• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

HALP! What game is this??

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2014-09-01

PM

Hey everyone. I need some help finding an older myst-like game from the 90s. I’m really after a great song (if I remember correctly) that plays in the credits.

I don’t remember too many details, unfortunately. However, most of the early game takes place in a freakshow. They have things like the fat lady, etc.. It was myst-like. And it had a great song at the end sung by a female vocalist.

Pretty sure that if you know the game I’m talking about, that should be enough, but I don’t remember more.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Could it be The Residents: Bad Day on the Midway?

If that’s the one, then some of the music from the game can be found on this album.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2014-09-01

PM

pretty sure that’s not it.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Could be Faust: Seven Games Of The Soul

If so this is the track you mean:

Life is what it is.

Joined 2014-09-01

PM

ops, don’t think my last post posted. Faust isn’t it. The song was modern for the 90’s, with electronic instruments. The song was slow, with a quite female voice talk/singing.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

To quote Metallica the game is

Sanitarium, leave me be
Sanitarium, just leave me alone

Maybe??

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2014-09-01

PM

no, it’s not sanitarium. I feel like an *, I forgot to mention that the game was myst-like.

hard to search in google, i get spammed with AHS. Tongue

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

SenorDeekr - 01 September 2014 04:17 PM

no, it’s not sanitarium. I feel like an *, I forgot to mention that the game was myst-like.

No, you didn’t. Wink

SenorDeekr - 01 September 2014 03:30 PM

It was myst-like.

Similar to my first suggestion is this: The Residents: Freak Show

The more you can remember about the game, the better. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2014-09-01

PM

Oh, I did haha. Thanks.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Me raed not so well

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

9 the last resort

Just because the final credits are ace.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2014-09-01

PM

The game is a littler darker carnival-ish at the beginning. Later in the game it lightens the mood a little bit visually and you start to see the myst influence.

The early game has some gypsy caravans in it. You play a character lookin/investigatin something (of course) and the investigation starts at a traveling (I think) freakshow. The game has a serious tone to it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top