• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretinrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Duke Grabowski, Mighty Swashbuckler! Point-and-click fun! Kickstarter

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2008-10-18

PM

Yesterday Bill and Gene answered questions at the german adventure-treff forum.

Questions and answers all in english. Some of them quite interesting imo. Smile

Link

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

It be talk like a pirate day arrrrrr. SO yee all should join us, show yarr support and have a grog with all us scallywags in the comments arrrrrr.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Yarr!

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

A great prize is up for grabs on the Duke Grabowski kickstarter. All you need to do is simply name a monkey and you can win an original sketch of the Chicken Shop from Curse of Monkey Island that was never used in the game! You need to be a backer to enter but you can easily pledge a dollar just to take part in the competition:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/venture-moon/duke-grabowski-mighty-swashbuckler-point-and-click/posts

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

Duke kickstarter saw an amazing update yesterday. Where do I begin!

1.MTV’s Teen Wolf writer and Lucas Arts alum Alyssa Clark will be writing dialog for Duke!
2.Dave Grossman, famous Lucas Arts and Tell Tale alum, will be helping with the gameplay and puzzle design.
3.Bill will send out a digital PDF booklet of all the maps he has done to those pledging at the $100 ‘Trusted Confidant’ tier or higher. It should have at least ten maps in it, probably more.
4.Name that Ape Contest! Yep, name the ape illustrated by Jean-Louis Sirois below and win a prize: an original sketch of the Chicken Shop from Curse of Monkey Island that was never used in the game!

Best update I have ever seen on kickstarter. It was a joy to read.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Dave Grossman? Now that’s a very nice get. I’m glad I backed this. Bill’s 2D art is always amazing and with some input from a legend like Dave I’m sure the game will feel that much better.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Dave Grossman too, nice! SmileI’m starting to have high hopes for this game, though it still needs some more backers… I’ll be devastated if it doesn’t succeed Frown

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

9 days to go and nearly at 28k! 12,087k left to raise. Monday is going to be the last week of the project. 12k is not that much in terms of crowdfunding, I am confident Duke can make it, however I would like to make a final plea to all the advednturers around to get behind the project and help it to be successfull. Not only will Duke be a rewarding, fun homage to point and click, with all the talented people working on it, but we should also look ahead. In helping make Duke a reality you will be paving the way for bigger and better projects from Venture Moon Industries. So please if you are unable to support Duke financialy, spread the word. Your time can be just as important as a pledge, in fact a single tweet in certain circumstances could bring in more then anyone could pledge alone. Please spend some time today for Duke and Venture Moon Industries will bring us many hours of entertainment for years to come.

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Great news that Dave Grossman is joining in. Made me pledge! (Well, I probably would have either way, but still!) Grin

Go Duke!

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

Duke is in its last week! Fingers crossed.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

There’s been a good few days now, and it’s looking quite promising, if the Kicktraq curve raises just slightly, we’ll make it!

Larry Ahern, who did the character design for Curse of Monkey Island will, along with Dave Grossman, appear as pirates in the game. I gotta say, looking at Larry Aherns photo, doesn’t he look quite a bit like TCOMI’s Guybrush? Smile

Anyway Duke Grabowski is on it’s final week at Kickstarter, with funding levels just above 75%. Please consider pledging if you can.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Upped my plegde. Let’s do this!

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

Thank you Wilco! It is really encouraging to keep seeing the gap towards the goal decreasing, so every cent is really appreciated. 6 days left, Duke has hit 75% and would really benefit from a last drive, so please spread the word on your social media, if you can spare even a single dollar it all adds up. Duke is so close and it would be a huge shame if it did not make it after comming this far. Give adventure games more presence by helping Duke become a reality. A small investment in the short term can lead to so much in the future.

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

Do wonders ever cease! do they! How much more talent can they squeeze into this game!

Bill Tiller
Gene Mocsey
Jeremiah Grant
Dave Grossman
Alyssa Clark

and now! They have Mike Cachuela who made the story boards for Nightmare before christmas, James and the Giant peach andddd Toy story. How this is not at 40k yet I shall never know!

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Yeap, great news! Grin He also did the storyboards for The Incredibles, Ratatouille and and Coraline, which are some of my favourite animated movies! Like you said, HOW is this not yet at 40k ??

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top