• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #30: Discworld

Total Posts: 5588

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I installed the game into ScummVM, which is really easy to use, and played for about a half hour, just exploring and getting used to the controls.  However, I ran into a problem trying to save a game.  The game manual says to use the F1 key to save, but that’s the brightness key on my Mac keyboard and it doesn’t bring up the save screen.  I tried using the command key and a bunch of other combinations, with no luck, so I just had to quit out of the game without saving.  Before I start again, does anyone have a solution to this?

Edit:  I’m going to try something I saw at ScummVM.org.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

If you´re playing on a laptop, there´s a good chance pressing the Fn key while pressing F1 will work.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It works now using F5.  I went to system preferences and changed my keyboard settings to use all F keys as standard function keys.

I’ve been roaming around UU but haven’t done anything productive yet except retrieve my money pouch.  Luggage is still snoring away on top of the wardrobe, and the apprentice won’t let me out of the gates.  Hmmm.  I wonder…

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lady Kestrel - 20 October 2014 04:54 PM

I’ve been roaming around UU but haven’t done anything productive yet except retrieve my money pouch.  Luggage is still snoring away on top of the wardrobe, and the apprentice won’t let me out of the gates.  Hmmm.  I wonder…

Just explore the University Lady K! Wink

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 20 October 2014 05:20 PM
Lady Kestrel - 20 October 2014 04:54 PM

Just explore the University Lady K! Wink

I have only one word to say: Broom-closet

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

And the only word I have to say is:   APE!!! 

You didn’t think I was going to say the M-word, did you? Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Iznogood - 20 October 2014 06:09 PM

Been there, bumped my head.  Laughing

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 20 October 2014 06:21 PM

You didn’t think I was going to say the M-word, did you? Wink

Lady Kestrel - 20 October 2014 06:53 PM
Iznogood - 20 October 2014 06:09 PM

Been there, bumped my head.  Laughing

Then I assume you have also picked up the witch-transportation-device, wonder what that can be used for

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, I had a bit of trouble picking up items at first but have now gotten the hang of it.  (It’s a bit fussy sometimes.) 

I finally found the arch chancelor’s room, fetched the tome with a little bribe, and have my assignment.  The voice acting is terrific.

Edit:  I finished fetching the first item and gave it to the AC.  I hope I don’t need it in the meantime.  Meh

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I see that you all figured out the dialog options. I never mentioned them in my introoductory post because it is really simple and I knew you would like to enjoy it for yourselves. Just have in mind that some dialog options are available for some NPCs only if you do some things (f.e. the Luggage option appear through your dialog with the wizards in the dinning room only if you previously met interacted with the Luggage. Same goes for the Librarian option.)

BTW, whenever each one of you finishes with the quest item, just say it so that we know if we should proceed further on in the situation we all have it before the deadline…

Lady Kestrel - 20 October 2014 09:28 PM

I finished fetching the first quest item and gave it to the AC.  I hope I don’t need it in the meantime.  Meh

The first one who found the first main item was the last one that joined??
Good for you!!
Plenty of time to explore the city then.  Naughty
It will probably save you lots of time.

Also: There are no dead ends in this game, so you don’t need to worry.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m happily re-exploring the university. Is this a cool game or what. Can I urge my fellow participants to pay a little attention to the doors and doorways? Right-click going in and again going out. Yes, even when it just says Entrance/Exit and even when it’s just an arrow!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Sefir - 21 October 2014 01:44 AM

The first one who found the first main item was the last one that joined??
Good for you!!

Heh.  I got so involved in playing that I didn’t get much else done yesterday.  Also, I had unsuccessfully wrestled for the item before I knew I needed it.  When I finally realized I could open the magic book and could see the items listed there, I knew where it was.  The how came a bit later.   

Sefir - 21 October 2014 01:44 AM

Also: There are no dead ends in this game, so you don’t need to worry.

That’s good to know.  I did restart once because I thought I had given away my only banana at the wrong time.  I then kicked myself after finding a bunch of them in the kitchenMeh

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I’m going to have to put Discworld on hold while I travel to Europolis instead - Yes I know but this simply can’t be avoided, but don’t worry I will be back before the deadline for this segment of the disc.

But before I go I have to say that the whole conversation with Windle Poons has to be one of the funniest I have ever had in a game.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Pickled he is me thinks.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

Got the first quest item. Wandering the city now.

edit:I obviously mean the first main item. Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top