• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbCharophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

JTheysen - 30 April 2014 12:39 PM

If you want to take a short first look at the game, you can do so here:

The video shows what we have worked on in the last weeks and provides a first impression of the game. Feel free to give us feedback on it!

Hot! Release the game already Smile

Love the CG look and feel, love the rendering engine.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

best looking kickstarted game for less than 200k ever Tongue
yeah i know they had other sources to fund the game.. but still.. holy moley!

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-06-11

PM

Hey guys,
have a look at this awesome GoT comic… Laughing

http://ow.ly/xS1eu

#BoUT2

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-07-09

PM

I checked their facebooksite too and found this new comic….  Grin

Link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=718452901554858&set=a.296555570411262.69115.157096307690523&type=1&theater;

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

Please don’t register your xxxxxx### accounts just to drop an advertisement link. Thank you. No matter if you are a developer, fan, one guy or actually different guys.

I liked Unwritten Tales a lot and backed the Kickstarter as soon as I saw it, just to make that clear.

The cartoons are drawn very well but other than that I don’t really care for them.
They are obviously done with the intention to draw the crowds, but to me they seem completely detached from the first game and the few original characters seem like mere husks which play the roles of generic cartoon dude 1-x.
In fact I hope the strips are completely detached from the actual game

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The game is out!

At least the first chapter, backers check mail
Release date plans:

Chapter 1 – Today!
Chapter 2 – October
Chapter 3 – November
Chapter 4 – December
Chapter 5 / Full game – Early 2015

Started it just to check it out and looks very good (I still need to finish the first one…)

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

That was earlier than expected, but I haven’t really been paying close attention to this lately, so I don’t know if it is as planned.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The full game will only be complete early next year, which was the kickstarter goal but decided to enter the Steam Early Access program and give early access to the chapters as they are mostly done.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-10-17

PM

The best game ever Smile I love the series.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Well, I was planning on waiting until the whole game was out, but of course I couldn’t wait. Smile

Anyway, not very far into it and still haven’t played as Wilbur (my favourite) yet, but gosh is it lovely to be back in this world. I maintain that graphics aren’t that important in an adventure game for me, but when one turns up as lovely to look at as BoUT2, I ain’t complaining. And it hasn’t lost any of it’s charm either- it really does feel like slipping into an old pair of shoes.

Just lovely.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2014-03-05

PM

I started playing the Early Access version on Steam just long enough to reach Wilbur’s part and then stopped so I wouldn’t spoil too much for the full experience next year. So far it’s been really good, the puzzles work well together and it never felt too crazy to figure out but also not ridiculously easy; logical basically. I’ve come across a few little bugs in the dialog and for some reason the anti-aliasing settings I’ve set in my GPU settings aren’t being utilised, plus the lip=syncing isn’t entirely spot on, but it is an early version of the game, so those issues should be fixed quick smart (as I understand it, there are already some patches for Chapter 1 well underway). Until the entire game is released though, I shall abstain from playing anymore or reading too much about the game. It’s shaping up to be another great adventure though.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have played the whole first chapter now, and I just have to say that it is fully living up to my expectations and is every bit is good as the first if not even better. Lots of humour that is actually funny, different kinds references to books, movies and other games, well designed puzzles that are neither too easy nor too hard and some beautiful graphics.

The only problem is of course that I now have to wait for the next episode.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

I paid for this and didn’t even know anything was out. This time I am going to wait until the whole thing is available. How can someone not forget a lot from the first episode months after playing it? It kills the experience. Glad to hear people are liking it.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I backed this too, really looking forward to playing it, but I’ll wait till the full game is out. Playing one bit now, and another months later does kill the immersion, and this is one game I’m really stoked about, it’s currently the nr.1 game on my personal hype-o-meter. I wanna enjoy it from start to finish in my own pace. Glad to hear that so many are having great first impressions of it, that makes me even more excited about it Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

I have played the game up to wilburs first appearance.
It looks lush and puzzles are set to the perfect degree for little old me.
There are a few glitches for me but I appreciate that this is early access version of game and there will be a few things needed ironed out before full game is released properly.
I hope to resist playing game till full release.
I doubt I will though lol.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top