plot is definitely thickening. One of the characters even says so, but I wasn’t quick enough to capture the actual words in a screenshot. So here’s a screenshot with a plot-is-thickening ambiance.

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I finished two play-throughs of the game already and really enjoyed the game. I still can’t figure out how I should have done the runes puzzle at the end, and thanks to a walk-through from youtube, I finally got it. One of the most enjoyable games that I have played this year!

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Hah, great seeing this thread alive and kicking and huge thanks for all the lovely comments! I’m glad you guys are enjoying the game. We had an incredible amount of fun, making it. Smile

I’ve still got tons of TJD1 steam keys left over for the first chapter of The Journey Down, so if anyone would like to give the game a spin, please send me a PM, and I’ll send you a key! (Yes, I’m trying to get you to buy the second game, correct!)

Thanks again for your kind words and for those of you who purchased either of the games, a HUGE THANK YOU for supporting our development! You’re the best.

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Just dropping a line to say that we just updated TJD1 and TJD2 with trading cards over on Steam. I dunno if this is the kind of thing that interests anyone here, just thought I’d let you know. Smile

We held a really big giveaway over on the doublefine forums the other day (which is now no longer running) but as I wrote in the post above, I still have some steam keys that I’d love to share with you people here on the adventuregamers forums, so if you’d like a free key for the first game, please send me PM and I’ll send you one back. Smile

To those of you I told the giveaway was over: sorry I confused myself, I was in the midst of explaining to 600 taiwanese twitter users to stop spamming me. (!?)

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m still working on solving the mystery. Who better to abuse power than the power company? I’m enjoying the random bits of info tossed about during research.

I’m also meeting some charming new characters.

The music in the game, as in the first episode, is grand.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

theo - 21 September 2014 04:42 AM

To those of you I told the giveaway was over: sorry I confused myself, I was in the midst of explaining to 600 taiwanese twitter users to stop spamming me. (!?)

Yeah they can be really persistent and annoying Grin

I got to say that I absolutely love this game! The story is captivating, the characters are interesting and complex, and the art style is unlike something I’ve ever seen before!

Plus all the twists, the excitement, the action, all is amazing! And the music is fantastic, I absolutely love jazz and reggae music and we don’t get to hear it that often in games really…

I haven’t been this excited about playing the game since Discworld Noir or The Runaway series! This game is a real threat both visually and story wise… I will definitely be buying the Second Chapter as well!

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

The game got reviewed on Australian TV last night! On the show Good Game, it was given a 7 out of 10 and a 6 out of 10. That 6 sounds a bit average, but listening to the reviews,both the reviewers seemed to like the game quite a bit.

So that was nice. Smile

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

The second chapter was much longer but just as good. The setting and the story is very nice, while the characters are charming and funny. Will be writing a bit more praise later I think. I think the final section felt perhaps a bit out of place though. I will definitely be purchasing the 3rd act when it comes out.

Anyway my thoughts about how the rune puzzle worked:
The navigation book showed that 9am-1pm the navigation star was in the wave symbol. The observatory showed that the moon was in the root symbol. And the final swirly marker defined which symbol was triggered on the wall. Not completely sure about the logic behind this but the hints are there anyway.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top