• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

https://www.fahrenheit-game.com/?age-verified=e2139ffd1b

Out Today on IOS, PC and MAC.

Looks like they released this with little fanfare. 10 years after the original release they have put out an HD remake.

Unfortunatly the HS-ness looks fairly weak. It’s not like this is a PS4 remake, but for $9.99 it seems fine.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Seems like more of way to port the game to tablets and decided to also re-release on PC by giving it a bit of resolution bump.

Funny how they decided to join the two names to avoid confusion (Fahrenheit / Indigo Prophecy).

Total Posts: 229

Joined 2006-03-25

PM

I think I’d rather get no improvements than half-assed “remasters”. I like experiencing different eras in graphics when I play games. The idea of a fully remodeled game is exciting, but if it’s just going to be a lazy retexture, it makes me feel weird. I’d rather just see the original as originally designed, or a complete remake. Either extreme.

Extra scenes are nice though.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It’s nice of them provide the new generations the possibility of a good disappointment as well.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I really liked it when it first came out, though the second part of the game started to enter the “really WTF” territory.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

If I didn’t already own it on PC and hadn’t completed it twice already, I may have considered it.

It was a cool yet deeply flawed game for the time, and was a sign of things to come from Quantic Dream. Still, it’s probably worth $10 if you can stomach silly sci-fi stuff.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I never did bother to finish the game myself. It goes south so fast after the impressive opening, that I just threw my hands in the air and went “if the devs don’t care, I don’t care either”.

Shame really, as it did have an insane amount of potential. Sadly everything almost all after the crime scene can be summbed with this: http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/234765-i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

tomimt - 29 January 2015 05:40 PM

It’s nice of them provide the new generations the possibility of a good disappointment as well.

Well, it’s certainly better than their later games Grin

I did actually enjoy Fahrneheit quite a bit.

I did quite enjoy it, though as I recall I didn’t quite finish it. Unfortunately that’s not a one-time occurrence for me. I seem to have a psychological aversion for finishing games (it’s not like I never - or usually - do, but I’ve certainly left too many games almost finished than I’d like).

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-07-12

PM

I am playing the original version at the moment and there have been a lot of situations when I just had to swear at the game. The game has a nice movie like feel and the story is ok but there are   a lot of frustrating parts in the game.

First of all the camera is awful, you can change it but you can never see properly around yourself, and since there are some sneak sequences and also some that require you to run fast to some exit, it makes the game a chore to play.  Also a lot of times when you are just looking at some cutscene there are those ridiciluous sequences where you have to press directional buttons and cant follow the story, seriously I can´t understand why did Cage put that in a game, it is tedious. The game is not bad, actually it is quite good, but it could have been so much better without those things I mentioned. Dont know how good this remastered version is since I haven´t played it.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Another texture pack pasted ag claims remastered .Actually hd textures looks quite out of place on poor ps2 models and lighting.You dont need to sell out saying it’s remastered just release free the texture pack like how countless other honest gamers does.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Yikes.  Can’t believe this one is already 10 years old.  This still seems like the new game on the block! I remember playing this one while working on out KQ3 remake…

Bt

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Its not a bad game. Like most people, once it hit a 3rd of the way in I was shocked though.

I mean, seriously? What the hell happened? Once a certain event happened to Lucas it was mental.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top