• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinLady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gods will be watching…

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

... you fail at this game!

From the gog page:

Gods Will Be Watching is a minimalistic “point and click thriller” centered on despair, commitment, and sacrifice as players face narrative puzzles and moral dilemmas that will affect both the lives of your team and the people you’re are sworn to protect. Set against the backdrop of an interstellar struggle, the game follows Sgt. Burden and his crew in six tense chapters from hostage situations and wilderness survival to biological weapon prevention and agonizing torture scenarios. Each decision is crucial and players will need to choose between the lives of their team and the saving the world from genocide. There’s no good or evil, just decisions, with only you and the gods as a judge to your actions.

Anyone playing this? It was released last week. I’m still at the first scenario but so far I’m finding it kind of tedious, mostly because I keep sucking and failing. I’m not seeing much of moral dillemas, what I’m seeing is a hard puzzle game where you have find a solution through trial and error.
But there’s an easy mode, maybe that’s more for me, I’ll have to try it.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

What I’ve read, and tried the demo way back, I don’t think it really an adventure game at all. It’s really more like a resource management simulator with a narrative.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I am getting sick of moral lessons in game. Every game is now, face your consequence in morally grey world. Burnt out.
(and these pixel art games too are getting repetitive)

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I bought this on a whim because of the trailer and the description. I made a terrible mistake. I wouldnt call this an adventure game in my book. Its a time-management-resource strategy sim. And not the kind of strategy game i would want to play. Its tedious… its designed so that you cant completely avoid losing from time to time. Some actions are just met with random chances of “you lose now, start the scenario all over”. The story seems like maybe its ok, except i dont care about it because of how much i hate the gameplay.
Easy mode isnt much of an improvement, the game is still stacked against you and as tedious as can be.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2012-12-05

PM

This game is painful.
Please don’t waste your money on this.

Favorite Games: Blackwell Series, Gemini Rue, To the Moon, Yesterday.
Playing now: Gods Will Be Watching.
Next to play: Analogue: A Hate Story.

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2013-08-31

PM

I love pixel type throwbacks, enjoying them. But yea this game sounds pretty bad.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

This game’s definitely not an adventure. But on its easy mode, it can be pretty enjoyable. At least it was for me.

Anyhow, last month developers released Epilogue DLC, which expands upon story’s mythology. If you liked original, I’d recommend you to finish DLC. It’s free, last about two hours and easier (on easy mode) than original (on easy mode).

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top