• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

PS4 or XB1??

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

wilco - 25 March 2014 10:15 AM

1 year delay for a lot of countries for the Xbone, why would anyone care about it at this point? Microsoft clearly doesn’t care about those consumers…

Come now, in my opinion this argument is always a little bit silly - it’s a corporation, and whether it’s Sony or Microsoft or whatever, a corporation cares about consumers simply and purely as sources of income. Every decision is a business decision, pure and simple.

Anyway, you’re hard to come by either console here. I guess MS wanted to focus their stock in those main markets so that everyone who wants one gets one, while Sony thinned it out more, as a result of which it’s sold out in most places. So, either way, you can’t get either console in stores here Wink

wilco - 25 March 2014 10:15 AM

Infamous: Second Son - the first big exclusive post launch date.

Ah, right, thanks. In fact, I just saw ads for it on some gaming site.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

UPtimist - 25 March 2014 01:25 PM

Come now, in my opinion this argument is always a little bit silly - it’s a corporation, and whether it’s Sony or Microsoft or whatever, a corporation cares about consumers simply and purely as sources of income. Every decision is a business decision, pure and simple.

Anyway, you’re hard to come by either console here. I guess MS wanted to focus their stock in those main markets so that everyone who wants one gets one, while Sony thinned it out more, as a result of which it’s sold out in most places. So, either way, you can’t get either console in stores here Wink

Yes, it’s a business decision, but it doesn’t change the fact that the console (and client support) is simply not available for the 2nd-tier countries for a full year. It’s not like they would have to ship a lot of units, the PS4 is available everywhere here and I’m sure Sony only shipped the bare minimum.
The question, if Microsoft doens’t care about releasing the console in those countries (and they have plenty of stock left), why would anyone here would care about the console 1 year later (and the cycle will go on)?
But it could be to manufacting problems or the lack of proper representation of Microsoft in most of Europe.

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

wilco - 25 March 2014 08:43 PM

The question, if Microsoft doens’t care about releasing the console in those countries (and they have plenty of stock left), why would anyone here would care about the console 1 year later (and the cycle will go on)?

Well, I mean, it’s not like the cycle is going to be very short, right? So anyone will care about the console for the same reason anyone cares about the console at any point…

Or am I missing something? Tongue (Which is always a possibility)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The cycle is - Microsoft does a half-baked launch of a new console in a lot of European countries - doesn’t give proper client support - Sony dominates the generation - low income for Microsoft - doens’t care about a proper launch again because it’s not worth it - Sony still dominates another generation.

There’s nothing really wrong here, except for the gamers that would want to play Dead Rising or Titanfall on the Xbone and have to wait a full year. (Of course importing could be a possibility)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Well M$ treats whole europe(besides UK) as 2 or 3 states of US and concentrated on
US as major tier. While Sony global penetration is high in small numbers, but with PS4
those numbers grew like anything. Sony dominating UK, france and according to
recent news Germany has become 3 billion market which Sony dominated too.

M$ dropped the ball again and now in panick mode.

i was inclined to M$ too initially but that 720p shit is non worhty, all games
looking inferior now wonder how they will catchup with future games.

I dont know alot about cloud technical shit but i sure know cloud can’t increase resolution or can it?? lol

Maybe they are selling at 399 because E3 will have surprise non kinect announcement.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I have a PS4 and it is collecting dust. It is also lacking a lot of features already available on the PS3( DLNA support, MP3 playback, sorting stuff in folders, etc… ). Anyone who wants to buy one, you are really not missing much at this point. Maybe in a year or so, they will have some must have games worth the purchase.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Order, ACUnity, Batman, Evilwihtin, Witness, Shadow of mordor, Alien, Dragon Age,
Deepdown. Provided that they dont delay.

Right now only Infamous and Wdogs in May to kill time.

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

There are some interesting reports that the update to DirectX12 would even double the XOne’s performance. Of course, one probably should take that with a good grain of salt, but it still sounds like the performance boost will be notable. They said that the update would reliably bring the XOne to 1080p (they talked about DX12 bringing multi-core processing, which will be the thing that really improves the performance).

Personally, I’ve never even understood what the DirectX does Grin (not that I’ve tried to), but it sure sounds interesting! I doubt the real effect will be doubling anything, but still, the plot thickens…

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Direct X is the application programming interface (API) that allows the software to communicate with the hardware. The importance of an API to performance is that if the API is limited, it won’t allow the developers to tap into the hardware strength and utilize its features. It could be that the XBOX1 has more power that devs can’t tap into right now because of software limitations. On the other hand, it could also be a marketing ploy.  We’ll have to wait and see.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

nomadsoul - 27 March 2014 04:21 AM

Order, ACUnity, Batman, Evilwihtin, Witness, Shadow of mordor, Alien, Dragon Age,
Deepdown. Provided that they dont delay.

Right now only Infamous and Wdogs in May to kill time.

I’m really hoping Wdogs will turn out great. Infamous was quite awesome, despite a few questionable design decisions.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Good news! MS has finally decided that other countries do exists http://news.xbox.com/2014/03/xbox-one-new-markets

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SHIT just got REALLZZZ Biaatch…:)

Microsoft announces Xbox One without Kinect for $399

First, beginning on June 9th, in all markets where Xbox One is sold, we will offer Xbox One starting at $399*. This is a new console option that does not include Kinect. For $399, our new Xbox One offering will continue to deliver access to the best blockbuster games

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

About time too! Now if only Nintendo would swallow their pride and drop the gamepad.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

nomadsoul - 13 May 2014 11:10 AM

SHIT just got REALLZZZ Biaatch…:)

Microsoft announces Xbox One without Kinect for $399

First, beginning on June 9th, in all markets where Xbox One is sold, we will offer Xbox One starting at $399*. This is a new console option that does not include Kinect. For $399, our new Xbox One offering will continue to deliver access to the best blockbuster games

Microsfot finally admits to getting shafted by Sony and is now panicing.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

It’s the right move, though. Might make a huge difference for them.

MS is also opening the apps for non-Gold users.

(Edit): Anyone have experience by now with both the controllers? I’m interested in hearing opinions, there aren’t really any comparisons I could find, except for very early tests back when they first came out. And they’re not comprehensive at all, or even helpful (since the quality difference has narrowed this time)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top