• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbCharophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword 5 - Episode 2

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Damn it, I’m enjoying the game a lot but got into a game breaking bug.

After (spoilers for part at the end I think) Marques died and knocking out the guard to exit the church the game crashes with the error message “More tha 1 <begin-scene> found - engine doesn’t know which to choose!”

If anyone can help, please, this is infuriating so close to the end!

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Just finished it.

Apart from the puzzles I mentioned earlier, I have very little to complain about. If you can’t enjoy this, then I’m afraid you simply don’t like Broken Sword. This has the charm of BS1 and 2 and the same historical theme throughout I felt.

Loved the little nods in the game to the fans and that one about BS4 Grin

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I just finished the game. And I can say it is a “hell-of-a-game”, in the good sense. I enjoyed it a lot. For me, who baked the Tesla Effect, Obliviun and Dreamfall: Chapters but not this one, it came out as a really surprise. Excellent work by Revolution and Cecil to bring us back the atmosphere of BS1 and BS2! I give it a 4.5 out of 5 to this one. Looking for BS6 and, this time, I’ll put my money on it.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Did anyone else talk…

To Duane about the last time they (him and George) met? ...They must not talk about it…It’s top secret Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Got past that nasty bug! And now to see the finale!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

And now I’m done. Lovely ending to a great game. Except for some annoying in this second part the game turned a lot better then I was expecting. Characters and backgrounds look amazing with a very nice story and pace.
I don’t think it was a very good decision to split it in half because of the loss of momentum but the whole game is lengthy and with a good difficulty curve with the puzzles in part 2 being a lot tougher.

Faourite puzzle was decoding the Tabula Veritas, took some time but felt great when finally got it.
And musical puzzles are usually my nemesis so took me a lot of time to get that one right.

In the end, great product of kickstarter, ready to back again a Revolution game

Bring Beneath a Steel Sky 2 now Smile

Karlok - 17 April 2014 05:44 PM

Spoiler alert. Don’t read if you haven’t played the game.
That Eva character did not add anything. Beats me why she was there at all.

Yeah, I agree, what an underdeveloped. Shears took less screen time but was a lot more fun Smile

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Wow, just finished episode 2, and I must say that I thought it was great. Some really strong and interesting puzzles, and the story really picked up. I replayed episode 1 before 2, and that was a good thing. I give ep 1 4 out of 5, and episode 2 4.5 out of 5. Overall game, I give it 4.5 out of 5. I must admit that I used a walk through for the music puzzle in ep 2, I hate those kind of puzzles. Otherwise some really fun and challenging puzzles in ep 2

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

To those who played it - does BS5 have any spoilers regarding BS4?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Maybe Eva was a little under developed, but I don’t think it was terrible or anything. She didn’t care for any of what was going on, only her father. She grew up having to listen to her father talk and deal with this huge task not really believing in it herself. Only after he died did she realise why this mattered so much to him and the responsibility they had. Perhaps an extra scene with Eva and her father arguing etc would of helped, but I don’t think she was far off.

The main thing that sticks in my mind is how George moved around so freely despite bring wanted by the french police. I’m guessing it’s fair to say they didn’t actually have anything on him (Laine saw him near the body; nothing else) and either other evidence was discovered (Langham being an imposter) or Navet didn’t have enough proof for his arrest.

diego - 18 April 2014 06:54 PM

To those who played it - does BS5 have any spoilers regarding BS4?

You’ll be fine. They don’t really bring up anything of the previous adventures.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 18 April 2014 06:02 PM

Faourite puzzle was decoding the Tabula Veritas, took some time but felt great when finally got it.
And musical puzzles are usually my nemesis so took me a lot of time to get that one right.

I really liked that alternate version of hotel scene from BS1, climbing
down the pole and using voice distraction , ending with item drop not in the
alley but on the head.

Background art is nearly perfect, imagine BASS2 cyberpunk with that detail.
Droool Yum

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2006-10-08

PM

Nice to see that many people seem to like BS5.

I´ll wait till end of May till the game gets a full boxed release.
First I´ll finish BS5 and a few days later Football World Cup in Brazil will start.

Good times Cool

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 18 April 2014 08:54 PM

I really liked that alternate version of hotel scene from BS1, climbing
down the pole and using voice distraction , ending with item drop not in the
alley but on the head.

Nice catch, I got stuck in that puzzle in this game took me a while to use the radio in the drain…

nomadsoul - 18 April 2014 08:54 PM

Background art is nearly perfect, imagine BASS2 cyberpunk with that detail.
Droool Yum

Yes! I hope they go for it even having missed the stretch goal. If they have to do another kickstarter I don’t think there would be any problem seeing people should have more confidence in the team.

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

I waited until the whole game was done and am now 40% through it… so still on what was episode 1 I believe. It’s taken me 6 hours so far at an ‘experienced adventure gamer’ pace, so I’m very happy with the length.

I have to say I’m delighted by how it’s turned out. It feels more like BS1 than any of the other sequels did. Visually, it’s stunning and has the beautiful Parisian mood and ambience that gripped me in BS1. The melodic ambient music compliments it perfectly.

It’s not a difficult game so far, but that doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

I’ve become quite cynical about Kickstarters after a few I backed turn out horribly or cancelled production after taking our money (I haven’t played Moebius yet, that’s next). But this has given me faith in the concept again, as long as the projects are in capable hands.

If they need Kickstarter backing for Broken Sword 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10, I’m in. Smile

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

What a game!Broken Sword 5 was one of the greatest adventures of the
decade imo.Everything looks so damn good, that if all game developers
decide to make BS games only, I could live with that.
Voice acting was superb in combination with very interesting story
and awesome graphic, that game is real gem.
Puzzles are a bit harder in the episode 2, but mostly likable and funny thing
is that the only puzzle I really find annoying was Tabula Veritas.
There was one game chrashing bug toward the end, but nothing serious.
Overall bs5 gets 5/5 from me Laughing

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

If the game continues like this and doesn’t end with a dud it will make its way onto my top 15 fav adventure game list. Even better, I will put it ahead of BS1.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top