• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Place that quote!

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

It’s Ultar from Broken Sword(1).

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Quite right! I had a great back up quote ready too but you guessed it. Good thing too, I can talk about finishing the BS1 replay now (or the first play of remastered edition really).

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

New one.

Run, freak boy. Get out of here. I don’t want to see you around here no more (cackles).

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Ooops! I took that quote from the “extras” file which most people probably wouldn’t have seen. So, a correction. Same game, same scene, same (minor) character. This time the quote from the game proper.

Freak! Monster! I saw you. I saw you when they brought you in. I saw your guts.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Same scene & character, a few moments on:

Abomination. Mutant. Freak. I curse you with the black death. For you, oh vile wretch. My vile and filthy blood for you. Drink me! Drink me!

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

How about a different scene? Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

there’s no way that this game could be called something different than The Freak o’ Nature .

guys, do you think I would be kickedout someday for over-trolling?, or Jack doesn’t mind as long I do not use the f word.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

diego - 22 April 2014 06:20 AM

How about a different scene? Grin

Tell you what Diego. I’ll compromise Innocent

This is the main character talking to a nurse just after the above dialogue. This is from a very well known AG.

Main character:

Nurse. Nurse, what am I doing here? Why am I Here? I don’t belong here.

Nurse:

Shut up whacko.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Runaway III ??

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Advie - 22 April 2014 10:49 AM

Runaway III ??

Much older I’m afraid Advie. The game that the quotes come from was released in the Nineties.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Let’s try to add something extra.

Very shortly after the above a group of office workers are together including the main character. The following is said by the office manager:

This is ridiculous. I don’t care what Paul said I want you all to go home right now.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

This comes from immediately before the Freak comments and is what triggered that particular scene:

Tom:
Cut the dramatics Paul. Your time here is up.

Paul:
You are a dead man Ravell

Neither of the above are the main character but one is a leading character.

And as an extra clue (as this has gone on for long enough) the game is an FMV one.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

OK, now even Tom, Paul and Ravell Dick and Harry can guess it - Phantasmagoria 2 Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Yes that’s true Diego but the quiz is to place the quote - or at least the scene that it’s from.
But! Don’t worry. I really couldn’t put us through any more of this.

The initial quotes were from when Curtis was in the psychiatric(!) ward strapped to a wheelchair and was being spoken(!) to by the small woman hiding under the table and biting her wrists ‘till they poured blood. The last quote was Curtis overhearing Tom and Paul arguing in Paul’s office which triggered a fainting attack/nightmare which dropped Curtis into said ward and the quote prior to that was just after Curtis had come round and Tom sending everybody home (thus leaving himself alone in the office with someone who had threatened to kill him. I wonder what happened next?)

Right. Quote away young sir.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Jabod - 24 April 2014 09:18 AM

Yes that’s true Diego but the quiz is to place the quote - or at least the scene that it’s from.

Hmmm… let’s see what Mr. Roman has to say about this:

“It’s simple, someone writes a line of dialogue from a game and we have to guess which game it’s from.” Tongue

Next:

I’ve been so broke over the last few months, I couldn’t pay attention.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top