• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Inherit the Earth: Sand and Shadows - ask your questions here

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2005-01-24

PM

Hi, this is Joe Pearce, owner of The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co.

I have started this topic as a place for you to post questions about Inherit the Earth: Sand and Shadows and the currently running funding drive on Kickstarter for the game.

If you have questions about the first game, Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb, or the webcomic sequel, I’ll answer those too!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

First question and please excuse my sharpness, where on earth did you guys record the voice (the guy who speaks) on the Kickstarter trailer/promotion ..excuses me again but that is enough to show how ‘not’ serious you guys are about making this one, and i am really ‘really’ sorry to say that this reluanch wont work like the earlier one.

Joined 2005-01-24

PM

Since you say “voice” and not “person” I assume you have unfortunately found the cancelled first Kickstarter from last year (titled “Inherit the Earth 2”). The correct, current Kickstarter is titled “Inherit the Earth: Sand and Shadows”.

I would love to delete that old Kickstarter to avoid such confusion, but that is not possible.

And we are very serious!

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just pledged.  Best of luck with the campaign!  I own two copies of Quest for the Orb (for Mac OS 9 and 10) and have enjoyed playing the game several times over the years.  I hope the adventure will continue.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Why does this look so different from the original? I understand you have increased the resolution, but it seems.. so unfinished. I hope it’s just an early prototype.

But why use fonts like that? That’s Arial, right? And it’s lacking a lot of animation frames and detail. Also, will you use speech too?

This one looked so much more beautiful.. But I hope you can pull this off.

Best of luck to you!

- Atle

Last Completed
Kelvin and the Infamous Machine ★★★

Currently Playing
The Night of the Rabbit 20% ★★★★★
Fran Bow 80% ★★★★
Batman: A Telltale Game Series 40% ★★★★★
Kelvin and the Infamous Machine 25% ★★★★

Next Up
Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse (40%) on hold
The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles
Runaway: A Twist of Fate 50% (on hold)

Joined 2005-01-24

PM

jannar85 - 19 July 2014 09:44 PM

Why does this look so different from the original? I understand you have increased the resolution, but it seems.. so unfinished. I hope it’s just an early prototype.

But why use fonts like that? That’s Arial, right? And it’s lacking a lot of animation frames and detail. Also, will you use speech too?

This one looked so much more beautiful.. But I hope you can pull this off.

Best of luck to you!

You are correct in that the demo is using prototype (or concept) art. The final art and animations will be more detailed. The Arial font is a placeholder, of course.

Professional voice acting—definitely. That is mentioned in the project video and on the project page.

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

Hi Joe,
thanks a lot for coming here and answering our questions.
I think the presentation is better than last time, but I would have wished to see at least one screen in final quality. Right now you will have a very hard time convincing new people that you can deliver a quality product. I know that must seem unfair, after all you already made the beautiful first part, but unfortunately we had to witness more than one veteran game designer stumble lately.
So is there any chance to see finished art, in an update perhaps?

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

wyrmkeep - 19 July 2014 10:05 PM

You are correct in that the demo is using prototype (or concept) art. The final art and animations will be more detailed. The Arial font is a placeholder, of course.

Professional voice acting—definitely. That is mentioned in the project video and on the project page.

Thank you Smile I’d be interested in seeing something final too. That would probably help a lot for the project. I know a lot of friends of mine, that loved the original, but don’t know what they would expect yet from this sequel. So they are waiting to see if there’s something new, final stuff before backing this project.

I was a bit curious myself, if it’s possible to play this one without the RPG elements in it? I played the first game years ago, but the RPG elements ruined the game for me (Yes, I hate RPG - hah!). I understand that the RPG elements are part of the game, but would it be any possibility to turn those off? I’m more of a story-guy Smile I might just pick this up for my iPad, to give it another go.. Smile

- Atle

Last Completed
Kelvin and the Infamous Machine ★★★

Currently Playing
The Night of the Rabbit 20% ★★★★★
Fran Bow 80% ★★★★
Batman: A Telltale Game Series 40% ★★★★★
Kelvin and the Infamous Machine 25% ★★★★

Next Up
Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse (40%) on hold
The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles
Runaway: A Twist of Fate 50% (on hold)

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2013-08-31

PM

Good luck! Game looks great.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I just want to echo the need to provide some details of how the chracter and game art will look like in the final game. The comments I have seen are not very favourable towards the proto design looks, so the first thing you should do is to provide better details on the subject of final game art.

Joined 2005-01-24

PM

Totally reasonable requests. Working on it.

Joined 2005-01-24

PM

jannar85 - 19 July 2014 10:43 PM

I was a bit curious myself, if it’s possible to play this one without the RPG elements in it? I played the first game years ago, but the RPG elements ruined the game for me (Yes, I hate RPG - hah!). I understand that the RPG elements are part of the game, but would it be any possibility to turn those off? I’m more of a story-guy Smile I might just pick this up for my iPad, to give it another go.. Smile

I never thought of Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb as having RPG elements. On the spectrum of genres, I would think that the it was squarely in the adventure game category.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Yes, I don’t think one could call Inherit the Earth as being an RPG. It’s firmly an adventure and a very good one at that.
The only element I didn’t like was the large maze in the Rat caves. I’ve backed the game and I really hope this kickstarter will come through!

By the way, @wyrmkeep, there’s a good science fiction book written in French “Les fables de l’humpur” by Pierre Bordage with a similar world to Inherit the Earth… If you can find a translation, I definitely recommend it…

Joined 2005-01-24

PM

There are only a few mazes in the new game, and there is only one case where you might need to navigate it more than once.

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

Will this game be darker than the first one, similar to the original design?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wyrmkeep.
I am sorry about my earlier post (there nothing wrong about being wrong and saying it) I said that because of my enthusiasm and fear for this project not seeing the light, the voice recorded quality had fooled me into thinking that its no match for the goal required there.
I watched today your post at your page there on fb, for the soundtrack recording’ session, and the setup, esp. that Bluebird mic used there, showed me how professional and series you guys are about this project.
cheers and good luck.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top