• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoIronCretinJdawg445TimovieMan

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Playthrough #7-Drawn: Dark Flight

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’ve lit the first beacon. I think I have four red scarves so far. I like the windmill painting—it’s one I remember from the first time I played.

In the first game, I thought it was only hinted at that Iris is a princess and what seemed to be emphasized was that the King and Chancellor were interested in her because of her magical powers. The book we discovered late in the first game indicated that Iris’ parents were royalty, but it wasn’t quite as “in your face” as it is in this game.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Izno,
As I said, the deadline is not set in stone.  I didn’t have a good feel for how long each section would take everyone, which is why I gave it a week.  As far as discussion time, I just wanted to prevent anyone posting spoilers while some were still playing.  That doesn’t mean text, which we can hide, but pictures.  I have several I wanted to put up, but I’ll wait until we start the next part. 

If everyone is ready, we can start the next section tomorrow.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Where do we stop?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I have a feeling I wont be falling behind anymore with Drawn playthroughs as my daughter keeps bugging me to play them Grin

Too bad there really aren’t any Finnish translations for games like these so she could enjoy them also without my help.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m glad your daughter is enjoying it, Millenia.  She’s lucky to have mom to translate for her. Smile

Well now that we’ve shed some light on the situation, let’s begin the next section.  This one took me a bit longer than the first, so let’s give it until Tuesday, March 10 for everyone to light the second beacon.  Feel free to discuss things with spoiler tags along the way, but save your screenshots until most are finished.  As usual, let me know how you’re progressing.

There is much to explore and more doors to open.  There is also the difficult puzzle I mentioned in the beginning.  Just remember when most parts of the second beacon puzzle are completed that the nose is the key to success.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think the puzzles may be harder. But I definitely do think they are less fully explained. For example, the Candle puzzle. The basic direction was that not all candles had to be lit. You were pretty much left to your own devices to figure out what the solution was supposed to look like. I figured that there were two possible symmetrical solutions. When the first didn’t work, I tried the second, which fortunately did. Note: When I first looked at the board I only looked at the two that made sense. Who knows how may total possible solutions there are. Well, you could start by counting the number of candles and start multiplying backwards to get the total number of permutations and combinations. I figured the designers weren’t that sadistic.

And catching the red books was more like an arcade sequence than a puzzle. Particularly because the book-catching tool went back to inventory if you missed.

This may be a slog! At my current rate, I may need the full seven days.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Tim,
Regarding the candle puzzle, there’s a clue you must have missed.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ok. I have just lit the 2nd beacon. I have entirely forgotten the colour puzzle Lady K referred to, but as soon as I saw it, I remembered it. And instantly pressed the “skip” button of course! If anyone elsed managed to solve it, then he/she has my utter respect.

As for the storyline, the king reminded me of Darth Vader in the end…

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I solved it this time around, Sefir.  Most of it is not difficult as long as you remember to shut the appropriate doors when draining the colors.  For the very last bit, however, when the drains are blocked with the yellow cheeks, you need to have red in the bottom part of the nose.  I struggled with that part until I realized this. The ah-ha moment was worth it.

I like your comparison with Vader. Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve also lit the second beacon. And I, too, skipped the color puzzle. I was tempted to look at a walkthrough to see how it was done, but figured I would probably end up skipping anyway, so why bother?

I really liked the puzzles in the children’s room. They, along with finishing the pop-up book, were well coordinated.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, I like the children’s room puzzles as well. 

Edit:  I just redid the 2nd beacon puzzle.  It took me just under 15 minutes, which was quite a bit faster than the last time.  One of the things I didn’t realize the first time I played the game was that the drains in the ears have two doors, and the lower one is used the most.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 04 March 2015 11:09 AM

Ok. I have just lit the 2nd beacon. I have entirely forgotten the colour puzzle Lady K referred to, but as soon as I saw it, I remembered it. And instantly pressed the “skip” button of course! If anyone elsed managed to solve it, then he/she has my utter respect.

BOW BEFORE THE MASTER OF PUZZLE SOLVING!
Okay Lady Kestrel also solved it… so… THE MASTERS… plural form - But bow you must.

It wasn’t easy, and I think it took me almost a full hour, at least more than half an hour - But I actually enjoyed the puzzle, it is probably the most fun puzzle in the game so far imo.

I managed to solve it 99% without too much difficult, but then I got completely stumped, I only needed to fill the right ear (from my perspective) with green, but I simply couldn’t figure out how to do that with out destroying everything. I stared at it for something like 10 minutes, slowly moving the cursor towards the skip button, but then I realised 3 things:

1) There was no way it could be solved by leaving the ear as the last one left.
2) There was a second drain point on each side of the head. So far I had always used the ears to drain the colours, but now I realised you could also do it from the cheek. This is probably something that I should have realised sooner, but up until now it hadn’t been necessary
3) Mixing a blended colour with one of its base colours, doesn’t change anything.

Realising these 3 things, I quickly saw what I had to do.

[spoiler]Drain most of the right side of the face undoing what I had done, making sure to keep the yellow in the cheek and purple above the eye. Fill the cheekbone, right of the eye and the nose tip with yellow and close of the nose tip so we have a storage of yellow there. Fill the ear with blue and mix it with the yellow to make it green. Close of the ear and drain the cheek, cheekbone and right of the eye through the second drain point in the check. Fill the check and cheekbone with yellow from the nosetip, fill the nosetip and cheekbone with orange, and finally the area right of the eye with purple.[/spoiler] - Simple once you realise the 3 things I mentioned.

Okay I did skip the candle puzzle, but that thing simply annoyed the hell out of me Angry
I had seen the clue as to what form we had to create, and I did get the basic idea. But then whenever I got close to the solution, I accidentally pulled the wrong lever, simply because I kept forgetting which lever did what. Would it be too much to ask to place the levers relative to what they actually did, instead just on each side of the table?

Anyway for now, I just wanted to brag about solving the colour puzzle, I will return and write more about the game later.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thumbs Up Yay, Izno!  Nice work!  Regarding the ear drains, see my post above yours.  It took me a while to figure that out as well. 

One of the good things about that puzzle is that up until you color the cheeks, you can flood most of the areas with a color to get to one particular section, close the appropriate doors, and then drain the unneeded stuff out.  If you start at the outer points and work in, it comes together pretty easily.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

This candle puzzle is really making my head spin. I have taken a break for now. Don’t know if I should look forward to the colour puzzle or not… I’m beginning to see what you mean with the puzzles being harder in this game.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve encountered puzzles with the same structure as the candle one in other games I’ve played and was very frustrated with them.  I ended up looking up a strategy solution for one, which helped with this one and others.  However, using the wrong lever still messes up the pattern.  I solved it once but skipped it this last time.  It’s not my favorite kind of puzzle.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top