• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabrielrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Blackwell Games

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I’d love to preorder it but I’d much rather get it on GOG rather than steam. Any chance of that happening?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I prefer GOG too but I couldn’t wait and preordered already. I’m gonna buy it to GOG from some sale eventually anyway. I think I have the three first games on Steam, Desura and GOG.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The game is now available for pre-order on gog

http://www.gog.com/game/the_blackwell_epiphany

It has some extras, don’t know if they are the same

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Aww, should have waited I guess. At least I’ll have cool achievements on Steam :p

Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ok, with Tex being delayed I decided to finally play this series and I really had fun with the first episode.  Pan me that i waited so long to play it. Rosangela character portrait is just the cutest thing Smile (also great voice acting).
Glad to read here that the series just gets better and better with each game, will try to play them until the release of Epiphany.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 18 April 2014 06:28 PM

Ok, with Tex being delayed I decided to finally play this series and I really had fun with the first episode.  Pan me that i waited so long to play it. Rosangela character portrait is just the cutest thing Smile (also great voice acting).
Glad to read here that the series just gets better and better with each game, will try to play them until the release of Epiphany.

im in the same boat, just started the 2nd episode… i dont know why i waited this long or never picked up on how cool this series is.

EDIT: iv played the 2nd game for a while now… and they really upped the puzzle quality in this one (and the puzzles in the first one werent bad). Really enjoying the story telling here too.

Total Posts: 188

Joined 2004-03-18

PM

Tomorrow on GOG the Blackwell Bundle will be 60%-75% off on GOG. You can go vote now if you want to try to push it up to 75%:

http://www.gog.com/gamerumble

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

wilco - 17 April 2014 12:10 PM

The game is now available for pre-order on gog

http://www.gog.com/game/the_blackwell_epiphany

It has some extras, don’t know if they are the same

Cool, now I can preorder Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 18 April 2014 06:29 PM

im in the same boat, just started the 2nd episode… i dont know why i waited this long or never picked up on how cool this series is.

EDIT: iv played the 2nd game for a while now… and they really upped the puzzle quality in this one (and the puzzles in the first one werent bad). Really enjoying the story telling here too.

Just finished the 3rd episode. The second had a much darker tone because of Lauren but all of them had a great atmosphere. The soundtrack gets better and better.  The mechanics/gameplay also seem to gradually get more varied, although there was one that they took out in the 3rd episode that I missed, concerning the notebook.
Great job with the side characters, loved the storytelling at the end of the 3rd episode.

Going to play Deception, hopefully going to be ready for Epiphany when it comes out. Still lots of answers to uncover

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished Deception, the story gone some weird places at end but I’m interested to see how it all wraps up in epiphany. Was happy to see the return of the notebook! And puzzles involving sinergy between Rosa and Joey were the best.
Epileptic fish!!

Epiphany is available now:

http://www.gog.com/game/blackwell_epiphany_the

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Unfortunately I’ve been up for almost 30 hours now, so Epiphany has to wait another day. I hope I can squeeze it in tomorrow since I’ll be too busy after that again Frown

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Started Epiphany and I’m loving it so far. Background and animations are just gorgeous and definitely superior to its predecessors. I love these small details such as passing cars in the distance, moving shadows in some random windows, the steps in the snow. I also find the faces way better than those in Deception.
Don’t know why I like these series so much. They just set me in the right mood Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Great ending. Wraps the story nicely in the longest and a touching episode.

Love how thought out puzzles in the series are, you never get really stuck for long but makes you carefully think the next step to pregress.

I give it Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Wow, just finished Blackwell Epiphany. So good, the best in the series. I give it 4.5 out of 5. I did a replay of Deception before playing this one, and I think that really helped a lot, and made me appreciate Epiphany even more. I also enjoyed Deception even more during my second playthrough. It is also a really good game, with some easy, but very satisfying puzzles.

Too bad the series is over. I really wish Dave Gilbert contines making games with that New York Noir feel. Would pretty cool if he would make a new series based in New York in the 30s. Smile

@wilco
I really agree with you that the puzzles are very well thought out. Not really hard, but still very satisfying. They do make you think, and plan your steps/progress in the game. Smile  Smile

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have just finished Blackwell Epiphany and… Buy It, Play It and Rejoice

Need I say more?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top