• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretinJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Sci-fi game Asylopole

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2016-10-06

PM

Hello !  Smile
I’d like to present an old-school adventure game: Asylopole (inspired by classics such as Monkey Island, Blade runner, Sanitarium,...).
On this project, I’ve been doing almost everything (story, writing dialogs, art, music,...).

Overview:
Asylopole is a satirical old-school adventure game set in a dystopian future. You play the role of Adam Murdock, a psychiatrist working in a gigantic asylum. Get inside your patients’ heads to find out what’s gone wrong. Experience totally new universes and fight your patients’ worst nightmares…

Features:
- Large universe
- Non-linear
- 2D hand drawn graphics, rotoscoping, stop-motion
- 90’s feeling
- Varied gameplay: exploration, puzzles, fights,...
- Rich content: quests, mini-games, network (Ultranet),...
- Adjustable difficulty
- Controllers support
- Gain EXP and increase your stats
- Eat nice Fastbouf burgers ( look at that sauce dripping down ! )

Video:

You can follow Asylopole on
Facebook
Twitter

Thanks for your time. Laughing

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

This looks really interesting!  All the best with development.  Looks like you’re exploring a lot of fun ideas for the interface too. Smile

Joined 2016-10-06

PM

Thanks CaptainD ! It takes lot of time.

(Your demo is really cool^^)  Nerd

Joined 2016-10-06

PM

Updated video (walking animation improvement, etc…)

Asylopole is now on greenlight (vote if you’re interested) !
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=777347943

Thanks. Smile

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

I’ve posted about it on my blog - http://www.indiegamenews.com/2016/10/sci-fi-game-asylopole-now-on-steam.html - interested to see where you take this game.

(Also thanks for trying out my demo! Smile)

Joined 2016-10-06

PM

Oh ! Thank you much appreciated.  Thumbs Up

( Your game looks like Monkey Island 3. Really nice art.Grin )

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

http://www.adventuregamers.com/videos/view/31430

doesn’t it look great!

the game is like trying to handle and deal with many side element of adventure gaming that it take for granted, like email, reading the new .. etc, but one scene of the trailer got me thinking its more of an RPG of some sort of a dystopian reality?

looking good, and looking forward to.

Joined 2016-10-06

PM

Sorry for possible mistakes (french here…). Pan

Like classical adventure games you can speak with (strange) characters, collect items, resolve puzzles.

And yes, side elements like fights, mini-games, “Ultranet” and a few more(most of them are optional).

In a lot of adventure games, you need to do some “things” before going into a new location. For example: If you don’t speak with this “X” character or grab this “Y” item, you can’t go anywhere. The game is “stuck in time” and wait the player.
When you start Asylopole you can already discover the megalopolis, the asylum, some stores, restaurants, read recent comments, send messages… Of course you can just follow the main quest and ignore some locations / characters. But if you want, you can explore, unlock side quests, eventually fight villains, etc and learn more about the background. The game isn’t linear.
By doing more quests, you gain exp for improve your stats. Stats are usefull for fighting things. So yes it looks a bit like a RPG but this is not the core of the game.
Laughing

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

This sounds like an absolutely huge undertaking for a solo dev!  Hope you don’t end up like one of your “strange characters” as a result!

For myself when I’ve designed less linear adventure games I found that it throws up a lot of potentially huge problems in terms of game flow, but I assume you have a lot of side-quests, RPG style, that are not essential to the main plot and so it doesn’t really matter if you find them or not as they don’t necessarily impact on anything else.

Hugely interested to see what you come up with for this, it seems a very ambitious project even for a team, never mind one person.

Joined 2016-10-06

PM

Game development takes time. Grin All I need is more time (atm it’s only on my spare time…) and a budget mainly for translations, because french is not enough.
I start the project in 2007. In 2012 I release a demo version (not available now because I don’t like it anymore), the game win 9 awards in a little french contest: http://www.alexdor.info/?p=jeu&tests;-recompenses&id=231

Version 2012 vs 2016:

Joined 2016-10-06

PM

New visual:

Smile

Joined 2016-10-06

PM

Asylopole has been greenlit, after 10 days ! Thanks Adventure Gamers !  Smile

Joined 2016-10-06

PM

I will launch a crowdfunding campaign on 25 october.
I need some help for testing a little demo. Someone are interested by trying a demo (just to make sure that the translation is ok, no bugs, etc) ?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Pixoala - 22 October 2016 09:31 AM

I will launch a crowdfunding campaign on 25 october.
I need some help for testing a little demo. Someone are interested by trying a demo (just to make sure that the translation is ok, no bugs, etc) ?

Sure, if it’s not too long. It looks like you may need some help (“How much cost this head”).

Joined 2016-10-06

PM

Thanks, you can check your MP. Smile

Joined 2016-10-06

PM

So, thanks Oscar !
I will launch a crowdfunding campaign on 25 october ! Get ready. Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top