• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Secondary character you like more than protagonist or main villain

Total Posts: 161

Joined 2007-09-11

PM

I am not sure have anyone else experienced something like this. At least this post gives me opportunity to confess my dark secret -i like Largo LaGrande more than zombified version of LeChuck. Or any resurrected version of LeChuck.

Total Posts: 2070

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I fully agree with you on Largo! I always thought he was underrated compared to LeChuck. Although my favourite secondary character from Monkey Island and generally adventure games I guess is Wally the cartographer, also the one from Monkey Island 2 (in Curse he is rather strange and unlikable).

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’d actually love to play through Monkey Island 1 & 2 with Elaine. It always seemed that she had an interesting story of her own going on while Guybrush was doing his thing.

Joined 2007-09-11

PM

tomimt - 23 April 2014 01:13 PM

I’d actually love to play through Monkey Island 1 & 2 with Elaine. It always seemed that she had an interesting story of her own going on while Guybrush was doing his thing.

Curse got it really wrong. First making her mere trophy by turning her into golden statue. Then marrying her off to Guybrush whom she likes more in parental way.

Total Posts: 200

Joined 2006-05-29

PM

tomimt - 23 April 2014 01:13 PM

She also doesn’t fit in with typical videogame female character stereotypes - years before this was a major zeitgeisty discussion topic - and could easily shoulder the weight of being the protagonist.

Joined 2007-09-11

PM

noknowncure - 23 April 2014 01:21 PM

She also doesn’t fit in with typical videogame female character stereotypes - years before this was a major zeitgeisty discussion topic - and could easily shoulder the weight of being the protagonist.

Arguably, Rosella was intented as such protagonist. Is Rosella’s character in KQIV something more than Graham in dress? It is debatable.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

noknowncure - 23 April 2014 01:21 PM

She definetly was far more capable hero than Guybrush ever was. Elaine always was in control of the situation in MI 1+2. And while I do like MI3 it was a bummer Elaine wasn’t given an adventure of her own on the background there.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Zanthia was like that too, especially after the infantile Brandon and with the stupid Marko character around, who was supposed to represent her love interest.

Joined 2007-09-11

PM

Doom - 23 April 2014 01:41 PM

Zanthia was like that too, especially after the infantile Brandon and with the stupid Marko character around, who was supposed to represent her love interest.

While both Kyrandia sequels have intresting protagonists, fantasy world itself seems to have changed in them into something different from one in first game.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Well, in Kyrandia 1 we are shown only a small part of the world. Kyrandia is just an island, even smaller than Great Britain.

Joined 2007-09-11

PM

Doom - 23 April 2014 02:01 PM

Well, in Kyrandia 1 we are shown only a small part of the world. Kyrandia is just an island, even smaller than Great Britain.

First part seems less surreal. Plus that Nature turning to Brandon for help bit is neat.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I doubt Kyrandia ever was that well thought of place, they were making up stuff as they went forward just like Roberta did with King’s Quest.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Monkey Island 2 was also much darker than No1, and Curse of Monkey Island was made by a completely different team… I’m not sure there are that many sequels that were conceived during the production of original games. Except maybe for Gabriel Knight and Tex Murphy.

Joined 2007-09-11

PM

Oh, Countess de Vasconcellos and her family story is really touching in BS1 compared to lighthearted tone of that game. And Khan is more intresting than neo-templars in first game any day.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top