• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

PS4 or XB1??

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 31 July 2014 12:40 PM
wilco - 31 July 2014 11:30 AM

That is a large diference! and with the PS4 bombing in Japan so far.

Japan is a hopeless market for consoles now. They are obsessed with mobile games there.

Yeah Japan has lost it, except Fromsoftware and Platinum games everything is a joke.

Capcom was a complete no show this year, Konami is making MGS5 since 5+ yrs.
Sega lost the shit a long time ago, Ninty struggling.
While Gungho making millions on Tablet shit.

With 7million PS4 sold and leading ratio of 3:1 against X1,i think Sony doesn’t even need
Japan.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Sega always stronger in Europe anyway? I remember Nintendo didn’t care about Europe, so Sega took the market and it created a tremendous backbone for themselves…for a while at least.

I was hoping the tablet/phone market was a fad over in Japan, but it looks like it might be here a while…

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 31 July 2014 04:20 PM

Yeah Japan has lost it, except Fromsoftware and Platinum games everything is a joke.

Capcom was a complete no show this year, Konami is making MGS5 since 5+ yrs.
Sega lost the shit a long time ago, Ninty struggling.
While Gungho making millions on Tablet shit.

With 7million PS4 sold and leading ratio of 3:1 against X1,i think Sony doesn’t even need
Japan.

And Square Japan looks like it’s on the way out due to incredible bad management…
Get a grip Japan, I need my Japan home console games…

Tad - 31 July 2014 05:40 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Sega always stronger in Europe anyway? I remember Nintendo didn’t care about Europe, so Sega took the market and it created a tremendous backbone for themselves…for a while at least.

Yes, Master System was a success in Europe, Mega Drive/Genesis owned in Europe and North America. Japan was always mostly Nintendoland I think. That is until Sony arrived and took over the world.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I was hoping the tablet/phone market was a fad over in Japan, but it looks like it might be here a while…

Sega product portfolio is shit, its Sonic now , sonic x,y,z etc.
Sonic makes money a lot of money no doubt but that’s all.
They use to try diverse experiments in PS2 days (Altered beast, Shinobi, kunoichi etc.)
But that plus continuous economic failures like GoldenAxe, Bayonetta, Vanquish etc.
made them even more restrained and focused on guess what, Sonic Tongue

Japan was always mobile, they love them some tablets. From DS days to present day,
the mobile craze has seen no decrease.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

A friend of mine who lives in Japan told me their story. Japanese folks are on the move a lot and don’t spend much time at home. That’s why they play a lot of mobile games on their way to work or on the subway. They don’t use the iPhone or android there as much as the rest of the world, but rather some other feature phones.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Just in,

Japan’s mobile gaming market in 2013 was, at US$5.1 billion, bigger than the one for console (hardware and software combined, [includes handhelds]) at US$4 billion.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Damn i didn’t realize the difference between the PS4/X1 version and PC
version is that big, i think i have to replay the game on PS4/X1

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/349/3494045/2447073-ibisghfo1qo29u.jpg

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Germany (through June):

Hardware LTDs:
PS4: 540,000
XB1: 170,000

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

I’m wondering, if X1 is selling so much less than PS4, does it also mean that there are less obnoxious teenagers and other incredibly annoying people on it to worry about online? Grin Or does it get evened out… Usually they go for the most popular choice, though, so I’d guess the growth is exponential Wink

(Edit): There’s a rumor going around that the X1 pricetag in Europe is going to be cheaper than expected. With Kinect, it’d be 449 €, and without Kinect possibly 349 €. Which would be a really good move from them. The earlier reported European prices have been way too high.
Here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=867605

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

We got a price reduction on the Xbox one when they removed the Kinect from the system to sell separately in the US.

Yes, the PS4 is outselling the Xbox one, but it’s really all up to the games released to me - which games you have to play on which system.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Too bad there isn’t a single game released or coming anytime soon(or properly even announced, something like Quantum Break with nothing solid known about it doesn’t really count) that’s a single-platform release and actually interesting, so it’s really difficult to make that choice Grin Only interesting game(s) is multi-plat. Even all the indies will be on PC at least…

But still, you’re right - and that’s great that it’s the games that will decide Smile Though unfortunately for many it is something irrelevant that decides it.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Xbox One lost $400 million for Microsoft for FY2013/14.
Costs on XB1 are messing the revenues , they need to decrease that (Sony already
did that with PS4).
+
Exclusives getting to PC one by one DR3 now Ryse, Halo Collection Steam Registry was
found. Pan

They need to hunt down xclusives like Fallout, else turnaround will be hard.

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Seems Microsoft is dropping the ball on the indies. Now Dreamfall Chapters is PS exclusive, and judging by comments RTG made (I think) last year it’s not because PS aggressively made the better deal, it’s because MS didn’t do anything even though they were offered DFC.

Once again I’m clueless as to what console to get. When the time comes, that is. Right now the time seems to be coming next month with Destiny’s launch, though I think I may be able to wait for it a little while.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

At the moment, PS4 is looking the better console to have.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 12 August 2014 03:41 PM

At the moment, PS4 is looking the better console to have.

Indies are not just 2D, cheap games, from NMS to Rime, the productions are amazing.
From Wild to TheTomorrowChildren Sony has best product lineup, in diversity and creativity, and platform exclusivity.

PS4 will cross 15 million this fall and by the end of next year 25 million at minimum.

PS4 has chance to be next PS2.

Still TGS to go, hope to see more DeepDown and Let it Die.

Funny thing is Sony doesn’t even need to show SM, Bend or QuanticDream etc. yet.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top