• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Obduction Coming … Is Anyone Excited? 

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Lady Kestrel - 24 August 2016 11:36 PM

[sigh] I have to wait for the Mac version to be released.  I hope it’ll be soon.

Backers already have the Mac version. But it has even more bugs.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

From reviews it seems like they delivered wat fans wanted.
Great ratings.
Apparently, it will give a challenge to Witness.
Successful KS, congrats to Randmiller.
I will wait for ps4, i dont think my rig can pass it through.
Nor i have braincells now for hard puzzles.
Some hard puzzles are being reported.

@wilco

Review it when you complete it, esp tell about locations variety.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The game is great, was hooked on it yesterday for more than 5 hours, kept making solid progress until I got stuck and called it a night. But already have some ideas of what to try so can’t wait to get back to it again
Great visuals.
The music is amazing

Karlok - 24 August 2016 09:10 PM

EDIT: Changed the language once, clicked resume, loading, changed language again. That did the trick.

I have to do that always on starting up or it gets stuck in loading, after that it works fine except for some problems with the photos that sometimes don’t let me access them.Btw, great feature letting you taking photos instead of having to write down stuff.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yes, I have problems with the photos as well, so I resorted to good old notetaking. Definitely one of the few great Kickstarter games. Smile

Wilco, question: After I’d turned the power on I couldn’t use that small elevator where you can get close to the red beam anymore. Makes no sense to me. Did that happen to you too? I sure hope it’s not a bug.

Something I don’t care for: the backer reward items. I’m glad the game tells me, or I would think they have meaning. But I wish they were not there at all.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 25 August 2016 06:07 AM

Wilco, question: After I’d turned the power on I couldn’t use that small elevator where you can get close to the red beam anymore. Makes no sense to me. Did that happen to you too? I sure hope it’s not a bug.

Something I don’t care for: the backer reward items. I’m glad the game tells me, or I would think they have meaning. But I wish they were not there at all.

Also couldn’t use it but I don’t think it’s a bug, I think it’s just not needed after you activate the water gate. Definitely don’t need it to shut the red beam

Also don’t care for the backer reward items, wish there was a way to deactivate them

Total Posts: 510

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

I’m at work now so I cannot check, but I seem to remember an option to deactivate backer stuff. I did.

No problems with loading for me (AMD graphics and CPU).

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Veovis - 25 August 2016 06:55 AM

I’m at work now so I cannot check, but I seem to remember an option to deactivate backer stuff. I did.

There is! Didn’t noticed it, thanks

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I also have the loading screen bug everytime I start the game. The fixing (change the language) works always. Other than that, no bugs. For those who have concerns about the specs of the game, I can tell you that the game run in my computer (I7, 4GB RAM, Geforce GTX460 1GB, Win 7 64) with no problems, using medium graphics.

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Time to put on nostalgia goggles again cant help myself but loading..

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Karlok - 24 August 2016 11:53 PM
Lady Kestrel - 24 August 2016 11:36 PM

[sigh] I have to wait for the Mac version to be released.  I hope it’ll be soon.

Backers already have the Mac version. But it has even more bugs.

Hmmm.  I am a backer, but I missed that (maybe with the changeover to my new computer).  If it’s so buggy, I may wait to get it anyway.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

UruBoo - 25 August 2016 07:28 AM

(I7, 4GB RAM, Geforce GTX460 1GB, Win 7 64) with no problems, using medium graphics.

i will rely on this piece of (advice) info and will buy it tonight.

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Feels like an early access game ,auto configured to epic but hiccups here and there etc..Graphically no where near Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture and ambiance is no where near The Vanishing of Ethan Carter,actually looks like Zork’s spiritual successor rather than Myst.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Big update started on Steam, hoping for some fixes since I’ve been finding some bugs here and there, nothing game breaking so far but since it auto-saves I’m always wondering if I’ll get stuck on a bug.
Still having a good time, puzzles are tough

Edit: Well, still have to do use the language trick to load the game…

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Gabe - 25 August 2016 05:11 PM

Feels like an early access game ,auto configured to epic but hiccups here and there etc..Graphically no where near Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture and ambiance is no where near The Vanishing of Ethan Carter,actually looks like Zork’s spiritual successor rather than Myst.

I don’t understand why anyone would call Obduction Zork’s “spiritual successor” when it has nothing in common with the Zork universe of magic and wizards, the Zork atmosphere, its humor, and its inventory puzzles.

wilco - 25 August 2016 07:51 PM

Big update started on Steam, hoping for some fixes since I’ve been finding some bugs here and there, nothing game breaking so far but since it auto-saves I’m always wondering if I’ll get stuck on a bug.
Still having a good time, puzzles are tough

Edit: Well, still have to do use the language trick to load the game…

The patch was supposed to fix the language bug but they rolled back the update for the time being because there were reports of broken save files.

I’d hoped they would do something about the voices and the “static”. I found listening to the tape recordings at Farley’s unpleasant, although I can understand what they’re saying.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

wilco - 25 August 2016 06:34 AM
Karlok - 25 August 2016 06:07 AM

Also couldn’t use it but I don’t think it’s a bug, I think it’s just not needed after you activate the water gate. Definitely don’t need it to shut the red beam

Also don’t care for the backer reward items, wish there was a way to deactivate them

Not a bug. You redirected the water and the waterfall that was powering tha small lift shuts off.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top