• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Steam curators

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

So, apparently there are “curators” on steam that you can follow and get game recommendations from.

Does anyone know if there are any good (or any at all) curators on steam that focus on point and click adventures? Or just games with strong narrative in general and not shooty-killy-bang-bang games?

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Actually, I just found one “Adventures forever”.

Wow this curator thing is blossoming like crazy now. Following it explode this morning.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Have you tried using the keyword “adventure”? Wink

You’d notice that AdventureGamers is in there… Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

actually lol no I didn’t. I used point and click though which came up with nothing. But that’s changing fast!

Thanks for the heads up on that one *DOH* I’ll blame it on morning stupidity.

Turns out the one I mentioned is actually curated by Jan Kavan, of J.U.L.I.A fame. Smile

Edit: in my defense, the adventuregamers.com curator might not even have existed when I searched. All their games are added today. It’s all happening right now full speed on steam. Every site wants to be a curator now that the curator feature is suddenly in the spotlight on steam.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Maybe it will need getting used to but I’m founding the new Steam store format even more confusing and hard to see stuff. The recommendations I’m getting are also really bad… Lots of popular Early Access and F2p that I don’t want

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

I’ve spent quite a lot of time today looking into the whole thing and I honestly believe this change is for the better, though I certainly think there are quite a lot of quirks in the system they need to work out. At the top of my page I get a bunch of horribly uninteresting things recommended to me, but now that I’ve added some curators that I follow, I found that the content already is becoming more relevant to my tastes. (unfortunately I have to scroll pretty far down to get to these more relevant things.)

Here are some adventure game curators I’m currently following, posted without comment:

Children of the Adventure Rennaisance
Owl cave (makers of richard and alice)
Quality Narrative
Awesome graphic adventures

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I see, I new to start following some curators.

But still, some recommendations are just weird:
“Since you played J.U.L.I.A. we recommend Life is Feudal: Your Own”
“Since you own Longest Journey we recommend Final Fantasy XIII”
“Since you wishlisted Papers,Please we recommend Stronghold Crusader 2”

Smile Probably a problem with the tag system

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Agreed, it’s still pretty broken. Fingers crossed they’ll sort it out soon!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top