• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Group H -  The BAG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

TimovieMan - 18 December 2014 04:15 PM

Danganronpa (and its sequel) make me sad I don’t own a PSP, and The Cat Lady looks right up my alley as well. And the other two are also on my list of games to play… Tongue

It’s time to jump aboard the Vita train, Tim!

A refurbished Vita shouldn’t be all that expensive any longer, and there’s quite a few gems to play at this point, with more to come (more Corpse Party!)  Laughing

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

I don’t need a time machine with the Case of the Serrated Scalpel.

7 - Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Serrated Scalpel
5 - Gemini Rue
3 - The Longest Journey
2 - The Cat Lady
1 - The Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

7 - Gemini Rue
5 - The Journeyman Project 2
3 - Sherlock Holmes

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

7 Zork Nemesis
5 JP2
3 Sherlock Holmes

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Zork Nemesis - 7
Danganronpa - 5
Gemini Rue - 3
Longest Journey - 2

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

The Longest Journey 7
Zork: Nemesis 5
Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time 3
Sherlock Holmes Case of the Serrated Scalpel 2
The Cat Lady 1

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

7 The Longest Journey
5 Gemini Rue
3 Danganronpa
2 The Cat Lady

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

A refurbished Vita shouldn’t be all that expensive any longer, and there’s quite a few gems to play at this point, with more to come (more Corpse Party!)

I bought a used one for $129 and $129-159 is still viable. It’s the Nintendo DS of it’s generation, lots and lots of adventure games and 2015 will add lots more of them.

I’m playing Murasaki Baby right now - lots of little indie adventures as well as big releases like Dangan Ronpa 2.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 18 December 2014 04:42 PM

Danganronpa (and its sequel) make me sad I don’t own a PSP, and The Cat Lady looks right up my alley as well. And the other two are also on my list of games to play… Tongue

A refurbished Vita shouldn’t be all that expensive any longer, and there’s quite a few gems to play at this point, with more to come (more Corpse Party!)  Laughing

What exactly are these gems that are exclusive to the Vita?

I ask because I’ve been considering getting one, but Danganronpa 2 is the only exclusive game on there that I really want, and it seems pretty excessive to get a new system for one game.

A couple months ago I got a 3DS, and I mainly went that route instead of the Vita because of the new Phoenix Wright game.  But that game has been a big letdown for me.  I haven’t even made it out of the second case, because the writing just doesn’t seem to be on the same level of previous games.

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Zork: Nemesis = 7 points
Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time = 5 points

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

First choice:  The Longest Journey
Second choice: Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Serrated Scalpel

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Detective Mosely - 19 December 2014 10:37 AM
Kasper F. Nielsen - 18 December 2014 04:42 PM

What exactly are these gems that are exclusive to the Vita?

I ask because I’ve been considering getting one, but Danganronpa 2 is the only exclusive game on there that I really want, and it seems pretty excessive to get a new system for one game.

A couple months ago I got a 3DS, and I mainly went that route instead of the Vita because of the new Phoenix Wright game.  But that game has been a big letdown for me.  I haven’t even made it out of the second case, because the writing just doesn’t seem to be on the same level of previous games.

Well, other than the Danganronpa games (of which a third entry is heavily rumored to be in the works) there’s the two PSP releases of Corpse Party and Corpse Party: Book of Shadows - so if you already have a PSP, naturally those aren’t of much interest. If you don’t have a PSP those games are must-play and worth getting a Vita for in my opinion (and there’s a third entry on the way). Both are excellent!

Other than that I would categorize Murasaki Baby as a puzzle/adventure hybrid with some very interesting gameplay and use of the various gimmicks on the Vita. Along with that there’s also Doki-Doki Universe (also out for PS3/4), which is a strange but interesting little adventure. And lastly of the puzzle variant there’s Escape Plan (also out on PS4), which isn’t really for me, but is of high quality in general.

There’s also a few PS3 adventure titles that has been ported over such as Journey and The Unfinished Swan, which are well worth playing if you don’t already have that system, as well as Virtue’s Last Reward, which I imagine you’ve also played on the 3DS already.

But in general there’s not that much exclusive content that aren’t also from the PSP or PS3/4, so it depends on how many of these consoles you own yourself, and at what level you consider portability a nice thing. For me, I also preferred playing Broken Sword 5 on the Vita instead, and I’m looking forward to replaying Grim Fandango on it.

And I should note that I also greatly enjoy JRPG’s and platformers, so in that regard the Vita is also top notch Yum

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

And there’s quite a few gems to play at this point

He didn’t say gems exclusive to the VITA - however the VITA does have many exclusive games.

The VITA is basically a PSP-2 and plays all PSP games you download from PSN in enhanced mode on the VITA - with improved graphics and playability.

One exclusive adventure game to the PSP/V is “Sweet Fuse” which is very good - as well as Corpse Party: Book of Shadows and Dangan Ronpa 1 and 2 and Murasaki Baby.

Due to it’s OLED touch screen games that are common to the VITA that are available on other systems are much more fun to play on the VITA such as Broken Sword 5, Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead Season 1 and 2, Machinarium, Virtue’s Last Reward, Doki Doki Universe, Proteus, Flower, Unfinished Swan, Home and Jacob and the Bigfoot Mystery.

I have 99 games on my VITA and all of them are quite fun. I do have non-adventure games and mixed genre games like “Persona 4 Golden” and of course “Corpse Party” I really enjoy too.

Lot’s of great “almost” adventure games like “Stick It to the Man”, “Xblaze”, “Counterspy”, “Lone Survivor” and “The Swapper” to name a few.   

So - lots of great gems, many inexpensive on PSN - I can’t recommend “Velocity 2X” and “Child of Light” highly enough as inexpensive gems on the system.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

1) The Cat Lady
2) Gemini Rue
3) The Longest Journey

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Ah, thanks for the summary on the Vita, guys.

Kasper F. Nielsen - 19 December 2014 05:19 PM

And I should note that I also greatly enjoy JRPG’s and platformers, so in that regard the Vita is also top notch Yum

I’m not big on platformers, but I like JRPGs.  Any good exclusives of those on the Vita?

I just ordered the 3DS exclusive Persona spinoff.  And yeah, I got Virtue’s Last Reward on 3DS.  And also Fire Emblem: Awakening, which is absolutely amazing if you like strategy RPGs.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top