• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Place that quote!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Jabod - 28 July 2014 09:09 AM

That’s got to be from the end of Keepsake

That’s got to be correct Thumbs Up

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I’d have probably recognised it straight away Izno but you keeping the “coughs” in certainly helped. I hope Diego didn’t read it though Tongue

New one:

That’s why I say you’re a blockhead *******
How could you let such a thing happen. The man was innocent!
What do you think the press are going to say about all this?
Now get out of here! Get the hell out of my sight!

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Screwing up badly in L.A. Noire?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Not played La Noire Timo but, from what I know of it, not a bad guess; however it’s a for you.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Yeah, I figured as much. Couldn’t be sure, though, since I didn’t really screw up any cases (at least not badly) in L.A. Noire.
But I kinda feel like it’s the right genre.

I’m gonna guess a Police Quest game next. Police Quest: Open Season ???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

A conversation with Moseley in GK1?

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Tim and Zifnab -

As far as genre goes then Zifnab is far closer (which should help).

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Let’s add some more from a little further into the game. The first quote was between two of the major NPCs at the start of the game. This time the main character is being addressed:

****** we’ve got a bit of a problem. We’ve had an innocent man locked up in jail. Regrettably he was killed in prison before we could correct our mistake. Unfortunate affair.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I’m going to take a wild guess at Alter Ego, though it is probably completely wrong.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

You’ve given me yet another chance to admit to a game I’ve not played Izno. Sadly that means it’s a for you as well.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Time for something further into the game. This is a conversation between the two playable characters in the game:

What, what happened?

***** is that you? Do you recognise me?

Of course I recognise you! Bloody hell, what’s going on? Oh my god I’m feeling sick. Everything’s spinning.

I had to hit you over the head. You were acting like a madman.

Wait. I just have to get it together for a moment. Oh ******** you can’t imagine what I’ve gone through here.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

This next chunk is taken from some way into the game where a serious plot twist has taken place. Conversation between a (helpful) NPC and the main character. NPC is in blue:

He used a bewitched staff to summon the power. If we find that staff **** will not be able to perform his ritual.

Where could he be keeping it? I’ve searched the whole monastery and found nothing.

The temples. We must go to the temples.

How do we get there? I haven’t seen any exit.

The Christian monks built this monastery in such a way that it is only accessible through a secret tunnel. ***** used that to his advantage as it allows him to control us. Anyone wishing to leave the monastery is blindfolded and guided by ***** himself. Nobody can leave here without *****.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Hm. Could it be Broken Sword 4?

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Played 1 and 2 - loved them. Started 3 - couldn’t get past the rock face climb right at the beginning mainly because I hated the interface. Broken Sword 4 - never played at all Zifnab so, I suppose it could be from there as well but it isn’t what I’m thinking of Smile

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

What’s up with you lot?!  Tongue

This has gone on for long enough so I’m going back to earlier in the game and quote from a sequence that leads up to a well known puzzle answer that annoyed just about everybody who played the game. Main character talking to an NPC. NPC in blue:

Hello my friend.

Eh!?

Can I help you somehow?

Help? Help? No-one can help me.

Hey, don’t despair. Everybody has a hard time now and then. Maybe I can do something for you.

Oh just leave it. I’ve lost everything. Everything. No money, no flat, no future. I’m finished, simply finished.

What do you need most urgently?

What do I need? I need a drink. Hey mightn’t you have a couple of pounds for me?

There’s money in your hat there. Isn’t that enough for a bottle of gut rot?

Oh no. Those Pennies wouldn’t feed a parking meter.

Life is what it is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top